Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Auxiliary Treats posted:

The Sony silver headset is a pretty good option. It's essentially the gold headset, just wired instead of wireless.

No need to worry about not having a mic to join parties. Having a squad that's actually (somewhat) coordinated helps enough on its own.

But be sure to put voice through your speakers, you can listen to our sparkling and witty repartee.

And me swearing a lot!

And Lawrence419 grunting and sweating through what I'm assuming was some serious constipation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

Also lmao at the argument that the average person won't know about Germanys African troops but they should know about Russian women

Wasn't there a call of duty where you played a russian woman sniper on the eastern front?

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Ardent Communist posted:

I've been playing this on ps4, but I don't have a mic. Probably shouldn't bother joining any of the clans eh? Separately, what's the most cost effective headset? I have no idea what happened to my original but I've needed to replace it for awhile.

Yeah just join, hell sometimes I'm too busy eating at the top of my lungs to even unmute

FWIW I just use the earbud mic that comes with the PS4 and slip it underneath my sennheisers, which are plugged directly into the TV (well nowadays I plug directly into the PS4 optical out cause it sounds better)

Ol Standard Retard posted:

lol if you're using bullets to kill people

:discourse: #rocketlife

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'd feel a little better about getting gunned down by hellriegels all the goddamn time if I had more than 20 bullets in my BAR or Chauchat to begin with. Giving that thing 40 rounds is retarded.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Optical Inch posted:

I'd feel a little better about getting gunned down by hellriegels all the goddamn time if I had more than 20 bullets in my BAR or Chauchat to begin with. Giving that thing 40 rounds is retarded.

It has 60 or 120.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
speaking of the good life,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rx1iwzOvF4

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Ol Standard Retard posted:

lol if you're using bullets to kill people

*nods solemnly from the cockpit of my biplane as I go in for another lawn dart run*

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Optical Inch posted:

They should nerf it with this magazine. Even fewer rounds would make it more reasonable.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Haha sorry backup and DROB I just popped in to teabag you and then blow up a car

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:

Mandatory Assembly posted:

Is there a platoon for PS4 goons? There's no evidence of one in the OP.
This butt for xbone? I searched BUTT and goon but i didn't see a likely candidate

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
It's butt on both

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

e.pilot posted:

They should nerf it with this magazine. Even fewer rounds would make it more reasonable.

switch it with the perosa imo. or make it overheat at the very least

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Or just let me keep melting faces with it

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Your gimmick sucks. You don't have a hellriegel service star and you die a lot more than you kill anyone.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Chemmy posted:

Your gimmick sucks. You don't have a hellriegel service star and you die a lot more than you kill anyone.

my feelings about this post are less hurt than people who get their feelings hurt by my hellriegel

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
the hellriegel is overrated for what it is tbh :can:
it's easy to use but other assault weapons are better if you can use and abuse them.

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:
Okay Applied as TheBrownGzis

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Mandatory Assembly posted:

Is there a platoon for PS4 goons? There's no evidence of one in the OP.

IBurnStuffAlot posted:

This butt for xbone? I searched BUTT and goon but i didn't see a likely candidate

BUTT Clan and Tactical Hugs are both PS4 Goon Platoons, join both

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I don't get mad at people who exclusively use the hellreigel. Well I can't because if you replace hellreigel with lebel I'm exactly like them.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
The lebel actually takes skill though. Pretty much everything else take some modicum of skill. The hellreigel is a laser with too much magazine capacity, too little recoil, and far too effective at range.

And you don't see every pubbie running around with 100 stars and a lebel. Hell I couldn't tell you the last time I was killed by a lebel.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I just got my 20th service star with the lebel infantry, it's a joy to use. I usually get 30 to 40 kills with it per round with a few mop up kills with the frommer. In the past few months I've become really loving good at this game. I almost exclusively play PTFO scout and according to battlefieldstats I'm at 1.4k SPM and a 3.13 kdr. I guess it helps that I had 7 days played prior to switching to ps4 pro.

Edit: If anything I don't mind people using the hellreigel because most of the time I can still take them on with the frommer stop. No matter how OP a gun is, it still can't top positioning and reflexes. Also the frommer is secretly OP and I hope DICE never nerfs it.

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 26, 2017

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Live At Five! posted:

I just got my 20th service star with the lebel infantry, it's a joy to use. I usually get 30 to 40 kills with it per round with a few mop up kills with the frommer. In the past few months I've become really loving good at this game. I almost exclusively play PTFO scout and according to battlefieldstats I'm at 1.4k SPM and a 3.13 kdr. I guess it helps that I had 7 days played prior to switching to ps4 pro.

