Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

If only it was in the other DB.

My first major problem with split DBs was I couldn't recreate The Final Countdown with a Kirov.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Dreamsicle posted:

If only it was in the other DB.

also the issue where it needs two kilometers of runway to takeoff

and more than that to land

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Sell the planes (all of them, literally all of them. Use the proceeds to buy an Iowa BB)

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

UberJew posted:

also the issue where it needs two kilometers of runway to takeoff

and more than that to land

TBF, B-52s are modeled like that too.

https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=1000071

https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=4118

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

i've also argued against anybody asking for a b-52 on the same grounds :ssh:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Lets buy some iskanders and a s400/ground radar.

Multi domain warfare! Its the hottest thing right now!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

The Balkan campaign might have VIP extraction. Still think we need a proper plane for that. Buy a V-22. Nothing can go wrong there.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Loel posted:

Lets buy some iskanders and a s400/ground radar.

Multi domain warfare! Its the hottest thing right now!

Do you have Iskanders on our wishlist yet?

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Bering Sea Only area letting me war crimes.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

koolkevz666 posted:

Bering Sea Only area letting me war crimes.

Yeah but there's a bunch of pansy liberals* in here who don't want to work with the Nuge so that's a wash.

*you're all still my goonbros :love:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Hexenritter posted:

Do you have Iskanders on our wishlist yet?

Psh. First thing on it.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
I just got my sexy French fighter (whom I have named Marianne), and you want me to give her away?

No on selling, yes on circus

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Loel posted:

Psh. First thing on it.

That's right, I vaguely remember us salivating over erectors :quagmire: a while back

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Olothreutes posted:

The Balkan campaign might have VIP extraction. Still think we need a proper plane for that. Buy a V-22. Nothing can go wrong there.9

Two V22s could be a good investment. Or an MH53.

Edit lol nm V22 is 70 million a pop.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 26, 2017

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Hexenritter posted:

Yeah but there's a bunch of pansy liberals* in here who don't want to work with the Nuge so that's a wash.

Ah but Nuge or no Nuge I can still try my war crimes, if we go to the Balkans they got some namby pamby don't hurt civilians rule and want everything to be nice and fair if back stabby. I'm an equal opportunist war crimes man. Everyone gets the war crime equally, its the only true fair way.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Hexenritter posted:

You say that like we wouldn't be willing to commit warcrimes against Ted Nugent. :black101:

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's strange that Balkans are region with less war crimes and more civility in warfare than Bering Sea. Come on, war crimes are our national sport.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

The Sandman posted:

You say that like we wouldn't be willing to commit warcrimes against Ted Nugent. :black101:

Dropping ordinance on Ted Nugent is an inherently moral action.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

The Sandman posted:

I'm pretty sure by 2023, the Geneva Convention was amended so any military action against Ted Nugent is legal including cluster bombs, napalm and whatnot.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

:swoon::swoon::swoon:
HNNNGGGG
:gizz:

I still remember the first time I saw an XB-70. I thought it was fake, because no bomber could ever be that cool. I was so happy to be wrong. :allears:

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Is there any reason why everything isn't in a single database anyway? Are they operating on different numeric scales?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

power crystals posted:

Is there any reason why everything isn't in a single database anyway? Are they operating on different numeric scales?

I think it might be a holdover from Harpoon where there were 4 seperate databases.

Fake Edit: I found this answer from the devs that also explains it. http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=2920#1105

Specifically

CMANO Mega Faq posted:

Also, ne mother of a database from 1946 to near future is too big for one guy so Paul Bridge cover the 1946-1979 time frame and Ragnar Emsoy covers from 1980 onwards. Mike is working on both databases and is the land combat element expert.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Dreamsicle posted:

I think it might be a holdover from Harpoon where there were 4 seperate databases.

Fake Edit: I found this answer from the devs that also explains it. http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=2920#1105

Specifically

That makes some sense, but I don't get why they don't just merge them together on publish. I guess their development workflow doesn't support that. Scenarios using the DB checksums is also an interesting point that actually gives them a half-decent reason to try to keep them not editable by end users even if I still disagree with that on principle.

Oh and this points out that the Iowas are in the modern DB. Team Boat, you know what you must do.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

power crystals posted:

That makes some sense, but I don't get why they don't just merge them together on publish. I guess their development workflow doesn't support that. Scenarios using the DB checksums is also an interesting point that actually gives them a half-decent reason to try to keep them not editable by end users even if I still disagree with that on principle.

Oh and this points out that the Iowas are in the modern DB. Team Boat, you know what you must do.

Because it's easy to add sensors and weapons to ships, we should make it a project ship as well. Save money to add AEGIS and VLS (only for air defense)

HMS Warspite is also modeled as well. Well in the pre 1980 database but still. Pretty surprised Gangut is modeled. It apparently has radars as well. None of which are the Type 279 that it actually got.

