Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

*me raging while playing sf6* This is friggin bullcrap... why is ryu's crouching medium punch only -6 on block?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

bad metaphors posted:

*me raging while playing sf6* This is friggin bullcrap... why is ryu's crouching medium punch only -6 on block?

it will be frustrating in sf6 since the complaining about 3f normals in sfv has caused them to make the fastest normal 10f

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They'll do a single player streetfighter 1 reboot before they make an sf6

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

SF6 will be a phone game.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The Dave posted:

SF6 will be a phone game.

SFV will be chess-by-mail after people complain about zoning and throws and blocking and online and not winning for hitting the start button.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Zand posted:

it will be frustrating in sf6 since the complaining about 3f normals in sfv has caused them to make the fastest normal 10f

Well since they don't know how to make a Street Fighter game anymore I guess they might as well start copying Tekken. :c00l:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The next episode of CBS reality competition The Amazing Race will include an esports challenge: Contestants will have to face and defeat a pro gamer in Street Fighter 5. That may sound like an unfair requirement; some of the worlds best Street Fighter players, including Seon-woo Infiltration Lee and Chung-Gon Poongko Lee, will appear on the show. Naturally, theres a twist.

The Amazing Race will make the challenge slightly easier for contestants by providing them with a coach who will teach them the basics of Street Fighter 5. But if they cant knock out their opponent in 10 rounds, theyll receive an advantage: The pro player will be forced to play one-handed. If they fail 10 more times, the pro player will fight wearing a blindfold.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

The next episode of CBS reality competition The Amazing Race will include an esports challenge: Contestants will have to face and defeat a pro gamer in Street Fighter 5. That may sound like an unfair requirement; some of the worlds best Street Fighter players, including Seon-woo Infiltration Lee and Chung-Gon Poongko Lee, will appear on the show. Naturally, theres a twist.

The Amazing Race will make the challenge slightly easier for contestants by providing them with a coach who will teach them the basics of Street Fighter 5. But if they cant knock out their opponent in 10 rounds, theyll receive an advantage: The pro player will be forced to play one-handed. If they fail 10 more times, the pro player will fight wearing a blindfold.

Lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Pepperoni nips about to go worldwide when one of those people takes a round off Poongko before the one hander matches.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

"Where we're going we don't need eyes to see", says Poongko, doing dash forward into DP.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm sure they're not going to let the guys stunt on these people, and probably have them throw games once it gets to the one hander portion....but I have to imagine, if this was full tilt, Infiltration could hold this down with a blindfold on anyone below silver. Unless they mean one handed and blindfolded...then it's a maybe.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Real hurthling! posted:

"So this guy's known for making quite possibly the best fighting game player of all time look like a clown. Anyway, best of luck!"

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Real hurthling! posted:

The next episode of CBS reality competition The Amazing Race will include an esports challenge: Contestants will have to face — and defeat — a pro gamer in Street Fighter 5. That may sound like an unfair requirement; some of the world’s best Street Fighter players, including Seon-woo “Infiltration” Lee and Chung-Gon “Poongko” Lee, will appear on the show. Naturally, there’s a twist.

The Amazing Race will make the challenge slightly easier for contestants by providing them with a coach who will teach them the basics of Street Fighter 5. But if they can’t knock out their opponent in 10 rounds, they’ll receive an advantage: The pro player will be forced to play one-handed. If they fail 10 more times, the pro player will fight wearing a blindfold.

I refuse to believe this is real

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lamentable dustman posted:

I refuse to believe this is real

but thats the very definition of reality tv!!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
So the coach is gonna be Gootecks right?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jmcrofts posted:

Lol

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Jmcrofts posted:

So the coach is gonna be Futuretecks right?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jmcrofts posted:

lmao

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

This is airing tonight lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I assume the coach is from asia if the race is going through there. Maybe its marn

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

hiddenriverninja posted:

This is airing tonight lmao

what time and channel cuz this sounds hilarious.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Real hurthling! posted:

I assume the coach is from asia if the race is going through there. Maybe its marn

