Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Montana matters, every representative matters.

Winning montana means Paul Ryan has to burn one more Republican who is going to have to swallow the bullet and pull the lever for an unpopular healthcare bill.

Which weakens that Republican in 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I wish every special election wasn't in a goddamn R+69 district

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Krispy Kareem posted:

Yeah, he doesn't need to win. He just needs to get that R+ number in the single digits.

Montana doesn't matter, it's the races in purple states that matter.

If by grace of God he wins, though, the GOP starts to bleed from the eyes and weep about the horror, so you know.

That'd be nice.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Fitzy Fitz posted:

White people are all in this together, but sometimes we have misunderstandings. I'm confident that one day all white people will get along.

I'm not having tea with Hannity

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Pander posted:

what kind of mental gymnastics are required to wear both Nazi and American paraphernalia at the same time?

It's like being a marxist member of the illumanati or something.

https://twitter.com/simpsons_tweets/status/744212103297277952

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

RuanGacho posted:

I'm not having tea with Hannity

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

nachos posted:

I wish every special election wasn't in a goddamn R+69 district

Its not a coincidence. If Trump thought MT-AL would be at all close, he would not have picked that guy for his administration.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Nah friend, that's confrontation. He'd back away and say he has to consult his lawyers and never come back.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Paul Ryan is a disingenuous gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpgbQdvVLgU

"There's no reason for a physical altercation ever" says a man who deserves to be swirlied until he drowns.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pander posted:

what kind of mental gymnastics are required to wear both Nazi and American paraphernalia at the same time?

America is for white people, Nazis were for white people, bing bong they're friends

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Sloober posted:

Nah friend, that's confrontation. He'd back away and say he has to consult his lawyers and never come back.

America the blindfolded princess.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

in a just world paul ryan would be ripped apart by a mob of poors like that fat pope in game of thrones.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

in a just world paul ryan would be ripped apart by a mob of poors like that fat pope in game of thrones.

MEAT

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RuanGacho posted:

America the blindfolded princess.

According to the writer Buttercup is pretty and everyone tells her she's exceptional but she's actually kind of dumb and self-absorbed and constantly fucks up. So, yeah, pretty much.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Nah, I think we'll all just chill out with a nice drink.

Hey. As someone who has previously posted about how it was not, likely at least, Kool-Aid that was used at Jonestown, I appreciated this. Well done.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Groovelord Neato posted:

He's more Littlefinger.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Wark Say posted:

Actually, this is better because it offers some context. The context is that Trump is a giant baby. Again, Macron should've decked him. Nobody would've blamed him.

I read this, and thought of Lindsay Graham's "if you shot Ted Cruz, and you were tried in the Senate, you won't get convicted" line, thought that it would also apply to a NATO member beating up trump, but somehow​ there wouldn't​be witnesses.

Then I realized trump is the Ted Cruz of international politics :stonk:

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Pander posted:

Seen a confederate flag recently?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fitzy Fitz posted:

White people are all in this together, but sometimes we have misunderstandings. I'm confident that one day all white people will get along.

Just like how all black people get along, right?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

empty whippet box posted:

not the most trump related thing ever, but -

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/principal-fired-after-video-shows-him-wearing-rings-associated-with-white-supremacy-nazism/442958651

"What do you mean, nazi? I was just there to check out the scene for a few minutes. I dress like this all the time." - guy wearing an american flag and a helmet, carrying a shield, wearing rings with nazi symbols on them

Ahahaha

“I went to see history in the making,” Dean told The Advocate. “And now I am history”

Maybe if you don't want to become history don't wear stuff you pulled off the ash heap, shitbird

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BarbarianElephant posted:

He's more Littlefinger.

littlefinger isn't a moron.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I agree with you that our politics are divisive to the point where it's exceedingly difficult to imagine a peaceable resolution within our generation. That being said, so much of that is occurring because white supremacy is being challenged in way it hasn't in generations. The political debate is opening up to redistributive policies that don't come at the expense of minorities, and white people are feeling the need to violently defend the status quo. We shouldn't back away from justice because it engenders violent hysteria on the other side. And yeah, we're probably also going to have to become rigidly partisan.

I have been trying to find out why Greek Police are using shields that use the Latin alphabet but my internet-search powers are not strong enough. Any ideas?

