Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It really didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Calaveron posted:

It's seriously blowing my mind the Switch has been out for months now and there's still no virtual console.
Like it's leaving money on the table. They need to release every VC game on the 3DS and Wii U and I guarantee you I'll rebuy them

The console clearly wasn't really finished, I'm sure they're working on it as hard as they can but same with online they didn't want to keep delaying Zelda and they wanted to push something out

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Calaveron posted:

It's seriously blowing my mind the Switch has been out for months now and there's still no virtual console.
Like it's leaving money on the table. They need to release every VC game on the 3DS and Wii U and I guarantee you I'll rebuy them
I really hope they do something prettier with it then just a correctly-aspected box though.

The homebrew SNES emulator had skin around the actual game screen that was literally just a .png you put on the memory stick, and it looked so much nicer than the VC.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lemming posted:

The console clearly wasn't really finished, I'm sure they're working on it as hard as they can but same with online they didn't want to keep delaying Zelda and they wanted to push something out

Virtual console really can't be a problem compared to say, getting Unity 5 and UE 4 working. It's stuff they'd have when doing hardware tests in development

I think it's very likely they'll want to tie VC to their subscription service, beyond the 'one game temporarily available' uh strategy. Exactly how is anyone's guess, but thinking it'd be hard for them to make some emulator stuff for their third ARM device is pretty naive imo

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

For someone who has never played a Disgaea game would jumping into 5 be ok or would my head explode

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
It would be better to jump into 5 rather than go play old ones because of various quality of life improvements.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
im gonna play street fighter on my switch tomorrow

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

im gonna play street fighter on my switch tomorrow

better hope the vc with all its games comes out out on the switch tomorrow because good luck buddyboy with those prices

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
I can't believe how hard it still is to get a hold of this console. I figured I could wait until myexams are over and just walk into a store and buy a switch of the shelf but nope, the thing keeps selling out the morning when new shipments arrive.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

HyperPuma posted:

this never happened

There were a number of poo poo posters doing nothing but being contrary that are dying out now that hey this thing isn't a pile of poop. Nerds just want to rage against things because ...uh....idk I'm not in my 20s anymore I can't remember what drove that.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The switch still struggles to run games above 30fps

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Empress Brosephine posted:

The switch still struggles to run games above 30fps

PUBG is like the most fun PC game out right now and it runs like poo poo even on a top end PC. Sometimes life is funny like that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Get a new gimmick EmpBro

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

FIFA 18 and FIFA for Nintendo Switch are apparently different games.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

An exclusive.........

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Spellman posted:

An exclusive.........

:eyepop:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

EA taking cues from Nintendo's console naming conventions.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cause FIFA for Nintendo Switch is FIFA 13 for Xbox 360

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Cross postin' from the ARMS thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820816

Zaphod42 posted:

:siren: FREE TESTPUNCH DEMO STARTS TOMORROW! :siren:

quote:

Try out some fierce (and stretchy) competitive action with the ARMS™ Global Testpunch demo. You will be able to play it on certain days and times, so mark these deets on your calendar. Note that each play session will last for approximately one hour so don't miss out!

May 26
5:00 p.m. PT

May 27
5:00 a.m. PT
11:00 a.m. PT

May 28

June 2

June 3

June 4

And if you like prepping ahead, you can download the ARMS demo right this very moment from the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch.

If you didn't participate in the Splatoon 1 or 2 testfires, its the same deal, where we only get a 1 hour window to play. Kinda sucks but them's the breaks, and it lets them stress-test the servers better that way.

The demo is only 1 hour so if you wanna play, download it now!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

PUBG is like the most fun PC game out right now and it runs like poo poo even on a top end PC. Sometimes life is funny like that.

And there's 60fps games on NES and SNES. It's always up to the dev what they want to prioritize.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm getting a Switch tomorrow as long as they don't try and deliver it while I'm at work...

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Reroute the delivery to your workplace

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Detached joycons are absolutely ruining me. I'm sitting here, scrolling through the internet, actively thinking, Man, I gotta have my hand way out on a desk?

I should probably write a utility that lets me do basic browser navigation with a joycon. But that'd get awkward when I try to BoI during meetings...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Ahh yes, the unfinished game in Early Access is what you want to compare other games to in regards to performance.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hammer Bro. posted:

Detached joycons are absolutely ruining me. I'm sitting here, scrolling through the internet, actively thinking, Man, I gotta have my hand way out on a desk?

I should probably write a utility that lets me do basic browser navigation with a joycon. But that'd get awkward when I try to BoI during meetings...

Wireless mouse on thigh

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

ah crap not this bs again

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I haven't played a Fifa game since Fifa 95 so that's fine with me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Haven't played one since Wold Cup 98 that had that kickass chumbawamba intro video

EDIT: Insta hype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H4EzEAeMQ0

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Goons don't play sports games, a shocking twist

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

Splatoon is a sports game.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Actually I loved NBA Jam and blades of steel and base wars even though it was horribly broken. Also Mario golf.

I played 4th and Inches on the commodore 64.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

NBA Jam, NFL Blitz, Rocket League, yeah thats right im a Sports Gamer. I like and respect Sport

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Do racing games count as sports games?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm getting a Switch tomorrow as long as they don't try and deliver it while I'm at work...

Goonspeed, gamer!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

So I hit some dice thing in a room and all my poo poo changed and I had no idea what was going on. this all seems like it was good?

Some thing was eating coins and farting out room clearing book things? I was confused. I also nearly kept blowing myself up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Norns posted:

Do racing games count as sports games?

Video games are esports so all games are sports games

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sakurazuka posted:

We have an entire forum dedicated to sports video games though.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Policenaut posted:

We have an entire forum dedicated to sports video games though.

That's so the vast majority who don't play them aren't as tempted to poo poo up their threads making sportsball "jokes".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Bloop posted:

Actually I loved NBA Jam and blades of steel and base wars even though it was horribly broken. Also Mario golf.

I played 4th and Inches on the commodore 64.

Mutant League Football and Mutant League Hockey loving rule

• Locked thread