Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I'm thinking more Piggsy from Manhunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
I just had pork for dinner. I wonder how many people were lost securing that pig flesh

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Furnaceface posted:

Trumps final form?

Hence the Expression, as greedy as a pig.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Grapplejack posted:

This is roughly how big they are, too. Imagine something that loving big that's also able to take a bullet to the face, and it hates you personally.

They are drat smart too, don't forget that (because they won't). For any particular type of trap you get one or two hances at capturing an entire herd. Any that are outside of the trap when it goes off will remember that trap for the rest of their lives and won't go anywhere near anything that looks remotely similar.

There is one group of trappers who have been working near where my father lives that will set up a massive fenced enclosure with multiple entry points and a bunch of cellular-connected video cameras. They will then spend a week or so getting a good count of how many pigs there are in the herd the remotely triggering the trap when they see them all in it on the cameras. Finally they have to race out to the trap location to kill the pigs before they completely destroy the trap trying to get out. It's loving ridiculous and they charge many thousands of dollars but it is about the only thing that works.

That's why they wanted to be able to use hot air balloons - the pigs learned the sound of the trucks and low-flying helicopters they were using to hunt them before and would be gone long before you could get a shot.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Y'all probably already saw that Lieberman withdrew his name for FBI director, but sweet Jesus am I happy. Joe needs to gently caress off forever.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Just watch this vicious and unprovoked attack by a Texas pig:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljGsFoN9wyw

It happens all the time, here is a Texas pig attack from just a few days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yxN3WZ_z80

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Ekster posted:

Boars tend to damage crops worldwide, there's plenty of them, hunting them is often encouraged.

Doesn't help that humans killed off all the predators that would normally keep the hog population in check.

All we have left is a perpetual hunting season to murder the poo poo out of every hog in sight. Probably won't even work since they reproduce fast.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Normally I am at best slightly dubious about hunting pictures, but this just fills me with a "heck yeah, only a billion more to go".

Edit: also there's a really interesting Goat Vs Pig dichotomy in a lot of agricultural societies. They both eat everything plantlike and outside of seriously bullshit mountains are both suitable in any given environment, so they're handy.

It's just that goats won't generally kill and eat YOU.

I think Futurama may have been onto something with one of their jokes: "I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax." Only, in this case, it'll be desperately needed to combat the boar.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

Y'all probably already saw that Lieberman withdrew his name for FBI director, but sweet Jesus am I happy. Joe needs to gently caress off forever.

I mean that's awesome news, but have you heard about the growing hordes of murder pigs? I think we have bigger issues to worry about now

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

4 more years(of no FBI director)!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Furnaceface posted:

Trumps final form?
That would be Rom, The Vacuous Spider.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Propaganda Hour posted:

Good av for this derail.

On topic, does anyone know where the Montana results are gonna be posted first? I know I could just google it or whatever, but are there any sites that tend to be better than others?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Rebel Blob posted:

Just watch this vicious and unprovoked attack by a Texas pig:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljGsFoN9wyw

It happens all the time, here is a Texas pig attack from just a few days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yxN3WZ_z80

After all this discussion, I'm starting to see why the police officer is colloquially known as a 'pig'

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Propaganda Hour posted:

Not only is he a colossal rear end in a top hat, he doesn't eat pork.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

cochise posted:

Doesn't help that humans killed off all the predators that would normally keep the hog population in check.

All we have left is a perpetual hunting season to murder the poo poo out of every hog in sight. Probably won't even work since they reproduce fast.

Hell yeah, time to usher in the aporkalypse.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SardonicTyrant posted:

That would be Rom, The Vacuous Spider.

Oh come on, it's clearly The Covetous Demon.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
so what the gently caress is this derail

also what is the difference between fbi scrutiny and fbi investigation

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Let's murder some fuckin' pigs!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Starmaker posted:

I know this is a derail (but, to be fair, one of our more fascinating ones)

But

Why, long ago, did we look at these creatures and think "those, those are the animals I will herd in large numbers and keep near my house to eat."

Edit: I'm sorry. I've always really liked pigs but I think this is the first time I've really taken to heart that they're more dangerous than bears. Maybe over a year of Trump has made me soft in the head but this is really messing me up tbh

Pigs can get fat very easy and depending on how you domesticate the more docile ones, something that'll eat anything and grow big with little care in their nutrition. Hog farmers deal with a lot of poo poo but pork's a good stable meat. Also never assume any animal is fully domesticated, dogs and easily turn feral too. We've gotten lucky over the course of our tenure by getting most creatures comfortable under our care to stick with us.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

skylined! posted:

so what the gently caress is this derail

Texas passed a mildly silly sounding feral piggy hunting law and the anti-pig faction, including me, swarmed in to opine that it didn't go far enough, and educate the audience on the porcine menace.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Wow. Learned something crazy today. I never knew that roving bands of man-eating giant pigs numbering in the millions was a problem in Texas. gently caress you, Texas. I am never living there, and if I have to visit, I'm flying in, staying in the city, and flying the gently caress out.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Texas passed a mildly silly sounding feral piggy hunting law and the anti-pig faction, including me, swarmed in to opine that it didn't go far enough, and educate the audience on the porcine menace.

