Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Goons don't play sports games, a shocking twist

I would love to play a modern MLB game, but my desire to play it is somewhere between $60 and $ps4 + $60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Just got my Switch today and got to spend about an hour with it. Overall my impressions are positive but man there's some questionable decisions made about this thing.

The screen looks great, the interfaces feel wonderful to navigate, the speakers sound good, and I like the sticks. The buttons are fine I guess but the triggers and the auxiliary buttons are a joke.

And I didn't expect this thing to not support Bluetooth headphones. Absolutely everything has Bluetooth audio now and for a mobile device to not have any sort of wireless audio is just bad bad bad. The eShop also looks like it was shoved out the door as bare bones as possible.

The stand is fine if a bit cheap looking and the pro controller is nice and weighty but I don't like the triggers there either. I kind of expected more after the Xbone and PS4 controllers especially for the price.

Zelda and Mario Kart look and run great on the handheld but I haven't tried hooking it up to a TV so we'll see how bad performance gets. I have a feeling I'll be using this more in handheld mode though.

But what the hell is up with the lack of options in those games? Mario Kart doesn't even have an options screen on the main menu and the pause menu is paltry as heck. Zelda has some options but mostly just lets you swap jump and sprint and...that's it for rebinding? Ugh why.

Anyway I hope they can improve on a number of these things and it's certainly a slick device for the most part. Here's hoping the batteries are decent because I'm going to have lots of long nights with a newborn real soon. :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

For someone who has never played a Disgaea game would jumping into 5 be ok or would my head explode

it'd be fine, but its literally grinding the game + anime, so if those two don't interest you......

keep in mind you can get a character to 9999, and then remake th em at lvl 1 with higher stats

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Norns posted:

I just want to play the best Mario game, Mario is Missing, on my Nintendo Switch.

And Rock 'n Roll Racing. 4 player* Rock 'n Roll Racing HD would be a no poo poo instant buy for me.

* possibly more with online play though I can't imagine a Rock 'n Roll Racing game with 8-12 people being anything other than a trainwreck and 75% of people instantly blowing up at the start of every race,

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Isn't Rock n Roll racing a Blizzard game? I don't exactly see them clamoring to release their old IP, as much as I'd love a collection of like, Lost Vikings, Lost Vikings 2, Blackthorne, and Rock N Roll Racing, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I would love to play a modern Base Wars/Deathrow game,

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Isn't Rock n Roll racing a Blizzard game? I don't exactly see them clamoring to release their old IP, as much as I'd love a collection of like, Lost Vikings, Lost Vikings 2, Blackthorne, and Rock N Roll Racing, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting.

R&R is more a problem that they used licensed music, and there's no way they're going to see it as worth their time to pay for the songs again, or program new tunes for a 25 year old ROM.

Nov 24, 2014

The Project Rap Rabbit Livestream is on right now if anyone's interested: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/460689844/project-rap-rabbit-working-title

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
VC? Don't mind if I do... oh wait

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/mhxx_capcom/status/867910588331999232
:siren:Monster Hunter XX is coming to Switch:siren:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i dunno why people are surprised about Animal Crossing Switch possibly being real, in a past investors briefing they said that the upcoming Animal Crossing mobile app will have connectivity with the next game. we've basically known a new game has been in the works for a while and they already created HD assets of the villagers for Wii U's Animal Crossing Plaza

all I care about though is how different it's going to be because it can't just be another incremental update. we need for animal crossing what BOTW was for Zelda. as long as it's not envisioned as cubical programmer art that one might 'craft' with

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No, I'm fairly sure I heard from reliable sources they were switching to PlayStation

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

RZA Encryption posted:

I would love to play a modern MLB game, but my desire to play it is somewhere between $60 and $ps4 + $60.

Vita TV for $25 and MLB 15 for 20 = $45

Plus you get all the hot anime boob action you could ask for

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Aw poo poo, motherfucker gonna slay some loving dragons on the go and at home, all day, every day.

I hope you can still do the save transfer like you can on the 3ds version.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Killer app acquired.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

i dunno why people are surprised about Animal Crossing Switch possibly being real, in a past investors briefing they said that the upcoming Animal Crossing mobile app will have connectivity with the next game. we've basically known a new game has been in the works for a while and they already created HD assets of the villagers for Wii U's Animal Crossing Plaza

all I care about though is how different it's going to be because it can't just be another incremental update. we need for animal crossing what BOTW was for Zelda. as long as it's not envisioned as cubical programmer art that one might 'craft' with

I hope the Switch title uses the amiibo figurines like Welcome Amiibo does or goes even more in-depth with them and then I'll feel good because I've already managed to get all fifteen of the fuckers for super cheap prices over the last few months.