Are you for real wait is this baconfeet because I noticed you were a lil op

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Yeah I'm baconfeet1 on psn. I need to play with y'all more often.

And yes here's proof https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/psn/baconfeet1

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

According to that, I'm in the top 9% for resupplies per minute, and garbage at everything else.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/xbox/epilot5280

I'm top 6% for flags captured and top 2% for support class, nice.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Live At Five! posted:

Yeah I'm baconfeet1 on psn. I need to play with y'all more often.

And yes here's proof https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/psn/baconfeet1

yeah that SPM stat has to include like... the end-game score 1.5x bonus and also ribbons or some poo poo because there's no way I'm consistently scoring (it says I'm 950 SPM) in the 20-25k point range per game.

top 0.5% in OUR LORD AND SAVIOR ROCKET DONG kills

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I'm supposedly in the top .8% in kills with the gas grenade. Top .1% kpm with it. Awesome.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
im pretty middling to bad despite placing in the top 5 almost every match

Robot Randy fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 26, 2017

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Robot Randy posted:

im pretty middling to bad despite placing in the top 5 almost every match

Same. This is the first FPS I've played since the peak of Counter Strike popularity though so it took me a few months of being genuinely terrible before I started being consistent top 5 and positive KDR. I've almost clawed my way back to a positive KDR though, just shy of 0.9 now from a low of 0.6, as well as over 900 on SPM.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I'm top 3% on Xbox for the only stat that really matters, dogtags taken :black101:

Weirdly enough I'm also in the top 4% for accuracy at 0.31. Guess that's what happens when you swear yourself off sniping.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Well this was fun. Went from 1-1 to 22-1 in 3 minutes and 15 seconds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hGXubVevHr8

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
100 years from now, kids will learn the story of lawrence912
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05uCRMcQeZw

Just lol if you don't use the hellriegel to blow up behemoths

https://gfycat.com/SpiritedPointedArabianwildcat

The train in that round lasted about 2 minutes

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Auxiliary Treats posted:

100 years from now, kids will learn the story of lawrence912
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05uCRMcQeZw

:lol:

tell us of the snipers, lawrence

sing us the song of your people

cry havoc! and let slip the lawrences of lawrencium, e pluribus unum et spiritus sancti

amen.

:allears:

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I'm in the top 0.1% for stationary weapons apparently with 787 kills :v:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lambskin posted:

I'm in the top 0.1% for stationary weapons apparently with 787 kills :v:

Using what? Holy poo poo! AA guns??

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I use all the stationary weapons tbh. I don't camp on them all round, just use them when they are convenient. The field gun in particular is great for sniping people across the map. It's a very similar projectile to the arty truck so if you're used to that you should get the hang of it easily. Also I played this game way too much lol.

Here's my profile for proof: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/psn/breastler/

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Auxiliary Treats posted:

The train in that round lasted about 2 minutes

I love when the team comes together and collectively says gently caress you behemoth. :allears:

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

e.pilot posted:

I love when the team comes together and collectively says gently caress you behemoth. :allears:

we had a squad of goons on Amiens once backing up a team of tier one operators and when the train spawned on the British side, there were so many mines in place and it was hammered with grenades, rocket guns and limpets so quickly it never made it past the bridge at C... it was a thing of beauty :peanut:

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
After relentlessly making GBS threads on the selbstlader 1906 for being the worst medic gun I decided to use it and I actually quite like it. It kinda feels like the autoloading 8 factory except with massively increased range. As long as you're accurate it can be a lot of fun. It's partly the RoF, which let me win quite a few engagements that I should have lost. I can't recommend it over any other medic rifle but it isn't as lovely as it first seemed. You just have to be careful about positioning and be really good with a pistol to mop people up if you gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Live At Five! posted:

After relentlessly making GBS threads on the selbstlader 1906 for being the worst medic gun I decided to use it and I actually quite like it. It kinda feels like the autoloading 8 factory except with massively increased range. As long as you're accurate it can be a lot of fun. It's partly the RoF, which let me win quite a few engagements that I should have lost. I can't recommend it over any other medic rifle but it isn't as lovely as it first seemed. You just have to be careful about positioning and be really good with a pistol to mop people up if you gently caress up.

Welcome to the dark side. :madmax: After using the 1906 and the autoloading 8 it's hard to go back to the slower time to kill of the other medic rifles.