Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cis autodrag posted:

ok now the recruiter just emailed and asked if i had time for a 5-minute phone call today. freaking out again.

calm down. if you had done terribly on the interview you would know it already. so they're either going to tell you that they want to hire you, or that they don't think it's a good match right now. and if it's the latter, you will move on with your life and find another company that will hire you. that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
bam, figgies achieved!

our long nation nightmare is over. now to pack up my office and tell my boss.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

The Management posted:

bam, figgies achieved!

our long nation nightmare is over. now to pack up my office and tell my boss.

congrats on ur figs

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

The Management posted:

bam, figgies achieved!

ADINSX posted:

congrats on ur figs

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

ADINSX posted:

congrats on ur figs

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

cis autodrag posted:

the recruiter on the other team i applied to at apple called me to dump me, but there was a bunch of "but seriously it was only because you don't know swift pls apply to other teams".

also, your drat avatar breaks my brain for a sec every time i see it :)
If they're shopping you around to managers at all you've probably passed most of the bars.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
yet again he hasn't responded to my email and isn't calling. is it kosher to call him or email and say "yo im available now" again?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

ya, call or email

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
k i emailed. never sure when that comes off pushy vs being on top of things.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

k i emailed. never sure when that comes off pushy vs being on top of things.

basically if you're even vaguely familiar with the concepts of common decency or courtesy, you're probably fine

if you send 10 increasingly urgent emails in rapid succession, thats pushy

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

ADINSX posted:

congrats on ur figs

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

basically if you're even vaguely familiar with the concepts of common decency or courtesy, you're probably fine

you're asking a lot from a yosposter

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ADINSX posted:

congrats on ur figs

Khym
Jun 11, 2002
I need closure on all of these anecdotes!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

(lambda anecdotes)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
10 to 5 on the west coast and he hasn't even emailed. im getting kind of frustrated with this.

mekkanare
Sep 12, 2008
We have detected you are using ad blocking software.

Please add us to your whitelist to view this content.
I believe in you, LMO.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

mekkanare posted:

I believe in you, LMO.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

10 to 5 on the west coast and he hasn't even emailed. im getting kind of frustrated with this.

remember they have terrible jobs too and get sucked into never ending calls just like the rest of us

Khym
Jun 11, 2002

carry on then posted:

(lambda anecdotes)

((let ((anecdotes 'pleasing-ending))
(lambda () anecdotes)))

I wish lisp were still real

Although it actually sort of is at impending work zone

Khym
Jun 11, 2002
remember steve yegge? I remember steve yegge.

He seems like maybe a person who would yospost.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
he called. figgies are in my future. he did wrestle base pay out of me during the talk though.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

cis autodrag posted:

he called. figgies are in my future. he did wrestle base pay out of me during the talk though.

goongrats :toot:

Khym
Jun 11, 2002

cis autodrag posted:

congratulations!

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

cis autodrag posted:

heck yeah.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

cis autodrag posted:

condragulations

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Munkeymon posted:

condragulations

now, sashay away. from epic

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

cis autodrag posted:

:woop:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cis autodrag posted:

see, all that worrying for nothing. congrats, a winner is you.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

cis autodrag posted:

mega congrats lmo

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
hell yeah

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

i just hope you didn't get savagely lowballed

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Sapozhnik posted:

i just hope you didn't get savagely lowballed

ya I keep thinking i messed this up but he was really pushing. he insisted they only do things based on cost of living and title. rookie mistake i guess.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Relax. Even if you get completely ripped off (relatively speaking) for the first year you will be immensely more employable with one of the big 5 companies on your resume. You'll start treating recruiter spam like (I presume) attractive people treat online dating.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

ShadowHawk posted:

You'll start treating recruiter spam like (I presume) attractive people treat online dating.

can confirm

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

ShadowHawk posted:

Relax. Even if you get completely ripped off (relatively speaking) for the first year you will be immensely more employable with one of the big 5 companies on your resume. You'll start treating recruiter spam like (I presume) attractive people treat online dating.

...wallowing in a sea of depression as you realize that not even the constant praise of strangers nor the physical pleasure of sex can fill the emotional void inside of you?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

ThePeavstenator posted:

...wallowing in a sea of depression as you realize that not even the constant praise of strangers nor the physical pleasure of sex can fill the emotional void inside of you?

haha oh wait this is YOSPOS not E/N that post was supposed to be just a bunch of :chome: in a row

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

ThePeavstenator posted:

don't doxx me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
it was kind of cute how he was pitching how nice the office building is and i was like "my office is in a castle."

• Locked thread