Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

RuanGacho posted:

In a decade Florida will be submerged and boars will rule Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Fair enough. On another topic:

https://twitter.com/TopherSpiro/status/867864915595239424
https://twitter.com/benwikler/status/867890663010037761

stdh.txt, or a golden opportunity?

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

STAC Goat posted:

Then what's the point of all those guns, man? I hear the call to war and it oinks... Or whatever a wild boar sounds like. Apparently some goon was killing them with a spear and a drone.

Guns to use against their bullet-proof skulls? All tools of civilization are futile in the face of our porcine foe

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

stop stealing my posts you bastard

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

Senate is in recess? Didn't they just get back on the 21st? Or was that the house?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Some people here are (understandably I suppose) under the impression that the FBI is currently leaderless. It isn't. The acting director currently has all of the power that Comey did all with the bonus of not being politically appointed, thus having no reason to be friendly to this administration. Trump wants a new FBI Director desperately but no one is willing to take the job. That should tell you something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Starmaker posted:

Guns to use against their bullet-proof skulls? All tools of civilization are futile in the face of our porcine foe

Use one of those guns that shoots 100 bullets to cut them off at the knees or something! This is apparently the way they've been arming themselves for! Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord!

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Trump has hard time finding someone with credentials to put himself on fire for him.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

CommieGIR posted:

Countdown to the Embargo on Cuba returning...

just today:

quote:

U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) today introduced the Freedom for Americans to Travel to Cuba Act of 2017. The bill, which is cosponsored by 52 of their Senate colleagues, would eliminate restrictions on travel to Cuba by American citizens and legal residents.

Specifically, the bipartisan legislation ends restrictions under laws enacted in 1996 and 2000 that prevent American citizens and legal residents from travelling to Cuba – restrictions that do not exist for travel by Americans to any other country in the world. The bill would also end legal prohibitions on travel-related transactions, including banking transactions.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

I believe it. There have been enough rumblings of discontent out there to make it clear the Senate republicans aren't embracing health reform as the priority it has been for the house. The real key is to find a discontent to latch on to that isn't just the house bill so they can't dismiss it with the claim they're doing their own version.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/NYMag/status/867882551075012609

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Nah, after doing nothing during Comey's firing and Trump asking Intel folks to lie for him which are borderline literal charges raised against Nixon, GOP has crossed the Rubicon and are committed to riding out this loving hellstorm.

Frankly I won't be surprised if the Mueller report comes out and basically says "like half this administration is controller by Russia, here's tapes and video and phone calls" and the GOP only gets mildly concerned and puts him up for 2020.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Bueno Papi posted:

Senate is in recess? Didn't they just get back on the 21st? Or was that the house?

Senate is off next week.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

"Ya gotta admit: I played this [country] like a Harp from Hell!"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The GOP hates his guts, they'll cut him loose the moment they believe it's in their interest to do so.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

She's just starting to think she might fall into the Presidency?

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

I rarely have time to get involved in letter writing and calls, but I am making it my mission to reach out to the Senate members in the midwest.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Spaced God posted:

Nah, after doing nothing during Comey's firing and Trump asking Intel folks to lie for him which are borderline literal charges raised against Nixon, GOP has crossed the Rubicon and are committed to riding out this loving hellstorm.

Frankly I won't be surprised if the Mueller report comes out and basically says "like half this administration is controller by Russia, here's tapes and video and phone calls" and the GOP only gets mildly concerned and puts him up for 2020.

This is about AHCA not Trump.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

remusclaw posted:

I can think of worse things than President Pelosi. Sadly. We're living under one of those worse things right now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Spaced God posted:

Oh come on. Are we now just preemptively shooting down any good news because... reasons?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Chard posted:

Anyone surprised that the GOP is still backing The Slam King Of Montana has obviously not been paying attention.

I thought it was funny when some people ITT last night actually thought the GOP would refuse to seat him if he wins. He couldn't murdered Jacobs and the GOP would still seat him.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah but how often is that happening? Are there roving bands of wild hogs terrorizing small frontier towns in Texas?

Nah, Georgia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogzilla

Sure, an 800lbs demon pig with two foot long tusks isn't normal but I sure as poo poo wouldn't want to encounter a boar even a third that size unless I'm doing so from about 20ft up in a tree that it can't knock over, and I have a high powered rifle.

Boars are loving dangerous and I'd rather come across most kinds of bears than a boar while out in the woods, let alone places where their numbers are enough to be an actual menace.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

I can think of worse things than President Pelosi. Sadly. We're living under one of those worse things right now.

President Pelosi would be fine. Not good I mean but I could sleep well at night for as long as her lame duck Presidency runs its course and we get someone better in 2020.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh come on. Are we now just preemptively shooting down any good news because... reasons?

have you been reading these threads?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

If I hear this enough I'll morph into my final form where I actually do anything

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

President Pelosi would be fine. Not good I mean but I could sleep well at night for as long as her lame duck Presidency runs its course and we get someone better in 2020.

Oh, don't worry, I know. Fine is fine right about now. I'll take fine.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Likely true. Most Senators have shown about as much appreciation for the ahca being put on their plate as people do when their cat brings home a half dead bleeding animal, drops it on the nice rug, and then vomits on it. They know this is poison, they know what it's like being in the minority and know they are not far from it, and just want to do some tax cuts. They don't want to put their seats and majority on the line for this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

have you been reading these threads?

I was the poster with the most posts in the last one, just edging out Covok.

My most shameful lifes accomplishment :smith:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

remusclaw posted:

She means the House will pass the bill.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Anyone else surprised that Family Guy character Chris Griffin apparently manifested himself into the real world and became an expert hunter?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I hope it's a nice day so while I'm calling senator Portman's office I can sit on my porch in my suburban cleveland home and enjoy my view of the Atlantic Ocean.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

fsif posted:

She means the House will pass the bill.

I know what she means. But no way she can't help but being a little giddy about the possibility.

I don't know if it would be for the best though. A Dem gets it after investigations go like an impossible dream and that would be all the proof that everything was just a conspiracy to steal the White House from it's rightful winners. Republicans could run off the fumes of that forever.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
I would write/call this week but my senators are:

- Jeff Flake, 100% behind trump, and who was tragically bludgeoned over the head by large sacks of money and doctors fear he is no longer able to comprehend criticism

- John McCain, whose concern for the righteousness of my appeals would be second to nothing in this world, save only to his unwillingness to do a single thing about it.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bhaal posted:

- Jeff Flake, 100% behind trump, and who was tragically bludgeoned over the head by large sacks of money and doctors fear he is no longer able to comprehend criticism

- John McCain, whose concern for the righteousness of my appeals is second to nothing in this world, save only to his unwillingness to do a single thing about it.

Are you kidding? You should call them every day.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

"Ya gotta admit: I played this [country] like a Harp from Hell!"

Sure, the Penguin drowned our first born in the sewer but he tells it like it is. 4 more years!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Jesus, they're putting on war paint now! GET MA GUN!

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How is that tracked?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You won no shame.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

fsif posted:

Are you kidding? You should call them every day.

Yep. In fact if you can get their cell numbers, you should do this. Give them a taste of their own loving medicine.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Boon posted:

How is that tracked?

Click the number of posts next to the thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Bhaal posted:

- John McCain, whose concern for the righteousness of my appeals would be second to nothing in this world, save only to his unwillingness to do a single thing about it.

could be worse, my senator is Ted Cruz.

• Locked thread