Because of course by that time they won't be available in stores or online anymore.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sam Faust posted:

Aw poo poo, motherfucker gonna slay some loving dragons on the go and at home, all day, every day.

I hope you can still do the save transfer like you can on the 3ds version.

Is the 3DS version getting a Western release?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Oh gently caress, oh gently caress, OOOOH FUUUUCK...

YES!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm excited as hell for Monster Hunter. I liked Generations on 3DS since you could play as a rad cat but I just can't play that kind of game for long on that crappy low res screen. It'll be fantastic on Switch.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if XX is only on Switch in America but who knows.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

o boy

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't know anything about that. Just that the Japanese release of MHXX let you transfer the save from a MHX copy.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
About goddamn time for MonHun.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Drunk Tomato posted:

Vita TV for $25 and MLB 15 for 20 = $45

Plus you get all the hot anime boob action you could ask for

I'm looking for current season. Up to date rosters and such.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Switch to catch up to PS4 confirmed

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Getting Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver flashbacks from that title.

I wonder if the 3DS version underperforming was some motivation to make this happen sooner rather than later? Here's hoping for that sweet US release soon.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'd rather they port Disney Afternoon if I'm being honest.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

RZA Encryption posted:

I'm looking for current season. Up to date rosters and such.

It's dumb that Sony has basically a monopoly on baseball. I bought a Vita a few years ago solely to play MLB The Show.

People still submit new rosters to the database for MLB 15, so you can download and apply to career or franchise mode. In fact, I started a new Road to the Show game just a few weeks ago using this season's rosters.

Of course Sony might disable their servers whenever they want, but for now it still works.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Drunk Tomato posted:

It's dumb that Sony has basically a monopoly on baseball. I bought a Vita a few years ago solely to play MLB The Show.

People still submit new rosters to the database for MLB 15, so you can download and apply to career or franchise mode. In fact, I started a new Road to the Show game just a few weeks ago using this season's rosters.

Of course Sony might disable their servers whenever they want, but for now it still works.

But Mitch Haniger probably won't look like Mitch Haniger!!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

:woop: This is what I was hoping for. Got to round up the guys because it's time to hunt a monster once again on the big screen.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Drunk Tomato posted:

You can blame 2K for that. They dropped 2K Baseball like a bad habit around the time Sony revealed MLB 14 to focus on NBA/WWE games. To their credit, NBA 17 sold something like 8 million copies so maybe they just wanted to cut their losses.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
When is this overpriced sf2 going up on the eshop so I can waste money on it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Monster Hunter XX on Switch is going to sell insanely well. I'll finally be able to enjoy a Monster Hunter game--I could never ever get used to it on the 3DS lo-fi screen or trying to play it with the limited control scheme.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Found a Switch on Craigslist and didn't die or get ripped off buying this oversize 3DS, looking forward to playing Mario kart with you dudes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

LethalGeek posted:

There were a number of poo poo posters doing nothing but being contrary that are dying out now that hey this thing isn't a pile of poop. Nerds just want to rage against things because ...uh....idk I'm not in my 20s anymore I can't remember what drove that.

its still really bad actually

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
ill stick with my 2ds in red and white thank you very much

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Stux posted:

ill stick with my 2ds in red and white thank you very much

And your 1994 corolla with the "coexist" sticker

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

YUSSSSSSSSSS

Had to get this up in here too

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Policenaut posted:

You can blame 2K for that. They dropped 2K Baseball like a bad habit around the time Sony revealed MLB 14 to focus on NBA/WWE games. To their credit, NBA 17 sold something like 8 million copies so maybe they just wanted to cut their losses.

Yeah wasn't Sony allowed to make The Show because 2K's exclusivity didn't cover first party development? If anything Sony is the reason there's still a good baseball game.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Calaveron posted:

It's seriously blowing my mind the Switch has been out for months now and there's still no virtual console.
Like it's leaving money on the table. They need to release every VC game on the 3DS and Wii U and I guarantee you I'll rebuy them

But you might buy some indie games instead while you wait which would mean even more new games. I want virtual console too, but I thinking holding off makes sense at the moment.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Honestly I think they shouldn't release virtual console until late 2018. People are buying the system anyway and all those games will do is eat away at indie and third party sales and result in less software support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgdu4ZXDjZo

• Locked thread