Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Click the number of posts next to the thread title.

I had no idea you could do that. I'm 8th for this thread :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Hegelian
Aug 27, 2012

Bhaal posted:

I would write/call this week but my senators are:

- Jeff Flake, 100% behind trump, and who was tragically bludgeoned over the head by large sacks of money and doctors fear he is no longer able to comprehend criticism

- John McCain, whose concern for the righteousness of my appeals would be second to nothing in this world, save only to his unwillingness to do a single thing about it.

Guy, seriously. Flake is going to be fighting for his life and knows it. You should be abusing the hell out of your zip code to call both, but especially Flake. Go to Flake's townhall. Put drifters in suits and bring them with you to fill seats at Flake's townhall. He may well be the deciding vote on health care.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Bhaal posted:

- Jeff Flake, 100% behind trump, and who was tragically bludgeoned over the head by large sacks of money and doctors fear he is no longer able to comprehend criticism

- John McCain, whose concern for the righteousness of my appeals would be second to nothing in this world, save only to his unwillingness to do a single thing about it.

gently caress that line of thinking.

That's EXACTLY why you should call them.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TPM/status/867831844649091072

quote:

A Republican political operative in Florida asked the alleged Russian hacker who broke into Democratic Party organizations’ servers at the height of the 2016 campaign to pass him stolen documents, according to a report Thursday by the Wall Street Journal.

In return, that operative received valuable Democratic voter-turnout analyses, which the newspaper found at least one GOP campaign consultant took advantage of the information. The hacker went on to flag that same data to Roger Stone, a longtime confidant of Donald Trump’s who briefly advised his presidential campaign, and who is currently under federal investigation for potential collusion with Russia.

The Wall Street Journal’s report presents the clearest allegations to date of collusion between people connected to Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia.

Cybersecurity experts were sounding the alarm as early as last July that Guccifer 2.0, which had tapped into both the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic National Campaign Committee, was connected to the Russian military intelligence apparatus. However, in September, Florida GOP consultant Aaron Nevins wrote to Guccifer 2.0 to tell the hacker to “feel free to send any Florida based information,” according to the Journal.

Guccifer 2.0 ended up passing Nevins 2.5 gigabytes of stolen documents, including information about Democrats’ get-out-the-vote strategy in Florida and other swing states, the Journal reported. Nevins then posted the documents on his blog, HelloFLA.com, under a pseudonym.

The stolen documents Nevins published on his blog and then passed along to Florida journalists included detailed analyses commissioned by the DCCC of specific Florida districts—reports that revealed how many dependable Democratic voters, likely Democratic voters, and frequent-but-not-committed voters resided in each area.

Stone told the Journal that while he did receive a link to Nevins’ blog from Guccifer 2.0, he didn’t share the stolen data published on the blog with anyone.

The Journal originally reported that one Florida Republican campaign consultant said he used the stolen information. The newspaper initially said a campaign consultant for U.S. Rep. Brian Mast (R-FL), Anthony Bustamante, ramped up his TV ad buys and dialed back a mailer effort. The Journal subsequently updated its story to reflect that a Mast spokesman said Bustamante stopped working for the campaign in June 2016, months before the stolen documents were published, and noted that it could no longer reach Bustamante.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Considering the heavy early voting in Montana, expect the R to win despite body slamming the reporter.

Considering that only two senate seats are vulnerable in 2018, even if they are using this period as a test for blowback, it's easy to see the AHCA passing regardless.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Covok posted:

Considering the heavy early voting in Montana, expect the R to win despite body slamming the reporter.

Considering that only two senate seats are vulnerable in 2018, even if they are using this period as a test for blowback, it's easy to see the AHCA passing regardless.

Captain negativity is back, don't worry everyone

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I sent Don Young an email about the AHCA the first time around and he sent me back a solid page about tort reform.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Let me just tell you ahead of time that nobody wants to hear doom and gloom because an R +20 district only swung 18 points instead of 21 since November.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have just called Reggie Fils Aime, if Quist wins they will activate virtual console and you get all your games you already bought for free, if Quist loses they will delete Super Mario RPG from the internet.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Found any reasons to live yet, Covok?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

rob quist will make anime real

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

This thread

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Click the number of posts next to the thread title.

