Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Rigel posted:

Apparently election officials in Montana are getting bombarded with calls from people who voted early asking if they can change their vote. Unfortunately the answer is no, but I think thats strong evidence that last night mattered and lots of people do vote on election day.

"What do you mean I can't change my vote to Gianforte? That dude completely wrecked that journalist, it was amazing!"

Overthrow the dog tax! Fight on, cat tax!

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Chaffetz isn't getting the memos (yet) due to the special prosecutor:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/867813527129653249

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

theflyingorc posted:

He got played by the president of Tajikistan, a country i promise you Trump did not know existed before he became president

Hell, i want to see Andorra own him

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

FlamingLiberal posted:

This 4th circuit ruling was only about whether to uphold the injunction, right?

Yeah, but the standard to grant an injunction this extreme is very high, to the point where its hard to believe anything changes after a trial or a hearing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Man this thread is going to be bad tonight if the Dem losses even if it's by like 3 points in a +20 R district. And if he does win we'll hear some "oh but it was only because of the body slam so it doesn't really count. "

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 25, 2017

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

This 4th circuit ruling was only about whether to uphold the injunction, right?

Yes. But in practice, a temporary injunction means you will win a permanent injunction, especially in a case like this.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Man this thread is going to be bad tonight if the Dem losses even if it's by like 3 points in a +20 R district.

Nah.

quote:

Report: Only .00003% Of Things That Happen Actually Matter

WASHINGTON—Despite the sense of importance virtually all people place on the details of their day-to-day lives, a new report out this week from the Pew Research Center found that only three in every 10 million things that happen actually matter. “For example, in the entire 20th century, the only events that really made any difference of any kind were the Holocaust, the invention of the atom bomb, civil rights, and at most one or two other things,” the report read in part.

“Meanwhile, our research found that how much caffeine you drink, your kid’s soccer game, what time the supermarket closes, where you go on vacation, weekend box-office returns, who shot JFK, and your taste in design do not matter in any way, regardless of your level of interest in them. In fact, the last thing that actually mattered at all was 9/11.” Pressed for comment, Pew researchers acknowledged that their new report was not among the .00003 percent of things that matter.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Man this thread is going to be bad tonight if the Dem losses even if it's by like 3 points in a +20 R district.

which of the lantern corps is powered by depression

gonna be gettin superpowers tonight baybee

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Man this thread is going to be bad

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I made a thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjCQUkhidgc

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Man this thread is going to be bad tonight if the Dem losses even if it's by like 3 points in a +20 R district. And if he does win we'll hear some "oh but it was only because of the body slam so it doesn't really count. "

If Gianforte wins despite this then republicans may well take it as a sign that they can be twice as bold about healthcare. They're wrong about that, but they're dumb as dog poo poo so I can see them believing such a thing.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Trump actually refused to commit to article 5. I assume Bannon prevented anyone from informing that stupid bastard that we were able to use article 5 (first time it was used for anything ever) to force europe to join us in unpopular wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

spoon daddy posted:

Of course nothing matters

I know a few pages back I was freaking out about the nukes, but if this is seriously your attitude towards things, then get out of the country

You aren't making things better by bitching about how everything sucks, then doing nothing about it

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

From earlier this morning but I wonder how this woman would feel if someone came up to her and chokeslammed her to the ground and punched her a few times for doing her job. I'm quite curious.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Apoplexy posted:

From earlier this morning but I wonder how this woman would feel if someone came up to her and chokeslammed her to the ground and punched her a few times for doing her job. I'm quite curious.

Wouldn't happen to her, cause she's a "good person" and it's a "just world" after all.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Rigel posted:

Trump actually refused to commit to article 5. I assume Bannon prevented anyone from informing that stupid bastard that we were able to use article 5 (first time it was used for anything ever) to force europe to join us in unpopular wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Yeah, but the next time it gets invoked it will be to protect the Baltics from the Russians, and Trump already told Putin he could have those back.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Yellow or Black. Personally I prefer Red.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This thread is always bad, thanks for the fresh insight.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

Well considering one of the "co-princes" of Andorra is the President of France you already did!

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Willo567 posted:

I know a few pages back I was freaking out about the nukes, but if this is seriously your attitude towards things, then get out of the country

lol love it or leave it

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

by greyest day, by dimmest oh gently caress it who cares

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Apoplexy posted:

Uh is her job to be a lying liar from liarton spreading baby killing liberal lies all over good, white, 'mericans???? Then obviously she wouldn't deserve it.

SocketWrench posted:

Agnes Moorehead died decades ago. I bet she could have though.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
lol if you're waiting for vote counts and not watching the Celtics get beaten to death on live television tonight

just lol

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Glazier posted:

Wouldn't happen to her, cause she's a "good person" and it's a "just world" after all.

