Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Well for me the Avenger is all about zipping around stabbing stuff, which is why it was so much fun to me. I'm sure with the new balance changes you might see some more fun out of power cell stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

wookieepelt posted:

I just unlocked about 95% of the common classes and I have been having a lot of fun with the Asari adept and sentinel, plus Human soldier. My Asaris aren't maxed out yet, but before I get them maxed out I was wondering what the consensus on annihilation field is. Should I spec for radius or cool down? Shield drain or vortex? Should I work on throw or Lance or both? Shield powered Lance?

Radius vs. cooldown is a playstyle preference. If you're good at getting out of The poo poo then you don't really need Radius as the cd penalty isn't prohibitive. And if you go for shield-powered Lance you have no cd anyway.

So your choice is either "glass cannon" (Radius, shield-powered Lance, max passives for Shields on Kill and Saving Barrier) or "safe and actually fire you gun sometimes" (Recharge, max Throw for the insane combo damage bonuses and super short cd, leave Lance at 1 point)

I don't like Lance that much because it's not a homing projectile like Throw is. I love me some curveballs!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I used to run shield powered lance but switched to the throw build after the last patch. I melted way too quickly on Gold.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

precision posted:

Radius vs. cooldown is a playstyle preference. If you're good at getting out of The poo poo then you don't really need Radius as the cd penalty isn't prohibitive. And if you go for shield-powered Lance you have no cd anyway.

So your choice is either "glass cannon" (Radius, shield-powered Lance, max passives for Shields on Kill and Saving Barrier) or "safe and actually fire you gun sometimes" (Recharge, max Throw for the insane combo damage bonuses and super short cd, leave Lance at 1 point)

I don't like Lance that much because it's not a homing projectile like Throw is. I love me some curveballs!

I don't like Lance very much either but I was going to spec for radius and use it for close range. Maybe I'll just skip it. Ultra fast throw should be enough.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't believe +Accuracy does anything on Remnant weapons (maybe the shotgun?) Scope extends their range so I would doubt Accuracy/stability do anything for them.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I'm really interested to see the angaran class with the electric powerset...it would make sense that their melee would be the electric firaan, which doesn't do that much damage but iirc primes enemies for tech combos

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

So with the way the drop system works, is it better to farm out the top packs rather than the gold packs if I'm looking to level up gold equipment?

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

God, I honestly can't decide which annoys me more: pubbies who just let themselves die when no one is capable of getting to them in time... or the ones that blow through their medi-gel immediately when they go down over and over and over.

Save it for emergencies, guys! :eng99:

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Checking in for the first time since launch. Are guns still useless?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

raverrn posted:

Checking in for the first time since launch. Are guns still useless?

No, actually. Last patch had some huge buffs for most of them.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

The new "Deeper Into The Ruins" strike team mission is super cool. The map changes between waves and makes it feel like you're exploring into this remnant facility and then fighting your way back out. Hopefully a lot more missions like this come out!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
BIOTIC GOLD

Asari Adept is real good yall.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Pierson posted:

BIOTIC GOLD

Asari Adept is real good yall.

Yeah Ive been hitting 1st or 2nd place a lot with human adept since the patch and its so loving good.

High five adept buddy

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
My hubris has been punished, I clicked the wrong button and prestiged my beautiful blue killer back to level one. :(

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Pierson posted:

My hubris has been punished, I clicked the wrong button and prestiged my beautiful blue killer back to level one. :(

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Pierson posted:

You got 10 APEX points though so it's not all bad.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I immediately spent those 10 APEX points on an exp booster. Seemed appropriate.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Pierson posted:

I immediately spent those 10 APEX points on an exp booster. Seemed appropriate.
Apex points not mission funds

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
oh my god thats even worse

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone here play much Asari Duelist? Curious what to leave as a 1 rank wonder on her, she's got a really nice skill set but I kind of want to max everything. Maybe leave either Backlash or Lance as a one point wonder? Or go 5/4 with Backlash/Lance respectively? Level 6 Backlash is tasty though.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Flipswitch posted:

Anyone here play much Asari Duelist? Curious what to leave as a 1 rank wonder on her, she's got a really nice skill set but I kind of want to max everything. Maybe leave either Backlash or Lance as a one point wonder? Or go 5/4 with Backlash/Lance respectively? Level 6 Backlash is tasty though.

