Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

I keep seeing people say that you get WaPost free if you have Amazon Prime. How do you get it for free? I see that you can link accounts and sign in with Amazon, but WaPost keeps redirecting me to buy either the National or the Regional newspaper, for $0.99 and then $9.99 after that.

Aw gently caress, page sniped. Well here's a cute dumb looking dog for this dumb question. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tatsuta Age posted:

Pretty cool that, someday in the maybe not so far future, a female journalist will be raped and killed by a Republican congressman, have it caught on audio/film, and then we'll all read how deeply troubled everyone is by it alongside thought pieces about how it was her own fault for dressing that way and asking those questions

Joe Scarborough (allegedly) murdered an intern and left her corpse in his office and the only punishment he got was an eternity of hosting a morning show with Mika Brzezinski.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Tatsuta Age posted:

Pretty cool that, someday in the maybe not so far future, a female journalist will be raped and killed by a Republican congressman, have it caught on audio/film, and then we'll all read how deeply troubled everyone is by it alongside thought pieces about how it was her own fault for dressing that way and asking those questions

Well liberals, women, reporters, and especially liberal women reporters all got their rights stripped away in 2021 so she should be honored to have the life lovingly strangled out of her as someone looked into her eyes instead of just methodically slaughtered like the rest of her kind.

Anyways if the Dems were smart they would like quadruple down on the "Actually violence is bad" aspect, but the dems are dems and here we are.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/867868355272757248

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jared-kushner-now-under-fbi-scrutiny-russia-probe-say-officials-n764826?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

NBC News reporting that Kushner is under FBI scrutiny. This was bounced around last week but this is the first american news org to put it out there, I think.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
Holy poo poo my mom just texted me, her sister / my aunt went to school & graduated with Quist. I just looked him up and he was born in the same small rear end town that my mom's family is from.

That explains why said aunt has been a complete firebrand on facebook comment threads the past weeks and especially last night. I feel dumb for not noticing that earlier

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This is the most Texas thing I've seen all year

https://twitter.com/nickpwing/status/867857557964169216

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

empty whippet box posted:

Republicans are signaling to each other - electorate and elected officials - that they're all ok with violence. That's literally what's happening. I expect there to be a lot more and it will get a lot worse and this will be the tipping point where it starts.

Democrats need to be ready to respond with overwhelming violence in response.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
has the guardian signaled what legal action it might take, since jacobs was at work when this happened?

Young Hegelian
Aug 27, 2012

Rigel posted:

If you gave the feral dogs jet packs and lances I'd quit my job and just watch this TV show.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Teddybear posted:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jared-kushner-now-under-fbi-scrutiny-russia-probe-say-officials-n764826?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

NBC News reporting that Kushner is under FBI scrutiny. This was bounced around last week but this is the first american news org to put it out there, I think.

Also reported by WaPo https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a4a8_story.html

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

A perfect microcosm of how deeply tribalism has rooted itself in the American political arena. I hope Democratic leaders remember this the next time they take control of the government, because there is literally no compromise to be found with these lunatics.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Rigel posted:

They had to pass that, the helicopters that were previously used for hunting were scaring the hogs away.

Also it is a whole lot better than the warfarin laced poison they were planning on using. The poison came with the requirement that the corpses had to be buried 20 feet underground to prevent it from making it into the food chain.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Young Hegelian posted:

If you gave the feral dogs jet packs and lances I'd quit my job and just watch this TV show.

Pigs, not dogs. Pigs are a big problem in Texas. There was a thread a while back in Ask/Tell about a crazy fucker who hunted them with thermal camera equipped remote model airplanes and steel spears.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Texas approves feral hog, hunting by hot air balloon

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Mystic Mongol posted:

Pigs, not dogs. Pigs are a big problem in Texas. There was a thread a while back in Ask/Tell about a crazy fucker who hunted them with thermal camera equipped remote model airplanes and steel spears.

Are they javelinas? Those things will gently caress you up

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

skylined! posted:

has the guardian signaled what legal action it might take, since jacobs was at work when this happened?

You don't want to do that till the criminal case is resolved, generally.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's going to be really hosed up when the crime is pedophilia and the rest of the GOP is deeply troubled but still supports their candidate. There's really no ethical boundary they won't cross at this point if it means they get five more minutes in power.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Don't think this will surprise anyone, but it's Jared.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a4a8_story.html

Investigators are focusing on a series of meetings held by Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and an influential White House adviser, as part of their probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and related matters, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Kushner, who held meetings in December with the Russian ambassador and a banker from Moscow , is being investigated because of the extent and nature of his interactions with the Russians, the people said.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

TyrantWD posted:

Democrats need to be ready to respond with overwhelming violence in response.

Hitler said the only thing that could've stopped the rise of fascism was violence.

Democrats are liberals, though, not lefties. They'll continue to demur about possibly contributing to the negative political climate all while they're literally marched into gas chambers.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Zil posted:

They had to pass that, the helicopters that were previously used for hunting were scaring the hogs away.

Also it is a whole lot better than the warfarin laced poison they were planning on using. The poison came with the requirement that the corpses had to be buried 20 feet underground to prevent it from making it into the food chain.

Even better is that the state rep who was told about this by a concerned farmer suggested the solution was to change the poison's warning label.

