Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Mahoning posted:

I no joke have the exact same first and last name of a member of Congress. I've thought about what nefarious poo poo I can get away with by utilizing it, but he's a democrat and he seems pretty cool so I don't wanna find out.

Wait until he dies and then relive that Eddie Murphy movie that nobody likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Nothus posted:

Be careful what you wish for. It's replacement will be Breitbart or Stormfront.

Stormfront is old hat, and sites like Breitbart have already replaced them in younger demographics. That's kind of their entire problem.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nothus posted:

Be careful what you wish for. It's replacement will be Breitbart or Stormfront.

I'm not sure that it matters. Hate to break us out of our spiral of despair, but Fox's power is because it built it up over decades. Breitbart or Stormfront picking up the dregs wouldn't remotely be as dangerous as Fox is.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Lentils have fantastic macros.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Tony Montana posted:

this is why you lost

... where's the hashtag?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
oh we dont do that, we think thats ridiculous and stupid and the last thing youd want to sound like is another loving American social justice warrior or whatever

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

maybe some music video was made by lentils

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Like any successful far right wing new network pretty clearly will rely on not only preempting any vanguard website movement, but coopting the ones that slip through their fingers, and possibly even sabotaging ones that want to stay independent.

Although Im not sure radio talk shows are long for this world either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Quist isn't really a weak candidate. He's pretty much a dream candidate here. Local, progressive, gun supporter, every person in the state has personally met him or knows someone who has because he's performed at every State Fair.

I'll defer to people who have paid more attention. The stuff I've read is that he's got no political experience or resume and troubling tax stuff, and he kind of got up on his name and we'll traveled career and campaigning. That last part obviously is good for a candidate (and good ideas are of course good as much as they mean anything without any kind of resume that they're more than words) but that earlier stuff seemed to be a bit of an unnecessary handicap that the Dems should be able to build on.

Hell, Quist could run in 2018 but with a year of focused political advocacy and be a better candidate.

But I admit I've only paid passing attention to this race so apologize if I have him all wrong.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Aves Maria! posted:

are lentils the new codeword for "effete liberals" in the dumbass Trump supporter lexicon?

Turns out, conservatives also like sipping lattes and generally living in ivory towers. So instead they needed something else to feel superior about.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honestly, what can Fox even do to get themselves out of their death spiral? Their demo is 70+ and dying off by the day and young people don't give a gently caress about cable news. And of those that do they want to see coverage of the Trump dumpsterfire which Fox is absolutely forbidden from covering. Not to mention how they alienated their most promising talent in Kelly forcing her off the station. And their staples like O'Riley and Hannity are either gone or on the way out. They were all excited to spend the next 4 years bashing Hillary every hour of every day and had literally no fallback plan.

God I want this loving network to die a miserable death.

The blueprint for remaking Fox is already on 4chan and reddit. There's an entire generation of young people who are just as dumb as their grandparents. Possibly dumber, as their grandparents didn't have misogynist video games.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Tony Montana posted:

this is why you lost

Nazis? We know

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Tony Montana posted:

oh we dont do that, we think thats ridiculous and stupid and the last thing youd want to sound like is another loving American social justice warrior or whatever

Serious question: Are there any mountains in the eastern US?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

My senators are Franken and Klobuchar and I want to bake them cakes with "I LUV U" written in frosting on them. That's not weird, is it?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tony Montana posted:

oh is this another liberal hugbox where anyone that doesn't crack jokes at Donald's expense is big bad man that wants to take your lentil soup away? Sorry, I didn't know..

Look, rear end in a top hat, I can tolerate a lot of things, but lentils are awesome.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Stormfront is old hat, and sites like Breitbart have already replaced them in younger demographics. That's kind of their entire problem.

Fine. How about an InfoWars or ZeroHedge tv network? I guess what I'm saying is that there will always be a market for conservative shitheads. Someone will fill that vacuum. :v:

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Tony Montana posted:

you should try lentil soup it's really good

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fox could try to transition from making conservatives feel afraid to making them feel safe.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

TARDISman posted:

My senators are Franken and Klobuchar and I want to bake them cakes with "I LUV U" written in frosting on them. That's not weird, is it?

Send them stuff!

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
oh hippies, as in low income earners who believe in a lot of the liberal rhetoric, usually are associated with lentils. Like watch the Young Ones (old English comdey) and the character Neil, that's a Liberal. He loves his lentils, because they're cheap (good for poors), vegetable (no animal is suffering under the human oppression to feed you) and tasty (no they're not but what do you know of the world)

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

FizFashizzle posted:

Like any successful far right wing new network pretty clearly will rely on not only preempting any vanguard website movement, but coopting the ones that slip through their fingers, and possibly even sabotaging ones that want to stay independent.

Although Im not sure radio talk shows are long for this world either.

as long as the AM band exist, Rush Limbaugh will be there shouting into it

a ghost composed of em radiation

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Quist isn't really a weak candidate. He's pretty much a dream candidate here. Local, progressive, gun supporter, every person in the state has personally met him or knows someone who has because he's performed at every State Fair.

Wow a Democrat not hung up on wedge issues like guns? Is the party finally learning something? Well I guess there's Manchin...

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Tony Montana posted:

tasty (no they're not but what do you know of the world)

ban this filth

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Lentil politics.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Confounding Factor posted:

Wow a Democrat not hung up on wedge issues like guns? Is the party finally learning something? Well I guess there's Manchin...

Yeah Manchin is one of the pro-gun democrats everyone seems to want itt

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Fansy posted:

The blueprint for remaking Fox is already on 4chan and reddit. There's an entire generation of young people who are just as dumb as their grandparents. Possibly dumber, as their grandparents didn't have misogynist video games.

"This hour of Breitbart TV is brought to you by anime boob mouse pads direct dot com."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aves Maria! posted:

are lentils the new codeword for "effete liberals" in the dumbass Trump supporter lexicon?
Pretty sure it's a "Jew" thing. So, you know, he's slow playing this gimmick.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lentils have their place I cannot deny this

in a curry they can pad it out magnificently

also fibre which is good for fat nerds

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Fansy posted:

Those young hateful assholes are just a very loud minority and don't have the numbers to replace the dying Fox demo. And they don't pay for cable news.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

In before (((lentils)))

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

mmmm lentils

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Lentils own. Especially in Ethiopian food

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Tony Montana posted:

lentils have their place I cannot deny this

in a curry they can pad it out magnificently

also fibre which is good for fat nerds

quote:

Why is it whenever you start posting the thread devolves into a slapfight? User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Tony Montana posted:

oh hippies, as in low income earners who believe in a lot of the liberal rhetoric, usually are associated with lentils. Like watch the Young Ones (old English comdey) and the character Neil, that's a Liberal. He loves his lentils, because they're cheap (good for poors), vegetable (no animal is suffering under the human oppression to feed you) and tasty (no they're not but what do you know of the world)

Legit question- your writing pattern doesn't come across as that of an American. Where are you from?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well, polls have closed.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Those young hateful assholes are just a very loud minority and don't have the numbers to replace the dying Fox demo. And they don't pay for cable news.

Actually, yeah. That's a good point. Cable is dying after all. There isn't money in having an actual news site with real journalists appealing to these people. Fox barely has any foreign corespondents as it is.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/867923135231795200

im curious how many people in that 9% would have voted for quist anyways

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/867923135231795200

im curious how many people in that 9% would have voted for quist anyways

edit: misread that

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Australia! I am not American at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Tony Montana posted:

Australia! I am not American at all!

What's your opinion on the boat people

• Locked thread