Well you have certainly converted me!

E: vvvvv

Well luckily Breath of the Wild is still about murdering pigs

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 26, 2017

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Call of the Wild was originally about a potbelly pig. HIs editor made him change it to a dog for marketing reasons.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/867887777135964160

We decided to do this for... some reason?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Meanwhile let's rerail the thread with a funny but true but also sad because it's true tweet
https://twitter.com/jschavez/status/867888819303063554

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Countdown to the Embargo on Cuba returning...

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Rigel posted:

Wow. Learned something crazy today. I never knew that roving bands of man-eating giant pigs numbering in the millions was a problem in Texas. gently caress you, Texas. I am never living there, and if I have to visit, I'm flying in, staying in the city, and flying the gently caress out.

In a decade Florida will be submerged and boars will rule Texas.

Rule of threes so Cascadia will rise but the monkey paw is that it will be ruled by a Technological Dragon named Cortalexa, which thankfully due to outsourcing key engineering points can only hunt during the day.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rigel posted:

I've learned something new but now I just think they're even bigger losers for having all those guns and still not being able to deal with some pigs. Like, how are you gonna fight the revolution, defend yourself against the military, survivor the apocalypse, or defend your family from killers when you can't even stop the pigs? Shameful.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

skylined! posted:

charges, basically

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

It really goes to show that Trump is a symptom - a bloated, toxic one which smells like rotten pus - of the larger problem that our leaders are just kind of wretched, stupid, and worthless all around.

Since Franken's decided not to run in 2020 I feel fine making this generalization.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Office Pig posted:

It really goes to show that Trump is a symptom - a bloated, toxic one which smells like rotten pus - of the larger problem that our leaders are just kind of wretched, stupid, and worthless all around.

Since Franken's decided not to run in 2020 I feel fine making this generalization.

Nobody has decided poo poo until at least 2019.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

CommieGIR posted:

This would super funny to me and here is why:

I had a Trump supporter in my comp class who I'm pretty sure hated me and class. And the only two things we ever ever agreed on in class was that Too Many Cooks was cool and that the Cuban Embargo should have been lifted long before it was. His final paper was on how dumb the embargo was.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I've learned something new but now I just think they're even bigger losers for having all those guns and still not being able to deal with some pigs. Like, how are you gonna fight the revolution, defend yourself against the military, survivor the apocalypse, or defend your family from killers when you can't even stop the pigs? Shameful.

Weren't you listening? Pigs are not to be trifled with (truffled with).

When things get good and Trumpy in here again, and some fresh new horror is unveiled to us, you'll all miss this pig derail!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Spaced God posted:

Meanwhile let's rerail the thread with a funny but true but also sad because it's true tweet
https://twitter.com/jschavez/status/867888819303063554

Hiring Christie would also have been a mistake

The mistake was electing Republicans

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Office Pig posted:

Any democrat who says this is probably lying, Obama already proved that voters don't give a gently caress if you said you weren't running and then say you changed your mind and there's every reason to lie about it right now.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

There is absolutely no reason to tip that you are going to run years in advance unless you want to give everyone a target from now until the primaries.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

There Bias Two posted:

There used to be a thread where some crazy goon would chronicle his nocturnal wild pig hunts. If I remember correctly he used only a spear, and he was kind of sadistic about the whole thing.

holy poo poo I remember this. Didn't he graduate to a sniper tower with a drone that had a night vision camera to find them?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I don't think I saw this posted today. Here is the AUMF that someone shared from Tim Kaine last night.

https://twitter.com/JeffFlake/status/867879410837463040

e: I especially enjoyed this:

quote:

“Most members of Congress were not yet elected when the debate and vote on the 2001 AUMF took place and it is time for this Congress to fulfill its duty by putting its stamp on the current fight and to reaffirm its commitment to defeating ISIS, Al-Qaeda, and the Taliban,” Kaine said in a statement. .”

That's how long this bullshit has been going on.

hanales fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Starmaker posted:

Weren't you listening? Pigs are not to be trifled with (truffled with).

When things get good and Trumpy in here again, and some fresh new horror is unveiled to us, you'll all miss this pig derail!

Then what's the point of all those guns, man? I hear the call to war and it oinks... Or whatever a wild boar sounds like. Apparently some goon was killing them with a spear and a drone. A true hero, it seems.

• Locked thread