Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Who do I have to kill to prevent the space jam sequel

I'm not upset at the Space Jam 2 being released 23 years after the original.

I'm upset that Space Jam 3 is inevitable going to be released two or three years after that, instead of in 2042, as it properly should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
boss baby 2

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

None of this surprises me, but a lot of it does make me sad.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

How... Train... Dragon? HOW TRAIN DRAGON

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Probably nobody, given that it's been announced and cancelled/pushed back/revealed as a hoax/etc about 10 separate times now.

Seriously, I'll believe Space Jam 2 is happening when I see the theater marquee.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

:shittypop:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I must have missed the announcement that Paddington 2 is going to be an animated film.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Acebuckeye13 posted:

it'll be "live action" i.e. photorealistic CGI Bugs Bunny balling with photorealistic CGI Michael Jordan

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Probably nobody, given that it's been announced and cancelled/pushed back/revealed as a hoax/etc about 10 separate times now.

Seriously, I'll believe Space Jam 2 is happening when I see the theater marquee.

I'd say it will happen when Lebron finally retires but since that dude is basically a cyborg incapable of aging, he'll probably still playing when his son gets drafted.

I can't imagine any other NBA stars who could really carry a Space Jam movie like Jordan. maaaaaaaybe Blake Griffin (who clearly would do it given the opportunity)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hemingway To Go! posted:

That reminds me, I need to watch ENG.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DC Murderverse posted:

I'd say it will happen when Lebron finally retires but since that dude is basically a cyborg incapable of aging, he'll probably still playing when his son gets drafted.

I can't imagine any other NBA stars who could really carry a Space Jam movie like Jordan. maaaaaaaybe Blake Griffin (who clearly would do it given the opportunity)

James Harden, Stephen Curry, and Kevin Durant could also probably carry it. If we're including retired players, Yao Ming could do it (and it would also ensure the Chinese box office), or I wouldn't be surprised to see Kobe do it to try and fix his image.

e: also the most obvious retired player of all for this would be Barkley, though I feel like the existence of Shut Up And Jam Gaiden would actively make the studio not want to do that ever, even putting aside that the man's in his fifties.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Hemingway To Go! posted:

They need to do way instain trainer> who kill thier drgons. becuse these drgon cant frigth back?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I still require an official statement from Boyardee on the canonicity of Space Jam 2.

I also want to know if Shaq Fu and Carter vs O'Neal are canon too.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

HOW IS DRAGGON FORMED

HOW THEME OF PACIFISM GET MANGLE

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

James Harden, Stephen Curry, and Kevin Durant could also probably carry it. If we're including retired players, Yao Ming could do it (and it would also ensure the Chinese box office), or I wouldn't be surprised to see Kobe do it to try and fix his image.

e: also the most obvious retired player of all for this would be Barkley, though I feel like the existence of Shut Up And Jam Gaiden would actively make the studio not want to do that ever, even putting aside that the man's in his fifties.

i will boycott, protest, and picket any Space Jam movie starring Steph, KD, or any member of the Warriors. I would, however, accept a Space Jam starring Harden and Russell Westbrook learning to overcome their differences and work as a team and dunk all over Kevin Durant and his weakass Next Chapter ring chasing bullshit.

Also, Charles was in the OG Space Jam so I dunno if he could star. Remember? He loves his mama.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

My first thought was "Huh, I would have thought the list would be a lot longer."

My second thought was "Boss Baby 2? Surely it's a bit premature to announce that" so I checked how well it did and it turns out it's close to half a billion worldwide. I hope you enjoy being bombarded with trailers for Boss Baby movies because they're gonna be pumping out sequels for a long, long time!
I read about Boss Baby 2 on Twitter on the way home from my brother's community college graduation (which oddly is taking place before his high school graduation but whatever), and was wondering what the reaction would be in here. Surprisingly, very subdued.

As for me, I'm looking at the list and wondering when Shrek 5 got announced, and why it's coming out ten years after the fourth (though I suppose better to take their time than keep churning 'em out like the previous sequels, regardless of how well some of 'em turned out).

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Space Jam had some actual actors in it too, like Wayne Knight, Bill Murray and... was Jason Alexander in there? Probably him too.

I'm imagining Bill Hader interacting with Daffy for some reason.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Detective No. 27 posted:

... was Jason Alexander in there? Probably him too.
George was not in Space Jam, no. Just Newman.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Shadow Hog posted:

As for me, I'm looking at the list and wondering when Shrek 5 got announced, and why it's coming out ten years after the fourth (though I suppose better to take their time than keep churning 'em out like the previous sequels, regardless of how well some of 'em turned out).

