Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

DW isn't bad when he's not in his TV character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I understand the logic behind having the race in Vegas so you don't need to travel for the awards banquet the next day, but ehhhhh...

Pruning the races is a good idea. Get rid of repeats first, then use the bidding process to determine who gets a repeat.

And I've grown to like stages. The format needs tweaking, but it does do something that NASCAR needed to do: make the middle of races worth something and worth watching.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Vegas is an awful track, I'd rather not see the last race of the season there.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
I could go either way on a shorter season, but at the very least, wipe out most or all of the repeat tracks, bring in some new ones. Preferably actual road courses (Montreal was always great)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Kenny Wallace also made very intelligent points the other night on SiriusXM about giving more control over car setups (spoiler adjustments mainly, with each team working on the tradeoff between straightaway speed and cornering) and how NASCAR is teetering precariously close to being IROC after Jimmiebot said the same thing following the All-Star Race.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

i liked some of his points a lot and some less so, but i unjokingly think all of them are better than the things NASCAR has actually been doing lately

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Cygni posted:

i liked some of his points a lot and some less so, but i unjokingly think all of them are better than the things NASCAR has actually been doing lately

Hiring a guy to stand at the gate and slap ticket holders in the face with a dildo is a better idea than "the things NASCAR has actually been doing lately".

Waltrip didn't come up with anything that hasn't been said by literally everyone outside of the sanctioning body for the last 20 years.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

He should replace one of his 4 suggestions with "remove all Waltrips from NASCAR television coverage".

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Less power
Bigger aero
More digger
More Waltrips

Make NASCAR great again

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Less power
Bigger aero
More digger
More Waltrips

Make NASCAR great again

We found Brian France's SA account!

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Genocide Tendency posted:

Hiring a guy to stand at the gate and slap ticket holders in the face with a dildo is a better idea than "the things NASCAR has actually been doing lately".

Borat's rear end in a top hat neighbor could use the work.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Genocide Tendency posted:

Brought to you by The Official Female Sex Toy or Accessory of NASCAR.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Las Vegas would be a better race than Homestead because Homestead is loving horrible and at least ending the season on a cookie-cutter makes sense. Also that poo poo about "bidding" for dates, he does realize that 30+ races on the schedule are owned by 2 people right?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Bulldoze Atlanta. Rebuild old Atlanta. Have finale there.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Less power
Bigger aero
More digger
More Waltrips

Make NASCAR great again

What the gently caress

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
DW sort of Hints at it, but it's the corporate interests that are destroying NASCAR. Sponsors that demand milktoast drivers just destroy any rivalries. The people in charge care more about their stockholders than they do about racing.

Meanwhile, I have yet to sit though an entire race this season (unless I fall asleep) because clean air is king.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

DW sort of Hints at it, but it's the corporate interests that are destroying NASCAR. Sponsors that demand milktoast drivers just destroy any rivalries. The people in charge care more about their stockholders than they do about racing.

Meanwhile, I have yet to sit though an entire race this season (unless I fall asleep) because clean air is king.

I can't blame them. NASCAR struggles to find a middle ground between "no personality" and "violent, childish piece of poo poo." You've got Dale Jr, and

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I actually like the new crop of rookies like Chase, Ryan Blaney, and especially Larson.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
NASCAR has a marketing problem in addition to having a racing problem. The fix to both involves terminating the France bloodline

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I like Ryan Blaney entirely becuse of his podcast.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

I can't blame them. NASCAR struggles to find a middle ground between "no personality" and "violent, childish piece of poo poo." You've got Dale Jr, and

Spencer Gallagher!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I actually like the new crop of rookies like Chase, Ryan Blaney, and especially Larson.

I like those guys too but they're way too new to support NASCAR's marketing. Especially when they still have to go through enormous douchnozzles like Kyle and Kenseth to win races.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kyle Bush is cancer in a racecar

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Let's have him and sage race against each other

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I haven't seen the whole context, but I'm assuming this refers to the Charlotte road course:

https://twitter.com/tomjensen100/status/867835858572812288

:allears:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

wicka posted:

I love it that in the article DW owned you before you even made this post.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

gret posted:

Spencer Gallagher!

Who? I've never seen that name on a tshirt.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Charlotte could have an amazing road course if they'd just nut up and do laps on 277.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Peanut President posted:

I love it that in the article DW owned you before you even made this post.

Playing the villain is entirely different than being genuinely such a piece of poo poo that you're like wrecking people on pit road after the race. Next time Kyle cries and wrecks somebody I sincerely hope it backfires and injures him badly enough to end his career but otherwise have a normal life.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Norns posted:

A modern series on the Monza roval would make me the happiest man alive. I will never be happy.

The Monza oval was a death trap when it was brand new and sitting neglected for 50 years has not helped any.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

CBJSprague24 posted:

I haven't seen the whole context, but I'm assuming this refers to the Charlotte road course:

https://twitter.com/tomjensen100/status/867835858572812288

:allears:

I want Jr to go full Smokey. Interview, book, whatever I want to see their most popular driver to crush their ego.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I really hope that not-racing Junyer tells all the truth about how bad NASCAR sucks, because even in retirement NASCAR couldn't do poo poo-all. It would be glorious. :toot:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Make Dale the CEO thanks

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Anime Reference posted:

The Monza oval was a death trap when it was brand new and sitting neglected for 50 years has not helped any.

iRacing did NASCAR on the oval, no plates. Handling had all the guidance of an RPG. It was a blast.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Slickdrac posted:

iRacing did NASCAR on the oval, no plates. Handling had all the guidance of an RPG. It was a blast.

I see what you did there.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

iospace posted:

I understand the logic behind having the race in Vegas so you don't need to travel for the awards banquet the next day, but ehhhhh...

Pruning the races is a good idea. Get rid of repeats first, then use the bidding process to determine who gets a repeat.

And I've grown to like stages. The format needs tweaking, but it does do something that NASCAR needed to do: make the middle of races worth something and worth watching.

I made my peace with stages to a degree when I realised what they essentially were was just an implementation of a BTCC style multiple races in a day format just with less of a break.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I just accidentally completely threw shade at Austin Cindric. To his face.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

devmd01 posted:

I just accidentally completely threw shade at Austin Cindric. To his face.

Do explain :allears:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

wicka posted:

Playing the villain is entirely different than being genuinely such a piece of poo poo that you're like wrecking people on pit road after the race. Next time Kyle cries and wrecks somebody I sincerely hope it backfires and injures him badly enough to end his career but otherwise have a normal life.

Please go on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

wicka posted:

hey look wicka made a bad post

again

• Locked thread