Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Yeah that won't stand up in court.

Also thanks for the thread title change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Well I appreciate all the responses and I do have Netflix again so I'll look into the documentary. Thanks everyone.

JosefStalinator posted:

Everyone already kinda dog-piled on your question but yeah, there's a strong anti-government common thread between kooky christian cults and white supremacists. McVeigh and other terrorists explicitly invoke both Christianity and White Supremacy when they kill people.

EDIT: Also, look up "The Turner Diaries"

I've heard of The Turner Diaries and their contents. I have done a bit of research on white supremacy, mainly consisting of Wikipedia and YouTube, though. This guy made some nice videos that I show people who need to know what the Alt-Right is all about.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSQHoO6ByppH6Ldr0pdytFA/videos

Julio Cruz posted:

Pretty consistent, yeah. This is from 1964:

Conservatism = Racism all over the world it seems.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I can't get the page to load, what's the name of the documentary?

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

hanales posted:

Alright this kind of makes me angry.

https://www.facebook.com/berkeleybreathed/photos/a.114529165244512.10815.108793262484769/1577899202240827/?type=3&theater

If the image embed doesn't work, it appears Trump has sent his lawyers after Berkely Breathed for "unauthorized use of his image".

What the gently caress?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Liberal hero Zuckerberg sure working hard on piercing that RWM bubble.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

RandomPauI posted:

I can't get the page to load, what's the name of the documentary?

Oklahoma City

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Anyone that wants to phonebook for Quist should go here. https://go.ourrevolution.com/page/content/phonebank/

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Julio Cruz posted:

Pretty consistent, yeah. This is from 1964:

That's the sanitized version, The actual version was "If you want a friend of the family for a neighbor vote Labor."

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Who brought that to Trump's attention? And that inclusion, lol

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

hanales posted:

https://www.facebook.com/berkeleybreathed/photos/a.114529165244512.10815.108793262484769/1577899202240827/?type=3&theater

If the image embed doesn't work, it appears Trump has sent his lawyers after Berkely Breathed for "unauthorized use of his image".

This is incredibly fake are you all stupid or something.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

lol yeah, I was gonna say. you think an actual c&d would threaten to "have your rear end in a sling by lunch"?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I need montana results! Are there exit polls?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

I need montana results! Are there exit polls?

Not until 10 est last I recall.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/867856259604766721
Part of me hopes for sanity, but I know I'm gonna wake up one morning to "In a landmark 5-4 decision..."

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

lol yeah, I was gonna say. you think an actual c&d would threaten to "have your rear end in a sling by lunch"?

From President Donald Trump? Yeah

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

hanales posted:

How could he possibly retain the rights to his image as a public figure?

Spaced God posted:

Part of me hopes for sanity, but I know I'm gonna wake up one morning to "In a landmark 5-4 decision..."

Maybe they'll decline to hear it at all.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Don't worry, everyone will fall back on the classic "I could believe it so it might as well be real"

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
There should be some rule you have to have had run a city or a county or something before you're permitted to run for president....

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Glazier posted:

That's the sanitized version, The actual version was "If you want a friend of the family for a neighbor vote Labor."

That was used as a slogan in several elections around that time but never on a poster AFAIK (certainly I've never seen one and Google can't find one either).

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Mahoning posted:

White nationalists and militia types viewed it as big government (specifically the ATF) coming to get the guns from the Branch Davidians. In fact, weapons are what brought the compound to the ATF's attention initially.

The Ruby Ridge incident set the stage. Randy Weaver talking about the FBI shooting his dog and his wife over minor firearms charges made a lot people view the Waco siege as the same kind of gently caress up. It didn't help that Koresh was perfectly happy martyring himself and everybody in the compound with him.

Odd little bit of trivia, in the 90s Art Bell was the conspiracy headquarters on the radio and the callers on his show talked a lot about Ruby Ridge, Waco, and black helicopter bullshit. Right up until the OKC bombing, at which point the show moved it's focus to aliens and psychics.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Tatsuta Age posted:

From President Donald Trump? Yeah

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spaced God posted:

I forget, who is the ghouliest (most racist) of them all? Sessions or Gorsuch?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Uh, Sessions. Gorsuch is just your average conservative justice

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Sessions is the guy who joked about liking the KKK until he found out they were okay with weed.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

hanales posted:

I'm pretty sure "President Trump sues Berkely Breathed" was an actual story in Bloom County.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

hanales posted:

Sounds from the letter that Breathed was selling shirts advertised with photoshops of the Trump family wearing the shirts. Not that he's got a C&D over illustrating Trump's likeness.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Gorsuch is just a bit of a generic conservative. I'm not convinced that Sessions isn't a lich with a confederate flag as a phylactery.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Ah, it is fake, apparently the signature is wrong.

