Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I would rather ##crawl had less bot activity if anything, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah I'm not sure I ever understood the value of the bots. There could have been a separate channel for them and it'd have be fine, but did anyone ever chat in there without just muting them?

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

I never really saw people chatting much in there before or after they quietened the bots down. Other than people putting in fooTV requests or weird permutations of sequell's game stats. Webtiles chat seems to be where the actual conversations go off.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah I'm not sure I ever understood the value of the bots. There could have been a separate channel for them and it'd have be fine, but did anyone ever chat in there without just muting them?

Sure! I used to chat in ##crawl fairly often and never muted the bots. They made one feel closer to the other players, and sometimes started a conversation or suggested somebody to watch. Having them in a separate channel is pointless. Granted, as the player volume grows more and more milestones needed to be filtered to keep the channel usable for conversation, which makes having them in there pointless as well :(. This is a contributing factor to my just hanging out in our team channel instead of ##crawl, where we can at least have all our own milestones announced.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

PlasticAutomaton posted:

BaBe Got BaCK

1. SomeoneAwful
2. Haifisch (I think?)
3. LogicNinja (if you want!)
4. Mystery Prize
5. PlasticAutomaton

# TEAMCAPTAIN SomeoneAwful

I'm in. Used to be in a lot before I changed my username.

Got alla y'all and room for one more :getin:

LogicNinja posted:

son of e: why is our team name not "The Boys are BaCK in Town"?

Because the 90s call to me, I guess???

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
The bots were the whole reason to hang out in ##crawl imo. Seeing other people's progress was cool.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Some friends and I who play made our own irc channel where we get all the milestones for our players, so that's pretty cool. It's been pretty dead except for tournament time, but that's fine.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Arivia posted:

The bots were the whole reason to hang out in ##crawl imo. Seeing other people's progress was cool.

##crawlchat would not be a bad thing.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

please make a bot that tweets what items you had in your inventory that would have saved you when you died

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

goatsestretchgoals posted:

##crawlshamechat would not be a bad thing.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Thanks to Floodkiller for updating the OP info to .20!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
tfw you wanted to warm up before the tourny and ended up getting your fastest 15 rune ever as NaFi

recorded everything from tomb onwards if anyone is interested in seeing tomb changes+diesel character rolling over extended
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjaBejJfmgM
I had lair runes+slime rune before starting recording and got all 12 others+ascended in 1:16:12, which I feel is pretty good. had good abyss and pan RNG.

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 26, 2017

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

PlasticAutomaton posted:

BaBe Got BaCK

1. SomeoneAwful
2. Haifisch (I think?)
3. LogicNinja (if you want!)
4. Mystery Prize
5. PlasticAutomaton
6. taqueso

# TEAMCAPTAIN SomeoneAwful

I'll take the last spot if it is still open.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love
Alright guys, time for advice.

I'm a Mummy Wizard of Gozag currently shopping around. I just invited an antique armour shop to open up and... and it had the most unrands I've ever seen in one store.

My question is which is a better choice:

Robe of Vines

OR

Robe of Folly

There's also an artifact thing of acid dragon scales in there that I think I can wear without tanking my casting too badly (unlike Lear's hauberk and Maxwells which are also in the shop).

So what do you think?

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing this has been discussed but..

quote:

* Removed:
- Wands of heal wounds, haste, teleportation, and slowing.

That is a monster, monster nerf to to character power. :getin:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Anyone else getting lag on east coast US

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

It's sorta weird that those existed. If they wanted the player to find 20 uses of heal wounds on the ground, they could have made stacks of 20 heal wounds potions.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It's sorta weird that those existed. If they wanted the player to find 20 uses of heal wounds on the ground, they could have made stacks of 20 heal wounds potions.

That, and the relationship they have with recharge scrolls, where recharge scrolls may as well read, '+3 - 5 heal wounds, hastes, or teleports. Your choice!'

I think if you took stats from my games were I got the 'three good wands' before mid game, you'd probably see my winrate skyrocket when I had all three, versus when I had none.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

No quick win this tournament, splatted to Mara/my illusion in a tab frenzy :smith:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I'm having real trouble getting people to join my team. They do the # TEAMCAPTAIN, I do the # TEAMMEMBERS, but only like half of them are actually shown on my team on the scoring boards (even though I can see their games in progress).

I wonder if it's related to the lag, or because all the people who are having trouble play on berotato.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Prism posted:

I'm having real trouble getting people to join my team. They do the # TEAMCAPTAIN, I do the # TEAMMEMBERS, but only like half of them are actually shown on my team on the scoring boards (even though I can see their games in progress).

I wonder if it's related to the lag, or because all the people who are having trouble play on berotato.

make sure they're putting it on the very first line of the rcfile.

I grabbed the 5th win of the tourny. :smugdog:

Not much to say about it, standard steamrolling antman with some lucky drops.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Don't worry they buffed consumable generation by a whopping 10% to compensate.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

jerkstoresup posted:

make sure they're putting it on the very first line of the rcfile.

I grabbed the 5th win of the tourny. :smugdog:

Not much to say about it, standard steamrolling antman with some lucky drops.

They were. They all got added at once so it apparently just was a cbro update delay.

(Nice start on yours, BTW.)

