Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tae posted:

Clair and Gray got married in my ending. Even delthea got hitched.

That happens in everyone's ending as long as they both survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Saber's sprite keeps making me think Crono is on the field. :sigh:

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

SweaterGear posted:

I just got Saber/Jesse's A support...I really hope that they get a paired ending where they start Outer Heaven.

There are no paired endings, but you'll get your wish.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Zore posted:

This game also has Clair, Palla, Catria, Leon and Grey as this game's Cordelia :v:

There ia a lot of unrequited love going around here.

Well, in Faye's case, she's (optionally) a Pegasus Knight who has a traumatic experience, and an unrequited love with a main character she never gets over. Poor Faye.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
So what DLC is necessary for Postgame? The ones with the extra promotions?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cuntellectual posted:

Well, in Faye's case, she's (optionally) a Pegasus Knight who has a traumatic experience, and an unrequited love with a main character she never gets over. Poor Faye.

Catria's there for that too to be fair, as the original Cordelia. And she's not even optionally a Pegasus Knight.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Pastrymancy posted:

So what DLC is necessary for Postgame? The ones with the extra promotions?

You can just take your dreadfighters and loop them until they get near max stats before getting them their final class. Spellcasters don't really need max stats.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Catria's there for that too to be fair, as the original Cordelia. And she's not even optionally a Pegasus Knight.

And Palla as the awkward older sister in love with her little sister's boyfriend.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
what skills do the extra promotions have, I assume they must be game-breaking to charge money for

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

what skills do the extra promotions have, I assume they must be game-breaking to charge money for

Overclass Previous Class Abilities
Geirölul Gold Knight None but gains 1 Movement
Spartan Baron Phalanx (Def/2% chance of negating damage; increased chance with adjacent allies)
Mach Falcon Knight Fire
Morgana Priestess (not Celica) Mire, Death
Titania Saint Barrier (increases ally’s Res for 1 turn), Restore (cures an ally’s ailments)
Yaksha Dread Fighter Exorcising Venom (Skill/2% chance of inflicting an ailment if the attack connects)
Elephant Bow Knight Bowrange +3
Solomon Sage Lemegeton (summons powerful illusory allies)
Maeve Princess Aura
Conqueror Hero Bowrange +1

So it seems... Eh.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

mandatory lesbian posted:

I know Alm's gets Bowrange+1. Celica gets the Aura spell

Cav evo just gets +1 move, Baron evo gets a skill that triggers to negate damage.

Falcon Knight evo gets Magic. Priestess gets access to enemy spells like Mire etc. Bow Knight evo gets to Bow Range+3.

Sages all get summons. Dunno what the Dread Fighter evo gets.

Also insane bases all around.

I also found out apparently Alm can use Bows????

... why?

Zore fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 26, 2017

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I wonder why they felt the need to include the plot revelation they did in the bonus dungeon, because it's kind of :psyduck:.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

Overclass Previous Class Abilities
Geirölul Gold Knight None but gains 1 Movement
Spartan Baron Phalanx (Def/2% chance of negating damage; increased chance with adjacent allies)
Mach Falcon Knight Fire
Morgana Priestess (not Celica) Mire, Death
Titania Saint Barrier (increases ally’s Res for 1 turn), Restore (cures an ally’s ailments)
Yaksha Dread Fighter Exorcising Venom (Skill/2% chance of inflicting an ailment if the attack connects)
Elephant Bow Knight Bowrange +3
Solomon Sage Lemegeton (summons powerful illusory allies)
Maeve Princess Aura
Conqueror Hero Bowrange +1

So it seems... Eh.

wow these are almost all garbage, those bases better be like, 40 all across the board

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zore posted:

I know Alm's gets Bowrange+1. Celica gets the Aura spell

Cav evo just gets +1 move, Baron evo gets a skill that triggers to negate damage.