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

As a Kentuckian this really struck a chord with me.

Time for Donald Trump to close, sell or restructure Kentucky

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/05/25/donald-trump-should-close-sell-states-like-kentucky-column/101989780/

At first, I was mad but then again I kind of agree with him on certain points.

quote:

Kentucky’s not only an economic loser, its leading representatives in Washington are disruptive and arrogant.

Well this is certainly true. McConnell and Rand Paul are really lovely.

I've been thinking about who I would want Trump to sell Kentucky to and I think I've decided on Ali Baba. A Chinese company with an Arabic name would really piss everyone in this state off.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

mango sentinel posted:

Sounds from the letter that Breathed was selling shirts advertised with photoshops of the Trump family wearing the shirts. Not that he's got a C&D over illustrating Trump's likeness.

Good luck even getting that to stand up in a court, I imagine.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

That's also very much not how a scanned piece of paper looks.

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

Isn't this like the third prosecutor/judge to be found dead recently? Including the USA's first Muslim judge? :tinfoil:

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Donald Trump during a meeting with EU leaders posted:

The Germans are evil, very evil. Look at the millions of cars they're selling in the USA. Terrible. We'll put a stop to that.

OK, Donald. I am not sure that's how it works, but go ahead.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Yellow Ant posted:

Isn't this like the third prosecutor/judge to be found dead recently? Including the USA's first Muslim judge? :tinfoil:

The dude was part of major crimes prosecution. He probably had active death threats against him regularly.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Ah, it is fake, apparently the signature is wrong.

Still funny though!

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Jack's Flow posted:

OK, Donald. I am not sure that's how it works, but go ahead.

Well, he's made no secret that he sees trade deficits as a bad economic thing, because ???????????????

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Well, he's made no secret that he sees trade deficits as a bad economic thing, because ???????????????
I have a HUGE trade deficit with the grocery store down the street and those BASTARDS won't let up :argh:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Skippy Granola posted:

Still funny though!

Something needs to get us through to 10pm! (I totally was fooled by it though).

Here's the offending image btw.

https://twitter.com/jeffpetersla/status/867858819510001665

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Sublimer posted:

As a Kentuckian this really struck a chord with me.

Time for Donald Trump to close, sell or restructure Kentucky

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/05/25/donald-trump-should-close-sell-states-like-kentucky-column/101989780/

At first, I was mad but then again I kind of agree with him on certain points.

Well this is certainly true. McConnell and Rand Paul are really lovely.

I've been thinking about who I would want Trump to sell Kentucky to and I think I've decided on Ali Baba. A Chinese company with an Arabic name would really piss everyone in this state off.

So loving glad I got out of that shitholler.

For shits and giggles look at Bagdad [sic] Kentucky. First you think, wow, they named it after the city in Iraq? Right? They have London, Versailles, and Paris as cities in the state after all. Nope, it's far more dumb...

quote:

According to one account, the station was named "Daddy's Bag", after a colorful railroad worker who lived there, which was eventually shortened to "Bagdad". Another account suggests that a person with a speech impediment named it "Granddad".[1] Yet another story has it that the young speech-impaired son of a local feed merchant, whenever a customer walked into the door, would holler to his father, "Bag, dad!".

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Lote posted:

I was 7 when Waco happened and looking back it's my first political memory. Coverage of it was on more than cartoons. Also no one had cable back then. The main sources of news were newspapers and local TV news. There wasn't this constant barrage of news 24/7.

What? Plenty of people had cable in 1993. We're not talking about the 70's or early 80's and there were 24 hour news networks. The only major thing lacking was easy access to the Internet. It was either 1993 or 1994 when The Simpsons first mentioned the Internet on TV and 94/95 is when it really started taking off for home use.

• Locked thread