Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Are wild hogs really that large of a problem? What are they doing, tearing up crops?

Boars are no joke. They'll eat you if they are able to take out your tendons and then go for your throat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Zil posted:

There was also talk to allow kegs to be taken up in the balloons, so that should generate some interesting headlines.

I'm not from Texas, but real talk this sounds fun as all hell and I would gladly participate.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Crabtree posted:

Boars are no joke. They'll eat you if they are able to take out your tendons and then go for your throat.

Yeah but how often is that happening? Are there roving bands of wild hogs terrorizing small frontier towns in Texas?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Office Pig posted:

It only takes on wrong shot, you know.

It shall be within our lifetimes that we witness the beginning of the Balloon Wars.

I suspect you may have an ulterior motive for denigrating swine-hunting methods.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Are wild hogs really that large of a problem? What are they doing, tearing up crops?

Wild hogs are about the size of a Volvo. An infestation of them is not good news.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Wild hogs are about the size of a Volvo. An infestation of them is not good news.
Yeah a lot of people don't realize just how goddamn huge hogs get.

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe
Why is Kentucky so drat poor if it has so much local industry and tourism?

I mean there's nowhere else in the US that has some of the most famous liquor, the worlds most famous horse race, the worlds biggest cave, and the appalachian mountains.

Isn't dollywood there too?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah but how often is that happening? Are there roving bands of wild hogs terrorizing small frontier towns in Texas?

Apparantly yes, and they're omnivorous. So they'll eat everything they can get into their mouth. Crops, pets, people.

http://www.invasivespecies.wa.gov/documents/squealonpigs/FeralHogPopGrowthDensity&HarvestinTX.pdf

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 26, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Mostly they eat crops and incidentally murder people who try to stop them / surprise them in theor lairs / have the audacity to drive on a road they're using.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

http://uproxx.com/news/trump-berkeley-breathed-cease-and-desist/

So is this legit?

Is it legal for the president of the united states to physically threaten people via a lawyer?

Literally Fake news, probably by the guy selling the lovely t-shirts or whatever he is selling.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Pretty much.

e: drat, beaten like a red headed piglet

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I suspect you may have an ulterior motive for denigrating swine-hunting methods.

I want to shoot giant hogs - and hopefully get shot while shooting giant hogs so I never have to worry about getting eaten alive by giant loving hogs.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They're more aggressive than bears, weigh up to 200 lbs, like to live near farms, and kill 4-5 people a year. They have no natural predators and can shrug off even large caliber handgun rounds to the skull. Not the world's greatest menace, but pretty bad.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I can totally see why slamming a reporter is not taboo to a lot of people in America, or anywhere. It's easy to empathize with, he wasn't particularly damaged, and the hate for journalists is very strong. And to top it off Montana is full of wild people I bet

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

Are you sure this isn't just divine retribution?

ISeeCuckedPeople fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 26, 2017

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

I mean there's nowhere else in the US that has some of the most famous liquor, the worlds most famous horse race, the worlds biggest cave, and the appalachian mountains.

Dollywood's in Tennessee. Right near Pigeon Forge, the tackiest most god-awful looking town that I have ever laid eyes on

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

Dollywood is in Tennessee. We do make Corvettes though!

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Kentucky. Fried. Chicken.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

can't fail upwards forever, jared

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/867870051583578113

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Humans seem to have hosed up texas pretty comprehensively, I say give pigs a chance

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

They're more aggressive than bears, weigh up to 200 lbs, like to live near farms, and kill 4-5 people a year. They have no natural predators and can shrug off even large caliber handgun rounds to the skull. Not the world's greatest menace, but pretty bad.

Dang.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ivanka seems to be stretching longer and longer at each photo op.

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

Always knew hogs were evil

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

No Butt Stuff posted:

Ivanka seems to be stretching longer and longer at each photo op.

she touched the Orb

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

They also killed Robert Baratheon and began the terrifying Game of Thrones.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

Humans seem to have hosed up texas pretty comprehensively, I say give pigs a chance

Just what we need, less police oversight.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

There used to be a thread where some crazy goon would chronicle his nocturnal wild pig hunts. If I remember correctly he used only a spear, and he was kind of sadistic about the whole thing.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm fine with antifas and such, but I really wouldn't put too much faith in that statement by Hitler. Hitler is certainly not the premier expert on all matters Hitler, I'd probably give that to Ian Kirshaw. That poo poo comes off as self hype.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I just learned a few days ago that "boar taint" is a real thing and not just some stupid thing someone made up. If you let all your pigs go feral will all turn evil and have meat that smells of poop.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

Usually it is low taxes hampering infrastructure but I don't think KY has unusually low taxes. Maybe it is low population density or an aftereffect of the coal bust? You pointed out that it actually has somewhat of a diverse economy so?????????????????????

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Roving feral murder pigs. I didn't really need another reason to never visit Texas, but here we are.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Here in central Cali at least they are hunt-able all year round with a bow because they destroy farmer's crops and kill wildlife. Better have a sidearm though or a buddy with you with one, I've heard too many stories of the shot not bringing the boar down so it charges the bowhunter and a buddy has to put it down with a .357.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yep. Depending on whose numbers you believe, tens of millions to hundreds of millions of dollars in cumulative damage in Texas alone.

http://wildlife.tamu.edu/wildlifemanagement/feral-hog/

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/can-wild-pigs-ravaging-the-u-s-be-stopped/

Edit: Quoted wrong number

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

There Bias Two posted:

There used to be a thread where some crazy goon would chronicle his nocturnal wild pig hunts. If I remember correctly he used only a spear, and he was kind of sadistic about the whole thing.

That guy was amazing but he got kinda way into spelling out words with stacked pig corpses and stuff

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

if i remember right, releasing feral hogs was one of the ways early settlers attempted to drive off native americans from area, who had no idea what to do with these giant animals that dug up crops, ruined trails, and fearlessly attacked anyone in their way

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Bears, except polar bears, are generally pretty chill as long as they aren't hungry/have cubs nearby/are injured. The big threat from them is that they're big and an animal the size of a microbus can gently caress you up without realizing it.
Boars are just monsters.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

That guy was amazing but he got kinda way into spelling out words with stacked pig corpses and stuff

Another successful Goon Project.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Starmaker posted:

Roving feral murder pigs. I didn't really need another reason to never visit Texas, but here we are.

Pigs with stinky meat, don't forget.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
How could I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

:dunkedon:

• Locked thread