Living in this state is knowing that a catastrophe is just around the corner because your representative have maggots for brains.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Majorian posted:

A perfect microcosm of how deeply tribalism has rooted itself in the American political arena. I hope Democratic leaders remember this the next time they take control of the government, because there is literally no compromise to be found with these lunatics.

Ah come on man, don't be so melodramatic. They love compromise, see, the deal is if you're a person of color, or gay, or a woman, then they'll always be willing to have you kill your self in exchange for them taking away all your money and personal belongings. See? Compromise!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Radish posted:

It's going to be really hosed up when the crime is pedophilia and the rest of the GOP is deeply troubled but still supports their candidate. There's really no ethical boundary they won't cross at this point if it means they get five more minutes in power.

I mean other than being dropped from those speaking arrangements has any GOP folks ever come out as actually against Milo's poo poo, or were they just tactfully silent?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Bhaal posted:

Holy poo poo my mom just texted me, her sister / my aunt went to school & graduated with Quist. I just looked him up and he was born in the same small rear end town that my mom's family is from.

That explains why said aunt has been a complete firebrand on facebook comment threads the past weeks and especially last night. I feel dumb for not noticing that earlier

All politics is local

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I keep seeing people say that you get WaPost free if you have Amazon Prime. How do you get it for free? I see that you can link accounts and sign in with Amazon, but WaPost keeps redirecting me to buy either the National or the Regional newspaper, for $0.99 and then $9.99 after that.

Aw gently caress, page sniped. Well here's a cute dumb looking dog for this dumb question. :)

Is this the link you're using? https://subscribe.washingtonpost.com/prime/

Young Hegelian
Aug 27, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

I ragret nothing.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Spaced God posted:

I mean other than being dropped from those speaking arrangements has any GOP folks ever come out as actually against Milo's poo poo, or were they just tactfully silent?

They were cool with it up until one conservative group got sick of him and releaked that he had that creepy poo poo in his past. Then suddenly they found their consciences. If it had just been on the downlow and only non-conservatives were calling attention to it there would have been no issues whatsoever.

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe
http://uproxx.com/news/trump-berkeley-breathed-cease-and-desist/

So is this legit?

quote:

To use language you might understand (per my client’s wishes) we will “have your [redacted] in a sling by lunch.”

Is it legal for the president of the united states to physically threaten people via a lawyer?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

So is this legit?

Is it legal for the president of the united states to physically threaten people via a lawyer?

No.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Propaganda Hour posted:

All politics is local
Cut Bank, MT is a great example of a dying rural town. It had an oil boom a long time ago and by the time my mom was coming of age that industry was already on the decline, and now it's long gone. I remember around ~1990 we were visiting and everyone there was really excited & a little proud because a McDonalds decided to open a shop there. They closed it out due to slow business a handful of years later.

My mom visited there last year and she didn't like to linger on describing how empty and quiet it was because it made her so sad to see the environment of her youth turned into that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

So is this legit?

Oh FFS

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i hope that in my next life, if there's a garbage earth still around, i get reborn as a rich white republican dude.

i'll just body slam people with impunity while singing the "COME ON AND SLAM! AND WELCOME TO THE JAM!" part from the space jam theme and the GOP'll just be like "These developments are disturbing..." and then rule like a loving god

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Rigel posted:

Feral piggies are a goddamn menace and lighter than air vehicles own / have excellent loiter capability.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Did any mountains East Coast today?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Are wild hogs really that large of a problem? What are they doing, tearing up crops?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Feral piggies are a goddamn menace and lighter than air vehicles own / have excellent loiter capability.

It only takes on wrong shot, you know.

It shall be within our lifetimes that we witness the beginning of the Balloon Wars.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

Hitler said the only thing that could've stopped the rise of fascism was violence.

Democrats are liberals, though, not lefties. They'll continue to demur about possibly contributing to the negative political climate all while they're literally marched into gas chambers.

That Hitler quote has been brought up a few times. I think ol' Adolf overhyped himself just a tad. The Interwar period was crazy town and there was nothing inevitable about the Nazis coming to power.

Plus there kinda were a lot of actual Leftists brawling wtih the Rightists. I thought the Nazis got into power because the Conservatives thought they could control him and rein him in.

Although I remember someone posting that German article about how they can temper the Nazis. It did sound eerily similar to some things people said when Trump was elected.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

GreyjoyBastard posted:

There was also talk to allow kegs to be taken up in the balloons, so that should generate some interesting headlines.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Tayter Swift posted:

Don't think this will surprise anyone, but it's Jared.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a4a8_story.html

Investigators are focusing on a series of meetings held by Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and an influential White House adviser, as part of their probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and related matters, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Kushner, who held meetings in December with the Russian ambassador and a banker from Moscow , is being investigated because of the extent and nature of his interactions with the Russians, the people said.

I don't want to get too tinfoil but it is the whole RNC. Kislyak was the éminence grise at Cleveland, there's dirty money all over the PACs, people are quiting and recusing left and right. Not Rubio or Paul or even Gowdy but more than just Trump campaign people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Zil posted:

There was also talk to allow kegs to be taken up in the balloons, so that should generate some interesting headlines.

Oh. Oh dear.

• Locked thread