Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Zark the Damned posted:

Don't be silly, GW would never support blind purchase...

Oh wait never mind...

Japan loves this poo poo though so over there it's Good Marketing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

I don't mind the random box contents, I just wish there was a higher chance of getting the gold foil rulebook =/

Forget that, what's the chance of getting a hat???

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

like templates the positional wound thing accounts for like %50 of the time spent against one player I know who obsessively places his models for maximum effectiveness.

Or lucky stikk shenanigans where a single mega-armor warboss tanks an entire team's non-AP2 shooting on a blob of boyz.

I had a MegaStikk Boss tank something like 20 wounds from a Lord of Skulls blast gun one time. I'd feel guilty, but motherfucker shouldn't have brought a super-heavy to a non-Apoc fight :colbert:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

I don't mind the random box contents, I just wish there was a higher chance of getting the gold foil rulebook =/

I keep getting the AoS rulebook

it was funny at first but I'm tired of getting the joke prize now

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Zark the Damned posted:

With all the 8th ed chat it seems this has been missed: https://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/warhammer-40000-debarque-dans-le-heroes-system/

Looks like GW is taking a similar licensing approach to board games as it does to video games now they're no longer buddies with FFG.

Oh poo poo. These guys made Heroes of Normandie. gently caress yeah.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zuul the Cat posted:

My local shop manager (and i'm assuming all shops) got a box of stuff to put on display that's painted by the team over in the U.K. Everything goes up for display on the 27th, but he put out a Primaris and a Nurgle dude today, so i'm gonna go see them in person.

Why do I have the feeling this is going to lead to me starting a Primaris Flesh Tearers army?

Appearntly the Flesh Tearers went all in on the Primaris upgrade.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

If a lot of lost chapters are getting revived by the Primaris marines, has anyone asked GW if this means that there can be loyalist versions of traitor chapters?

That would be a very sexy proposition. Even more so if the chapters go by their original names.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

MonsterEnvy posted:

Appearntly the Flesh Tearers went all in on the Primaris upgrade.

Whats the odds on them going the route that primaris marines rather than being fixed are "that chapter, but moreso" when it comes to gene seed problems.

So even more werewolfy Space wolves and even more insane vampiric blood angels.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

mango sentinel posted:

These are allocation amounts. The rules come with the box. GW is pushing stores to buy more starter boxes if they want lots of loose rulebooks, if this is to be believed.

I completely misread the original quote from the storeowner as "does NOT contain a rulebook" :v: I thought they were doing a rulebook per four starters and there wasn't even one in the box. Not even GW are that insane.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

xutech posted:

If a lot of lost chapters are getting revived by the Primaris marines, has anyone asked GW if this means that there can be loyalist versions of traitor chapters?

That would be a very sexy proposition. Even more so if the chapters go by their original names.

A loyalist Alpha Legion chapter of BigMarines would be interesting.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

TTerrible posted:

I completely misread the original quote from the storeowner as "does NOT contain a rulebook" :v: I thought they were doing a rulebook per four starters and there wasn't even one in the box. Not even GW are that insane.

Its apparently the full and fancy rulebook in the box too, 3rd edition repeat.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

xutech posted:

Seriously doubt it, those names are forever tainted and would just lead to confusion.

Mars has a whole bunch of pure samples of Traitor geneseed left over from the Heresy and they won't even touch it out of the association.

I'd love to see a bunch of Scythes of the Emperor, and Celestial Lions done up Primaris style.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Khisanth Magus posted:

A loyalist Alpha Legion chapter of BigMarines would be interesting.

But they're already loyalists :confused:

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Orks might actually be viable now?

If they let boyz squads take burnas I might have a heart attack.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Sex Cannon posted:

I'm near certain your drunk on anime and booze right now.

Shut up you're not the dad of me

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Arven posted:

It's okay. Open your heart to Games Workshop.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

mango sentinel posted:

Now I need Kommandos.

They are some of the coolest ork sculpts right now IMO

Pretty expensive though

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Arven posted:

Oh don't you dare make me think that could happen.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

Seriously doubt it, those names are forever tainted and would just lead to confusion.

Mars has a whole bunch of pure samples of Traitor geneseed left over from the Heresy and they won't even touch it out of the association.

I'd love to see a bunch of Scythes of the Emperor, and Celestial Lions done up Primaris style.

Tell that to the space sharks :tinfoil:

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Peak 40k

http://a20t43c.deviantart.com/art/Blood-Woodpeckers-304937936

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zuul the Cat posted:

Why do I have the feeling this is going to lead to me starting a Primaris Flesh Tearers army?

Because the Flesh Tearers are the best.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Going to start a Blood Peckers army for 8th Ed.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

"Bloody woodpeckers" is such a lame name.

Needs to be shortened to something like.... Blood Peckers. Okay no that sounds wrong...

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

If blood is coming from your pecker please consult your chapter's apothecary.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Needs to be shortened to something like.... Blood Peckers. Okay no that sounds wrong...

I think you mean Bloodius Peckerarum, for copyright reasons.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
The Sanguine Pecker Lords

Sanguinous? Sanguis?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
We should start a new thread for a new era of 40k. At 68k posts, we'll have to eventually anyway.

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?

Silenced Noise Marine weapons. :colbert:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Xarlaxas posted:

things will get loud now

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Xarlaxas posted:

Ultrasound :v:

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Xarlaxas posted:

It's a frequency only Space Wolves can hear.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Or parametrics!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

actually it's a pun and it owns

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I am Slugsharp Oozeloon

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Wanted to just share a brief story about GW being cool and good. About a month ago I caught Solitaires on sale, for those who haven't tried to collect Harlequins, Solitaires are a bitch to find. GW is always sold out of them and their existence as a model on any other online store basically is a myth outside of the old rogue trader model so I was stoked when I grabbed one.

Then the order was pending, for a long time. Coming up on a month it still sat on pending but I assumed that I bought it right as they ran out so I wanted to leave the order alone so I got the first dibs on the next batch, I just didnt know it was going to take over a month for that to happen. So I finally called GW's customer service today, they apologized and said I was right, they ran out just before I ordered it so it was sitting pending. Guy on the customer service cancelled the order and said they will send me a solitaire for free next time it's available (Which he said might be next week).

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 26, 2017

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The real reason Primaris Marines are bad is that they're not an opportunity for GW to backdoor in woman Space Marines.

Yah bruh come at me

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Xarlaxas posted:

They'll play at a pitch that only wild dogs can hear

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

The real reason Primaris Marines are bad is that they're not an opportunity for GW to backdoor in woman Space Marines.

Yah bruh come at me

This is actually true.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

It didn't say who or what was in the vat :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Yah bruh come at me

Yeah this actually sucks, because it's a perfect opportunity to make the main faction less exclusionary without retconning a bunch of poo poo.

• Locked thread