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

FulsomFrank posted:

Alright guys, time for advice.

I'm a Mummy Wizard of Gozag currently shopping around. I just invited an antique armour shop to open up and... and it had the most unrands I've ever seen in one store.

My question is which is a better choice:

Robe of Vines

OR

Robe of Folly

There's also an artifact thing of acid dragon scales in there that I think I can wear without tanking my casting too badly (unlike Lear's hauberk and Maxwells which are also in the shop).

So what do you think?

Robe of Vines regen is hilariously good on mummy and depending on what else you find you could potentially just keep it on the entire game. You'll want to wear a big shield to compensate for lack of AC, just make sure you can cast stuff (you might as well cast at least level 5-6 spells if you're going to be in robes)

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why

Thalamas posted:

wulfric and I are setting up a team.

code:
Purple For The Win

1. Thalamas
2. wulfric
3. fooot

# TEAMCAPTAIN Thalamas

Yes please.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Hint make sure you run 0.20 and not trunk when playing in the tournament :(

At least it was a trashy Frog Berserker who had lovely stuff

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I admit I haven't played a whole lot in a while but I seem to be getting skills faster than I remember, did that get tweaked at all? 16 M&F, 18 Invocations, 17 Shields, 13 Evocations, 10 Fighting, a few others below that, and I haven't been to Depths yet. (Well I have been, but only one step in to look around and see St. Roka at the entrance.) Two runes now, Swamp and Snake, but I didn't do elf and I didn't do vaults. It just seems pretty fast, even for a minotaur, so I'm wondering if I missed some tweaks.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yo Floodkiller, I have "# TEAMCAPTAIN Floodkiller" in my rcfile but am not yet showing up in the clan?

(Might just be clans taking time to update or w/e)

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

IronicDongz posted:

Yo Floodkiller, I have "# TEAMCAPTAIN Floodkiller" in my rcfile but am not yet showing up in the clan?

Took half my team about three hours to show up today so it's been slow as hell at updating teammates. They were all on berotato; I don't know if that's related.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thalamas posted:

wulfric and I are setting up a team.

code:
Purple For The Win

1. Thalamas
2. wulfric
3. fooot
4. Kautzman

# TEAMCAPTAIN Thalamas

I'd get on this!

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

Just checked my rcfile to make sure it wasn't a problem on my end, and it looks fine to me:
code:
# TEAMNAME Deep_Elf_State
# TEAMMEMBERS jerkstore Wolfechu Shard1697 wormsofcant uglyjohn
Is your line at the very top of your rcfile, and do you have any junk in your rcfile on a superseding server? (CAO, CBRO, CDO, CJR, CPO, CUE, CWZ, CXC, LLD is the order) If not, my last guess is just that it hasn't updated yet for some reason.

Ugly John, are you having the same issue?

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012
Oh lol. Nemelex' choice is DDAK. No one is even trying it. I wonder how many days that will remain there?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Worst item ever:

You finish putting on the cursed -5 robe of Misfortune {-Cast *Contam *Tele *Drain EV-5 Stlth-- *Curse}.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Arivia posted:

Worst item ever:

You finish putting on the cursed -5 robe of Misfortune {-Cast *Contam *Tele *Drain EV-5 Stlth-- *Curse}.

The first unrand I ever found in this game, by the way. All the way back in like 0.8 when all unrands spawned unidentified but with their unique sprite.

"Oohhh, this robe looks fancy! I'm gonna put it on!"

"...welp"

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

taqueso posted:

I'll take the last spot if it is still open.

Aight, I got you! Assuming everyone's names are spelled right, everybody should be added. Yell at me if you don't see your name on there.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Dongsturm posted:

Oh lol. Nemelex' choice is DDAK. No one is even trying it. I wonder how many days that will remain there?
I did it bitch :slick:

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

I did it bitch :slick:

Lol thank you for taking one for the team and advancing it to a better combo.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
2nd nemelex's choice and also a 15 rune.
I predict a lot of people will splat in tomb this tourny, it's scary even on a pretty stacked character(and having done it once before).

Unfortunately Khufu wasn't in there this game so if I wanna get him I'll have to do tomb again :mrwhite:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
code:
 V - the +9 executioner's axe of the Blue Skies (weapon) {speed, rC+ Stlth+}
:murder: :murder: :murder:

HOBE win #28: http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/Lightli/morgue-Lightli-20170527-092711.txt

Always win before posting your hubris-inducing finds.

IronicDongz posted:

Unfortunately Khufu wasn't in there this game so if I wanna get him I'll have to do tomb again :mrwhite:

He can actually spawn in Crypt rarely as well, which if that happens makes him pretty much the absolute scariest thing you can see in a 3-rune game (especially given the pack he spawns with).

Still easier to find than Murray or Tiamat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

the Orb of Zot posted:

code:
 V - the +9 executioner's axe of the Blue Skies (weapon) {speed, rC+ Stlth+}
:murder: :murder: :murder:

Oh yeah how about this: the +9 gold dragon scales "Xogaxke" {rPois rF+ rC+ MR++ rCorr}

Too bad it was on a DE... :negative:

Edit: doing the new transporter vaults the LRD way...

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 27, 2017

• Locked thread