Bismarck and Yamato are still not modeled though.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hmm, I wonder if we can buy any museum stock for parts. Like either buy plane parts from museums or literally invest in them so we can raid planes for parts.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
In 2023, the magic of 3D printers enables us to manufacture any spare part from the wreckage of our enemies.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

power crystals posted:

have a turret explode due to age and poor maintenance and blame it on 'the gays'?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Blame that explosion on a Swedish engineer?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

Blame that explosion on a Swedish engineer?

We blame it on a Ted Nugent fan.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Replace the main battery with railguns, problem solved.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just to be clear, is the Nugent fan line also a reference? Blame the gay was 1980s and blame the foreigner was 1850s. That guy would go on to create the Monitor/rotating gun turrets.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

RandomPauI posted:

Just to be clear, is the Nugent fan line also a reference? Blame the gay was 1980s and blame the foreigner was 1850s. That guy would go on to create the Monitor/rotating gun turrets.

Oh no, it's just about the current campaign. I knew about blame the gay, not the foreigner though.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

SK60B's are gone to the circus. Everything else remains.

Get your rain jackets ready ladies and gentleman, we're headed to the Bering Sea.

But before we go we need to decide who exactly to work for. Each particular employer offers advantages, and disadvantages.

Mitsuhashi

The Japanese conglomerate has operations on the Russian side of the Bering strait. The airfields, at first simple and utilitarian, are now fairly well appointed. Intel shows new radar systems going into action after the EMP smoked them all. The massive processing ships are still being worked, it's a race against the clock, as tides and waves batter the mechanical monsters. The fragile automated ships are fried from front to back. Now Mitsuhashi is oddly reliant on hundreds of small fishing boats (~50m) to bring, and transport the catch to canneries along the coast.

Still prideful. Still on top of the high mountain. To them we are but servants, to be told what to do, and paid accordingly. Our services will be used to protect the repair operations, strike land targets, and patrol the seas for incoming threats. They cannot suffer another event like the EMP.

Iceberg

These Alaskans are struggling to stay relevant. Congress says the Bering Sea is theres but the WTO says it's not. The UN has bigger poo poo to worry about than some idiot fisherman. They hired a mixed bag of retired Texas National Guard mercs to cover the airspace but the F-16's broke the gently caress down. The Texans couldn't handle the cold, the rain, the unbelievably lovely weather. So Iceberg ceded fishing rights to half the Bering Sea.

It was on there watch that the EMP went off. Mitsuhashi sees it as a breach of contract and is going in for blood. About that time Iceberg sold a bunch of shares to the Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent. It's undecided how much the Nuge is doing in regards to operations but it's been reported that his entourage, staff of masseuses, handgun collection curators, and stylist, have all passed through Anchorage.

They need some changes and fast. They have a small, fast, navy and require cover for it. In addition they need to knock down the Mitsuhashi air mercs. But beyond that they have to invade and knock out those canneries.

Bering Straits Native Corp

POOR IMPULSE CONTROL

Have you ever done something out of anger and then kind of regretted it? Yah, that's the Bering Straits Native Corp. They kind of didn't expect the kayakers they sent to wipe out a few hundred people who stunk of patchouli. But, hey, it happened. So, being the sharp folks they are, they decided to roll with it. Factions have emerged in favor of this course and the elders are going to run with it.

The one thing the BSNC has done right is hire lobbyists. Good ones. Our man Jack says that BSNC has some of the best lobbyists in the world and are aggressively working to get Iceberg pushed the gently caress out. The problem is Iceberg has both star power and profit power. Knock those down and they can go after the big fish, Mitsuhashi. For them the end game is a Bering Straits that is native controlled.

On the downside they lack the budgets of the others so the payouts are lower as are the destructobux. On the plus side we get military control to decide how, and where, to strike. There's no fishing boats to protect. No infrastructure to coddle. It's all about the POOR IMPULSE CONTROL.

*If you've never read Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson then the phrase POOR IMPULSE CONTROL won't mean much to you. So pick it up and enjoy it, the story is pretty good. Imagine the world that Hayard Gunnes exists in but in like 50 years.

24 Hours until vote closed then we pick an operative and discuss our first...

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Mitsuhashi

Biggest payout, we're upholding international law and we're not a charity, we're a business.

OH, AND FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO WANT A BOTE, WE NEED MONEY TO DO IT AND LOTS OF MONEY

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Native Corporation

:frogout:

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Native Corporation or nothing.

I am loving HYPED for Thunderdome

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Natives

Well, at least they feel bad about massacring AngerPEACE. Maybe they can become the spiritual successor. Also, we have very POOR IMPULSE CONTROL, they're a perfect match for us.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

E: Double post

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 26, 2017

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Mitsuhashi

Why you may ask? Simple, with Japan, we have access to a fine selection of botes, a cool assortment of airplanes (we could get a Wedgetail of our own, or a Kawasaki P-1, a suped up version of our Alatique). Plus we can make tons of Nuyen here people, if this is the Shadowrun future we need all the Japanese money we can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

Native Corporation

Gonna git that oil.

orcbuster fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 26, 2017