Lance is my one point wonder.
I never use it, and if I did it works fine at one.

ABC, use backlash as an oh poo poo when you bite off too much

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Vidmaster posted:

The new "Deeper Into The Ruins" strike team mission is super cool. The map changes between waves and makes it feel like you're exploring into this remnant facility and then fighting your way back out. Hopefully a lot more missions like this come out!

Seriously, I'm in love with the new map so far. It may not be the best quality one, but the way it gradually opens up new rooms makes it feel way more engaging than just endlessly running in circles to mop up enemies. Almost makes me hope that they'll start borrowing the only thing that I liked about Inquisition's multiplayer, which is how you actually progressed through maps instead of just hunkering down in various spots in the same room.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Yeah, Deeper in the Ruins feels like a mission from Iniquisition and it's great - especially the last wave fight to the extraction point. Really shows that horde mode with a great combat system is good, but well desgined short missions with great combat system would be even better. And there's a bunch of singleplayer base assaults and setpieces they could rip out for multiplayer missions. The base on the mountain from the ice planet for example would make a cool mission.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 26, 2017

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Honestly, I think the best way to handle this kind of multiplayer is that it really needs to be its own game.

Something along the lines of Left 4 Dead or Vermintide only with this gameplay.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The new map is awesome and if this game were doing remotely well I bet we'd have gotten a ton more poo poo like that

But last night I legit had trouble even getting into a full game, the MP is crazy dead

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
bring sticky melee targeting back

http://i.imgur.com/svzKO87.gifv

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

you ask for sticky melee targetting and don't post a video of batarian skating?

for shame, dude

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
it was the only gif in my stable, I was looking for the one I made of 4 volus meleeing a geth prime to death

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Holy crap the Indra is terrible. Naturally I have it now at IV.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Holy crap the Indra is terrible. Naturally I have it now at IV.

It's ok at X if you spec a Turian soldier for accuracy and use an ammo mod. Eventually, it gets to the point where you can use it as a mid-range rifle and just aim at the crotch because the 'pull' stops after rising a couple inches.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

three games, three drops

just let me make my loving space explosions

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
PS4 pubbies fuckin' love to kick me on wave 6 because i won't sit in the back and i actually go do the objectives

seriously, i wish i had written their drat names down.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Have pubs still not loving twigged that if you do not do the loving objective you do not loving get paid by now? Jesus christ

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

I think I see your problem.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The only thing I can think of is that pubbies maybe are trying to farm XP by letting the objective timer wind down and they were mad that I did Devices in like 30 seconds flat.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Welp, I joined a multiplayer gold game lobby on PC today and as soon as the game started it was wave 7 and we all instantly extracted.

I thought it was a fluke, but then everyone readied up and it happened again, instantly everyone extract. Confirmed cheating for credits farming.

Britva Cutter
Jul 9, 2006

No, I'm in touch with humanity.
Has there been any word if we'll get new DLCs like ME3? Putting the developers on support makes me think not, but EA loves microtransactions and that's the best way to ensure more microtransactions.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
It's what they promised us many aeons ago, but who knows what's going on now?

Also, with the Cyclone buff, I feel so vindicated. I had been using the drat thing for ages, even when it was a 'mediocre-at-best' weapon and now I feel like my loyalty has been rewarded.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Zakmonster posted:

It's what they promised us many aeons ago, but who knows what's going on now?

Also, with the Cyclone buff, I feel so vindicated. I had been using the drat thing for ages, even when it was a 'mediocre-at-best' weapon and now I feel like my loyalty has been rewarded.

They also said long ago that the item shop would let you buy individual weapons on a rotating stock, specifically mentioning the Black Widow, but then they probably realized that if you let people actually get what they want then you won't have Redditors dropping $1500 on IAP. So I don't know if you can trust anything they would have promised pre-release.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/mass-effect-andromeda/mass-effect-andromeda-multiplayer-changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Thor-Stryker posted:

It's ok at X if you spec a Turian soldier for accuracy and use an ammo mod. Eventually, it gets to the point where you can use it as a mid-range rifle and just aim at the crotch because the 'pull' stops after rising a couple inches.

That's a lotta investment in a crap gun though.

• Locked thread