Falcon Knight evo gets Magic. Priestess gets access to enemy spells like Mire etc. Bow Knight evo gets to Bow Range+3.

Sages all get summons. Dunno what the Dread Fighter evo gets.

Also insane bases all around.

I also found out apparently Alm can use Bows????

... why?

So he can have 2 range without the Lightning Sword.

I had him bow like twice in the game

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the only time alm used his bow for me was when he got attacked by witches

i mean i guess he's good with it but there almost no situation where using bow kills faster then sword

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Double Lion is so good that I'm considering not switching to Falchion until I actually attack the final boss

Bows are definitely an afterthought

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

The DLC classes actually have different animations than the normal classes or at least Alm's does so I assume the rest do too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best part of this game is unironically the way it handles the final battle quotes

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Transferring the killer bow to Celica's team made the infamous desert stronghold story battle trivial as Leon just destroyed everyone.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

the best part of this game is unironically the way it handles the final battle quotes

I think the turnwheel is better

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Feels like the Radiant Bow could be good on Alm considering his huge Atk stat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Both Silver Sword and Zweihander have such good skills, I can't decide.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, some of those endings. "Genny ha a husband but won't tell her friends who he is." "Faye has a happy family life but abandons them for months at a time to go creep on Alm."

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hey Man, you don't know if Faye's going to creep. Maybe she's just grown up a bit and is willing to expand her horizons outside of the village considering her A rank with Alm is about her biggest desire being to just stay together with him at Ram as if nothing has changed since childhood.

I guess Genny just has a secret husband though, but considering he's supposed to be one of the party there's not many options.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Genny and Saber is the assumed marriage.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tae posted:

Don't see how that'd be much of a secret then seeing as how Sabers wife went to live in Outer Heaven with him.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Endorph posted:

making mae a peg helps celica out a lot. jesse and saber have extremely early excalibur and seraphim, respectively, as mages.

That's good to know. I think reclassing is pretty cool here, since it's by and large a finite mechanic.

Do characters still have unique outfits when they reclass?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Man, some of those endings. "Genny ha a husband but won't tell her friends who he is." "Faye has a happy family life but abandons them for months at a time to go creep on Alm."

I feel like someone at IntSys had a bad breakup around the time of FE1's release and still hasn't gotten over it. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ROFL Octopus posted:

That's good to know. I think reclassing is pretty cool here, since it's by and large a finite mechanic.

Do characters still have unique outfits when they reclass?
they still have their color schemes, yeah

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

I feel like someone at IntSys had a bad breakup around the time of FE1's release and still hasn't gotten over it. :v:
fire emblem, as a series, is about this kind of thing. It's the entire crux of the franchise, narratively.

My favorite line in any FE game is when you get Caeda killed in FE1, and Marth is freaking out -

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Endorph posted:

they still have their color schemes, yeah

This is the best game ever.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Desert Stronghold cleared in 7 turns and I feel a little proud of myself :toot:

I was dreading the turn count for this map but spending almost all of my funds to get a Brave Sword for Saber turned out to be an extremely good investment.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
whats timg

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
please don't show me this pic at this time endorph

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tae posted:

Neither ending is impacted if the other dies.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cuntellectual posted:

"Mathilda stopped being a soldier and became a perfect housewife despite having better stats than Clive in every category because that's what marriage means CAROL!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean if clive dies she takes up his post, and there's plenty of female endings where they go back to war or w/e, so i think it's just a character thing for mathilda.

edit: also what japanese dude is married to a carol

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bruceski posted:

"Mathilda stopped being a soldier and became a perfect housewife despite having better stats than Clive in every category because that's what marriage means CAROL!"

Doesn't Mathilda's ending say though she retires she starts working behind the scenes and is forever remembered as the Goddess of warfare or something along those lines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Doesn't Mathilda's ending say though she retires she starts working behind the scenes and is forever remembered as the Goddess of warfare or something along those lines?

yes

• Locked thread