2 years ago one of my instructors confirmed his friend was working on Shrek 5. He really delighted in the way the class groaned. I don't know what changes they went through with the company buyout, but it's apparently been at least kicking around for a bit now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Space Jam sequels need to be released at the pace at which Basketball produces new Greatest of All Time players. Therefore Space Jam 3 could be released anywhere between ~10 years after Space Jam 2 to moments before the heat death of the universe.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ThermoPhysical posted:

This thread got weird real quick...

I mean, I like FMA and all but....

ANYWAY..

I heard that, in the last book of Captain Underpants, Harold Hutchins is revealed to be gay and his future self is married to a guy and has kids. This got the book banned in some schools. If this is true, I wonder if they'll hint at it in the movies considering the whole LeFou thing from Disney and...well, that's kind of all I can think of for recent movies where a character is gay and they kind of hint at it.

Also, on the topic of that movie, where can I buy ALL of the books for that series? Does Google Play have them all, if anyone knows? Amazon?

I'd say the physical copies would be nice, but I got a tablet I need to actually use and I also have no more space for physical books (except for my copy of Art of Zootopia...and maybe other "Art of" books...I'm sad I can't find a real one for Robin Hood that's not already on the Blu-Ray I own).

Someone on tumblr recently pointed out that the boy's origin story for Captain Underpants in their comics has him adopted "by two old guys" which completely went over my head as a kid but now makes me :3:.

I'm happy whenever one of my fond childhood memories turns out to still be good.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

hopeandjoy posted:

Someone on tumblr recently pointed out that the boy's origin story for Captain Underpants in their comics has him adopted "by two old guys" which completely went over my head as a kid but now makes me :3:.

I'm happy whenever one of my fond childhood memories turns out to still be good.

bonus points for the author for really not making a big deal of it. Like there's no moment where the kid goes "wait i'm gay???!!!" he just sees future self with with a husband and children and the entire story just rolls with it as if it is the most normal thing in the world

which it should be

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

DC Murderverse posted:

bonus points for the author for really not making a big deal of it. Like there's no moment where the kid goes "wait i'm gay???!!!" he just sees future self with with a husband and children and the entire story just rolls with it as if it is the most normal thing in the world

which it should be

It'd be cool if one day this was the standard instead of "I'm gay/a woman/a minority!" being considered a primary character trait. I'm not really sure what makes "a character who is gay" harder to write than "a gay who has character," but boy oh boy does the latter lead to some bigoted crap.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

oh. wonderful.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RIP me in 2019 when I'm watching Hotel Transylvania 3.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
When you see a list and you're like "At least I can look forward to Trolls 2"

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
Paddington was a really nice surprise so I'm really looking forward to that sequel. I'm okay with calling it animated if we're calling The Jungle Book live action.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i hope space jam 2 comes out so that my soul can be released from eternal damnation

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pick posted:

Well, the McElroy brothers are going to be in it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Pick posted:

It's a garbage day for animation.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I dunno, I'm down for Wreck-It Ralph! 2 and Toy Story 4, at least (even if I think the latter is wholly unnecessary - well, the former is too, I suppose, but I feel like TS3 was even more "final" of a chapter than WIR!'s self-contained story was).

When did the thread title change? Mediocrity is no longer a mortal sin?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

PenguinKnight posted:

i hope space jam 2 comes out so that my soul can be released from eternal damnation

It's not that I don't feel for you, but you knew what was at stake when you challenged that sorcerer to one on one on the court.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Hedrigall posted:

Next payday I'm booking my Ghibli museum tickets btw :3:
You're going to love it. I hope they're screening "Mei and the Kittenbus" on your visit. Even if it's one of the other museum-only films, you'll still love it. "Bread dough man and the Egg Princess" was what I saw. Baba Yaga was amazing.
Also, their special exhibit is on the depiction of food in the Ghibli films! Opened this month, I missed it by mere weeks!

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

It's not that I don't feel for you, but you knew what was at stake when you challenged that sorcerer to one on one on the court.

what really sealed the deal was dunking him through the rim afterward :(

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

e: wrong thread, although technically it was animation-related

LoseHound
Nov 10, 2012

PenguinKnight posted:

come on and slam
if your soul is damned

So much of that list seems like a joke. I mean, did anyone even see Gnomeo and-

Wikipedia posted:

Despite mixed reviews, the film earned $194 million on a $36 million budget. The film received nominations for the Satellite Award for Original Song, the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song, the Critics' Choice Award for Best Song and the Annie Award for Directing in a Feature Production, Storyboarding in a Feature Production, Voice Acting in a Feature Production and Writing in a Feature Production.

oh.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

LoseHound posted:

So much of that list seems like a joke. I mean, did anyone even see Gnomeo and-

oh.

:stare:

My memory is of it seemingly sinking without trace.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
How the gently caress is Zootopia 2: Another Easy Billion Dollars not on that list goddamnit

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I mean, , Disney :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Gnomeo and Juliet 2 will star Emily Blunt and probably be watchable just because of that.