Much like how conservative parents state they hate gay people until a beloved son or daughter turns out to be gay/lesbian/transgendered/etc. these folks don't care until it happens to them. See: alt-right folks into weed getting despondent over The Racist Keebler Elf's penchant for bringing back the war on drugs. All chuckles and self assurance until the barrel is pointed at them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Low Desert Punk posted:

lol if you're waiting for vote counts and not watching the Celtics get beaten to death on live television tonight

just lol

Uh we have just discovered that if you want to watch someone get beaten to death you tune in to politics now

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

empty whippet box posted:

If Gianforte wins despite this then republicans may well take it as a sign that they can be twice as bold about healthcare. They're wrong about that, but they're dumb as dog poo poo so I can see them believing such a thing.

It's a non-incumbent Dem trying to win a district that elected Trump by 21 points where the political backdrop is basically a referendum on Trump's efforts so far on health care.

Moving that needle from R+21 anywhere below R+10 is still a good result for the Democrats and the Republicans will have a hard time doing anything with healthcare.

The only way they'd get bold about healthcare is if the results are like R+15 or higher which would be the ultimate lolnothingmatters result.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

TheScott2K posted:

This thread is always bad, thanks for the fresh insight.

This thread gets good when we get a fresh hit of that sweet, sweet news. We're mainlining MT election stuff tonight

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What time will the montana results come in by the way.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Rigel posted:

This thread gets good when we get a fresh hit of that sweet, sweet news. We're mainlining MT election stuff tonight

That's true, the thread is kind of in pull-it-out-and-jack-it mode because the pussy is just a little too loose.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What time will the montana results come in by the way.

10 pm EST.

Unless it is a blowout, I wouldn't expect to know who won until between 11 and midnight.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Oxxidation posted:

by greyest day, by dimmest oh gently caress it who cares

By darkest day, by 24 hour news attrition,
In a 5 to 4 decision

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
not the most trump related thing ever, but -

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/principal-fired-after-video-shows-him-wearing-rings-associated-with-white-supremacy-nazism/442958651

quote:

Dean, principal of Crescent Leadership Academy, confirmed to The New Orleans Advocate earlier this week that he was told not to report to work for the “next week or two” after the earlier photos of him appeared online.

He told the newspaper he was there for a few minutes as an observer and wanted to witness the statue come down. He said he left after he saw the equipment to do so was not in place.

“I went to see history in the making,” Dean told The Advocate. “And now I am history,” adding that the online post in which the photo was shared was “fake-news character assassination.”

In the video posted to YouTube, Dean, who identifies himself as Nick Andrews, is seen wearing two rings often associated with and the Nazi movement: a skull ring awarded to members of the SS and a German Iron Cross. He also held a shield and small American flag.

Dean also appeared on an episode of the “Guerrilla Radio” podcast on a few days earlier. The podcast, which calls itself “The official podcast of The Revolutionary Conservative” was recorded before the so-called “Battle of New Orleans” on May 7 at Lee Circle took place.

"What do you mean, nazi? I was just there to check out the scene for a few minutes. I dress like this all the time." - guy wearing an american flag and a helmet, carrying a shield, wearing rings with nazi symbols on them

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Rigel posted:

Bannon came back to the states after mooslemland though?

Glazier posted:

And when they get a speeding ticket for going 100 over, it's gov. overreach.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

TheScott2K posted:

That's true, the thread is kind of in pull-it-out-and-jack-it mode because the pussy is just a little too loose.

I was going to post that you people have mental problems but instead I'm just going to back away slowly.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, he doesn't need to win. He just needs to get that R+ number in the single digits.

Montana doesn't matter, it's the races in purple states that matter.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

empty whippet box posted:

not the most trump related thing ever, but -

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/principal-fired-after-video-shows-him-wearing-rings-associated-with-white-supremacy-nazism/442958651

"What do you mean, nazi? I was just there to check out the scene for a few minutes. I dress like this all the time." - guy wearing an american flag and a helmet, carrying a shield, wearing rings with nazi symbols on them

what kind of mental gymnastics are required to wear both Nazi and American paraphernalia at the same time?

It's like being a marxist member of the illumanati or something.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I hope the next time Trump tries his handshake bullshit that someone visegrips his hand so hard that he crumples to his knees in agony, sobbing.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Pander posted:

what kind of mental gymnastics are required to wear both Nazi and American paraphernalia at the same time?

It's like being a marxist member of the illumanati or something.

White people are all in this together, but sometimes we have misunderstandings. I'm confident that one day all white people will get along.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Apoplexy posted:

If you asked her this question, she'd probably say something along the lines of "I wouldn't let it happen to me, I'm not some liberal crybaby." You can't rely on empathy with this sort of person, only personal experience counts for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Nah, I think we'll all just chill out with a nice drink.

• Locked thread