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Hey. As someone who has previously posted about how it was not, likely at least, Kool-Aid that was used at Jonestown, I appreciated this. Well done.

You get me. :glomp:

BarbarianElephant posted:

He's more Littlefinger.

Nah, Littlefinger has ambition, plans intelligence, etc.

Ryan would just stand there giving Varys a dumb, doe-eyed stare, stammering about how while he approved of King Robert, King Joffrey is certainly a strong leader who will get things done, and then he'd go stumble around whining about Margaery wasting time and resources on the poor.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Paul Ryan is a disingenuous gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpgbQdvVLgU

"There's no reason for a physical altercation ever" says a man who deserves to be swirlied until he drowns.

he's right, though, he just doesn't realize who the people are who voted for him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

I have been trying to find out why Greek Police are using shields that use the Latin alphabet but my internet-search powers are not strong enough. Any ideas?

Is it possible you missed the Sigma from the first word, somehow?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

SocketWrench posted:

Hell, i want to see Andorra own him

I mean - he already got a pretty strong "no, gently caress YOU" from the Vatican, which is the world's smallest country.

But I'd love for, say, Kiribati to slight him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

You get me. :glomp:

Nah, Littlefinger has ambition, plans intelligence, etc.

Ryan would just stand there giving Varys a dumb, doe-eyed stare, stammering about how while he approved of King Robert, King Joffrey is certainly a strong leader who will get things done, and then he'd go stumble around whining about Margaery wasting time and resources on the poor.

So he's Maester Pycelle?

Being stabbed to death by children he hosed over is a fitting end for Paul Ryan, I think.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

Yeah, no that's Greek. They say "ΑΣΤΥΝΟΜΙΑ".

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Just like how all black people get along, right?

I can't tell if people are taking me seriously or not :(

Just in case: I was pretending to quote an American Nazi.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Pander posted:

People forget but prior to World War II the American Nazi Party was large enough that they held sold out rallies in Madison Square Garden.

It's nothing new. And again another example that things in the past were more hosed up then they are now.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
Someone was talking about "Trump refused to commit to NATO", etc., and I got all excited and hopeful just seeing the words "Trump" and "commit" in the same sentence.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

People forget but prior to World War II the American Nazi Party was large enough that they held sold out rallies in Madison Square Garden.

It's nothing new. And again another example that things in the past were more hosed up then they are now.

and they can never get bad ever again because the best part about history is that it never repeats itself

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"

Chilichimp posted:

Is it possible you missed the Sigma from the first word, somehow?

Well I thought that was a goofy "E" at first but I found this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenic_Police which seems to suggest the shields are a weird conglomeration or alternatively I understand even less about the world than I thought I did

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^ I mean OK you know there's a whole lot of crossover

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

there's a sigma RIGHT THERE dude

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Chilichimp posted:

So he's Maester Pycelle?

Being stabbed to death by children he hosed over is a fitting end for Paul Ryan, I think.

Just enough guile to think he's a player, not enough to avoid getting dunked on by almost everyone? Sounds about right.

And a pack of homeless children murdering Paul Ryan would be awesome.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Liu posted:

and they can never get bad ever again because the best part about history is that it never repeats itself

hmm yes that's exactly what I'm saying. :rolleyes:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

To this day I cannot tell if it was marketing's greatest coup that people say kool-aid instead of flav-r-ade on the part of kool-aid or flav-r-ade

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
History doesn't repeat itself, but it does speak in puns.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That, and the whole thing where Mein Kampf repeatedly cites American racial codes and Native American genocide as the best examples of modern state policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Meatball posted:

I read this, and thought of Lindsay Graham's "if you shot Ted Cruz, and you were tried in the Senate, you won't get convicted" line, thought that it would also apply to a NATO member beating up trump, but somehow​ there wouldn't​be witnesses.

Then I realized trump is the Ted Cruz of international politics :stonk:
I don't want to write/post anything that could potentially flatter Trump, but Ted Cruz strikes me as a low-rent version of Trump, and as like some goon previously posted in the previous thread, Trump already seems like a caricature of what a rich person should be. Hell, there were comparisons to Scrooge McDuck, but at least the duck seemed to be constantly on the move, as opposed to Trump who, according to some article (can't remember the publication) said that Trump's whole raison d'etre is to remain in the USA as much as possible, just like he used to do in his hotels / Trump tower.

• Locked thread