Next challenge: purchase the correct cream to get rid of this weird skin disease in a country where you dont speak the language

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
If anybody is wondering if Capcom can screw up a game worse than SFV, well Ultra SF2 comes out tomorrow. Essentially it's a rerelease of HDR, a $15 game from 2008, for $40. But they removed all the HDR changes (contentious as they were) and then made a bunch of other weird changes which aren't listed in full anywhere but include: removing stored supers, no old characters, and added throw teching. Even more notably you can't change the speed, so no turbo. But they added all kinds of great features to warrant that $40 price tag like a color editor, an insultingly bad first-person motion-control mini-game, and two new characters that totally aren't just pallet swaps of Ryu and Ken. They even put in that thing from SF4 on 3DS where you can bind a special move to one button press, y'know, the thing that let guile do walk-up sonic booms and made him by far the best character in the game. Good thing guile isn't in SF2! It does have online play, but the online play was disabled for the review period so no word on how well it works, but I'm sure it's fine.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The coach will be Lupe Fiasco.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Fenn the Fool! posted:

If anybody is wondering if Capcom can screw up a game worse than SFV, well Ultra SF2 comes out tomorrow. Essentially it's a rerelease of HDR, a $15 game from 2008, for $40. But they removed all the HDR changes (contentious as they were) and then made a bunch of other weird changes which aren't listed in full anywhere but include: removing stored supers, no old characters, and added throw teching. Even more notably you can't change the speed, so no turbo. But they added all kinds of great features to warrant that $40 price tag like a color editor, an insultingly bad first-person motion-control mini-game, and two new characters that totally aren't just pallet swaps of Ryu and Ken. They even put in that thing from SF4 on 3DS where you can bind a special move to one button press, y'know, the thing that let guile do walk-up sonic booms and made him by far the best character in the game. Good thing guile isn't in SF2! It does have online play, but the online play was disabled for the review period so no word on how well it works, but I'm sure it's fine.

The worst part is Capcom is basing how much they'll support the Switch on the success of USF2, so expect lots of flimsy excuses as to why there's no Monster Hunter for Switch in the future

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
don't forget that the switch has the worst controller of any console ever made when it comes to fighting games and limited joystick support

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Switch is still starved enough for games that I bet it will do pretty well

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

darealkooky posted:

don't forget that the switch has the worst controller of any console ever made when it comes to fighting games and limited joystick support

idk about you but Joy-Cons have been pretty okay for me whenever I play Garou

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/thatmeanscene_/status/867751875684306950

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Eventually there will be a brooks converter for switch id imagine

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

dropping the cage down on any stage would be a cool vtrigger

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I can be Spider-Man again

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

The worst part is Capcom is basing how much they'll support the Switch on the success of USF2, so expect lots of flimsy excuses as to why there's no Monster Hunter for Switch in the future

lol that would be the emptiest threat in history. As if Capcom will hold a portable Monster Hunter hostage---it's the IP that practically keeps them alive. They'd be insane to not put another one on Switch.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

is this some type of mod? I remember reading some tweets where they were thinking of making his cage drop down in any stage but they decided to scrap it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

zooted heh posted:

is this some type of mod? I remember reading some tweets where they were thinking of making his cage drop down in any stage but they decided to scrap it.

That's Vega's new stage coming with the patch.

If he got a vtrigger that dropped the cage and gave you some margin of control over where and when he dived off... that would probably be pretty great.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

A.o.D. posted:

That's Vega's new stage coming with the patch.

If he got a vtrigger that dropped the cage and gave you some margin of control over where and when he dived off... that would probably be pretty great.

This being capcom none of that will be true

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Prediction: within a week people will discover this can soft lock the game and the stage will be removed, then return without the cage.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

just lol if it replaces your ex wall dive with just him leaping onto the cage then you have to spend a other ex to come off it.

zooted heh fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 25, 2017

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

zooted heh posted:

just lol if it replaces your ex wall dive with just him leaping onto the cage then you have to spend a other ex to come off it.

If they were smart, they would make it so ex doesn't make you climb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
We're batting what, .800 on banned DLC stages?