Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

Covok posted:

Knew it: the Republican is going to win. Republicans will double down knowing they can body slam reporters and still win. Welcome to a preview of 2018.

It's about time Reporters start carrying around their guns and using their second amendment rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

How to respond to Covok:

1. Don't

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Covok posted:

Knew it: the Republican is going to win. Republicans will double down knowing they can body slam reporters and still win. Welcome to a preview of 2018.

Wow look at mister fuckin sunshine.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's really weird we're collectively all basically liberals who also think guns are cool and also nuclear energy rocks. Why can't the Democrats come around on those two things? (Also we believe in strong gun control though)

Obama was hella pro-nuclear power, the issue is the free market doesn't want to build them because they're good at bankrupting companies

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/867929583202344961

:smith:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I hope the Democrats learn to forget these backwater shitholes and focus on winning seats in swing states and swing counties.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

howdy motherfucker

A face only God could love.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

TyrantWD posted:

I hope the Democrats learn to forget these backwater shitholes and focus on winning seats in swing states and swing counties.

They pretty much did. Almost no money went in here from the Dem side. It's a story because it's so close anyway.

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe
More results come in Quist is going down in a Route. Probably 10+ point loss.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Thaddius the Large posted:

Not unless it's someone from out of state, no. Unless you're going with Rocky Mountain Oysters (which are far from unique to Montana, though the Rocky Mountain Testicle Festival is a sight to behold), there isn't much in the way of indigenous cuisine. Pork Chop Johns sandwich I guess, but I don't think that's unique either, just a fried pork chop sandwich.

WY was similar. Lots of care into grilling, but not much for unique dishes. Randomly, best Thai food I've ever had was in a small town in Wyoming. A military guy from there married a Thai woman overseas, retired back home and they opened a restaurant. Was amazing, authentic and just super tasty and homemade.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Trabisnikof posted:

Obama was hella pro-nuclear power, the issue is the free market doesn't want to build them because they're good at bankrupting companies

True. Which is why we should nationalize energy. Of course that would never happen though. I think that's to the left of Bernie.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Thaddius the Large posted:

Not unless it's someone from out of state, no. Unless you're going with Rocky Mountain Oysters (which are far from unique to Montana, though the Rocky Mountain Testicle Festival is a sight to behold), there isn't much in the way of indigenous cuisine. Pork Chop Johns sandwich I guess, but I don't think that's unique either, just a fried pork chop sandwich.

What about tater pigs?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

howdy motherfucker

:clint:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

More results come in Quist is going down in a Route. Probably 10+ point loss.

its rout

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Montana is beautiful, even the east side, but gently caress ya'll dumb

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Covok posted:

Democrats lost Montana. We're all loving doomed. Die by your own hand, to deny the scum the satisfaction.

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

For fucks sake wait until all precincts in a county have reported before making conclusions about the county.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Quist is out performing Hillary between 5-11% in all counties.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Nate Silver is pointing out that the libertarian is over 7%, which is not great news for gianforte. A lot of these historic benchmarks are presuming a minimal 3rd party vote, but if thats not the case, then Quist needs fewer votes than normal to win.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Stop this doesn't fit my everything is awful and nothing matter narrative

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A dead log could outperform Hillary by 5-11%

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
In some ways I want Gianforte to win, just to see every press person gun for him for the next two years.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
What the hell world is this that the Trump lady on CNN I normally want to strangle is saying that even if Gianforte wins, he should step down? :stare:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Mister Adequate posted:

What about tater pigs?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Missing Donut posted:

For fucks sake wait until all precincts in a county have reported before making conclusions.

The precincts that did report were the ones he needed to win and win big. It's pretty much over. A man who assaulted journalists the day before the election won. Democracy in America is a failed experiment, mate.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Missing Donut posted:

For fucks sake wait until all precincts in a county have reported before making conclusions about the county.

Nate Silver posted:

These maps from Decision Desk HQ are useful here. Quist is running behind Gov. Steve Bullock’s results almost everywhere (Bullock won by 4 points in 2016) but ahead of the Democratic U.S. House candidate from 2016 almost everywhere (who lost by 15 points). So it’s not a bad showing, but it’s probably still in line with a loss. With that said, we’re still mostly looking at early vote rather than Election Day returns.

It's p bad

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/867931149154123776

And this is why more results won't help. The civilized places have already reported.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

A dead log could outperform Hillary by 5-11%

I don't think Covik has the votes

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hillary lost Montana by 20 points tho

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
drat. Please have more brown babies in Montana

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I don't see how Quist wins without a massive Election Day swing in his direction

I think Democrats are going to be sour they didn't nominate a better candidate

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I'm interested to see the in-person vote totals at least.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seriously Covok SHUT THE FLYING gently caress UP

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not particularly encouraging if you're rooting for a Quist win.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Covok posted:

The precincts that did report were the ones he needed to win and win big. It's pretty much over. A man who assaulted journalists the day before the election won. Democracy in America is a failed experiment, mate.

1/3 of all registered voters in the state mailed in ballots, this needed to happen sooner.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

axeil posted:

It's p bad

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/867931149154123776

And this is why more results won't help. The civilized places have already reported.

It's likely going to go 60-40, R at this point if the rural counties aren't in. Considering Trump's rhetroic, i'm not suprised 9% of people voted R because he assaulted journalists. We just aren't living in a sane nation anymore.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

Hillary lost Montana by 20 points tho

That's not the point. Montana is supposed to be dominated by the Republican candidate. So if a Dem can make a good showing and be competitive that bodes ill for the GOP on the national level.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Guys it's too soon to call Ohio

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Rigel posted:

Nate Silver is pointing out that the libertarian is over 7%, which is not great news for gianforte. A lot of these historic benchmarks are presuming a minimal 3rd party vote, but if thats not the case, then Quist needs fewer votes than normal to win.

Did Nate Silver estimate a reasonable probability of Trump victory in 2016? :smug:

(Dems probably lose, in semi-rural loving Montana)

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Dude's probably gonna lose but what's important is the amount he loses by. A single-digit loss is still bad news for GOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

Covok posted:

60% of the votes occured before yesterday you loving cuck.

• Locked thread