:cool:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

bad posting

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

What time do Montana polls close? Montana is central right? I could probably just google this but,

Young Hegelian
Aug 27, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

What time do Montana polls close? Montana is central right? I could probably just google this but,

Mountain. East Coast -2

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Bhaal posted:

Flake is one of the only senators vulnerable in 2018 and you should absolutely call him incessently

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Arrgytehpirate posted:

10 ET. Another hour.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Editing to remove unnecessary snark but holy poo poo there's a PETROLEUM COUNTY in Montana lolll

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Arrgytehpirate posted:

10:00 EST. NYT says to expect election results to start rolling in by 10:30 EST

Live Election Results

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

where ever he lives now isn't Binghamton

that alone is a positive

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

He seems more like some sort of Folk Western type to me.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Editing to remove unnecessary snark but holy poo poo there's a PETROLEUM COUNTY in Montana lolll
I thought west coast states were all Pacific time zone???

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Utah has a Carbon County

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

Ekster posted:

The GOP hates his guts, they'll cut him loose the moment they believe it's in their interest to do so.

The more you keep saying this the less sure of it I become. But i'm sure

anytime now

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ralepozozaxe posted:

could be worse, my senator is Ted Cruz.

You also have John Cornyn, who is almost certainly actually a human being.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/05/republicans-claim-1st-amendment-right-to-send-you-robo-voicemails/

gently caress you RNC and gently caress you even more if you approve this poo poo Ajit Pai.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Thanks bros

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I thought west coast states were all Pacific time zone???

:laffo: nice one hit

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

There's only one timezone that matters...

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bugsy posted:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/05/republicans-claim-1st-amendment-right-to-send-you-robo-voicemails/

gently caress you RNC and gently caress you even more if you approve this poo poo Ajit Pai.

I'm not sure what you mean, this is a big deal for android rights.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

The more you keep saying this the less sure of it I become. But i'm sure

anytime now

Even if I'm wrong, more hilarity for all of us.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007

Bhaal posted:

My senators are Mike Lee and Orrin Hatch. It is as terrible as you imagine.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If it's true that Covok is 24 then his gimmick is mostly explained by the fact that the consequence-understanding part of his brain is finally starting to grow in. Most people in their mid-twenties go through a phase where they're in the thrall of what amounts to brain-puberty. You get a spike in anxiety, obsessions with bad outcomes, and what's weirdly common is a certainty that you'll die young, which is your newfound ability to grasp mortality fighting with your adolescent conviction that you're special and something noteworthy is destined to happen to you.

Covok you're making this poo poo worse by indulging in your terrible habit. Don't turn a temporary quirk of brain chemistry into your permanent personality through sheer repetition. You're supposed to be spending this important time learning how to cope with mortality and life's uncertainty. Training yourself to act like a flailing idiot every time you confront a scary thought is literally going to ruin your life.

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

Ekster posted:

Even if I'm wrong, more hilarity for all of us.

Sure

"Hillarity"

Young Hegelian
Aug 27, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

You also have John Cornyn, who is almost certainly actually a human being.

John Cornyn is one of the two Senators I've met and I can assure you that he is not a human being. I mean, you're right that he's no Ted Cruz, but that's hardly a reasonable comparison.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait for Montana to prove that my extended family out there is horrible... why must my family be such shits... :negative:

Come on give us something to cheer for

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I have Joe "West Virginia Democrat" Manchin and Shelly Moore Capito.

How do you think I feel?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My senator is Thad Cochran and my governor is Phil Bryant, quit y'all's whinin

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I had a professor who worked for John Cornyn. He then went on to clerk for Scalia :whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I have Joe "West Virginia Democrat" Manchin and Shelly Moore Capito.

How do you think I feel?

Oh no, you said the M-word, now mcmagic is going to come post any second now

• Locked thread