Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Isn't the issue with this race that it shouldn't be remotely close, to the point where +10 for a republican there is a warning sign for tight races later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

Covok posted:

The precincts that did report were the ones he needed to win and win big. It's pretty much over. A man who assaulted journalists the day before the election won. Democracy in America is a failed experiment, mate.

When you learn what a precinct is, you will understand how stupid your post is.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Khisanth Magus posted:

1/3 of all registered voters in the state mailed in ballots, this needed to happen sooner.

Yeah, that's why I said earlier that the amount of early voting made the body slam not matter what's so ever. It's just over for the Dems here, really.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Dude's probably gonna lose but what's important is the amount he loses by. A single-digit loss is still bad news for GOP

Yeah, keep running on that one, mate. Maybe one day it will be true.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Did Nate Silver estimate a reasonable probability of Trump victory in 2016? :smug:

(Dems probably lose, in semi-rural loving Montana)
Yes?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

QuoProQuid posted:

I don't see how Quist wins without a massive Election Day swing in his direction

I think Democrats are going to be sour they didn't nominate a better candidate

I think Quist was an okay candidate I think the issue is there are probably a fair number of Gianfonte early voters who would've not voted/voted Quist after the assault who can't change their votes.

In hopeful news, Quist does appear to be outrunning Hilldawg by a ton. https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/montana-house-special-election

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

It's going to be hilarious for conservatives to label this a big win when it should have barely registered as a fight in the first place.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Missing Donut posted:

When you learn what a precinct is, you will understand how stupid your post is.

The rest left are the heavily rural ones. It's over.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

business hammocks posted:

Isn't the issue with this race that it shouldn't be remotely close, to the point where +10 for a republican there is a warning sign for tight races later?

Exactly, Covok's making GBS threads up the thread notwithstanding

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Yes.

I mean a Dem win would've been great but yes.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

yep, its now pretty clear that Quist needs a massive election-day swing. The early mail-in votes do not point to victory.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Did Nate Silver estimate a reasonable probability of Trump victory in 2016? :smug:

(Dems probably lose, in semi-rural loving Montana)

... yes. Yes he did. He was in fact the one dude who did so.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
in 2018 Jeb! will run and bodyslam a reporter to increase his chances of winning

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Yes, but we can't let that get in the way of good old "everything sucks" freakout.

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

Covok posted:

It's likely going to go 60-40, R at this point if the rural counties aren't in. Considering Trump's rhetroic, i'm not suprised 9% of people voted R because he assaulted journalists. We just aren't living in a sane nation anymore.

That's why the solution is to escalate and have Dems stop pretending we are.

We should be hitting back first and slapping or hitting other candidates in debates.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Precisely.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Sure but have Republicans been listening to warnings lately? They only understand defeat. Trimp will view any victory as endorsement.

That said don't cry till it's actually over.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Supremezero posted:

... yes. Yes he did. He was in fact the one dude who did so.

Was joke. Emoticon and specific choice of source may not have properly conveyed joke.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Khisanth Magus posted:

1/3 of all registered voters in the state mailed in ballots, this needed to happen sooner.

Okay, the man who is running in the same political party that voted for AHCA and Donald Trump won.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Typo posted:

in 2018 Jeb! will run and bodyslam a reporter to increase his chances of winning

Please slam.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Nothus posted:

Yes, but we can't let that get in the way of good old "everything sucks" freakout.

I mean, if Quist loses it's deeply disappointing because in a universe where Ben Jacobs gets bodyslammed last week or 2 weeks ago Quist wins easy probably

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

If I was a GOPer and I didn't win by 20+ I'd be making GBS threads myself right now.

EDIT: Then I'd suplex Robert Costa.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

That's why the solution is to escalate and have Dems stop pretending we are.

We should be hitting back first and slapping or hitting other candidates in debates.

I try not to be hyperbolic, but this is one of the most stupid and insane proposals I have ever read in this thread.

E: The idea that the heartland somehow likes assaulting journalists is incredibly patronizing.

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

fsif posted:

Okay, the man who is running in the same political party that voted for AHCA and Donald Trump won.

Trump won Montana by 20 points what don't you get.

The number of people who voted for him hasn't dropped in Montana by 20 points. He would still win in this state if he ran loving today against Hillary. This is a GOP stronghold. One loving governor or senator doesn't change that fact.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Covok posted:

The precincts that did report were the ones he needed to win and win big. It's pretty much over. A man who assaulted journalists the day before the election won. Democracy in America is a failed experiment, mate.

If your constitution is too weak to do what's necessary, have one of your slaves do it for you. As a piece of furniture, it still counts as by your own hand and your dignatas and virtus will remain intact.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
two outcomes

kinda neato dem wins

gop has to deal with man who just assaulted a reporter

i don't see how any of us lose here

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Montana is a deep red state that because of Trump's toxicity is having an election that makes it purple. Which means that states that are already purple are going to be trending blue.

That's the point of this whole thing.

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

QuoProQuid posted:

I try not to be hyperbolic, but this is one of the most stupid and insane proposals I have ever read in this thread.

E: The idea that the heartland likes assaulting journalists is incredibly patronizing.

You realize how weak you sound and how much your enemies bask in your weakness?

Do you think Hitler got stopped by saying "oh he's killing some jews lets give up"

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Montana is a deep red state that because of Trump's toxicity is having an election that makes it purple. Which means that states that are already purple are going to be trending blue.

That's the point of this whole thing.

i think you'll find that republicans will always win, forever

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

i dont know how any of you read this thread without having covok on ignore. even when he isn't wetting the bed, his posts are the stupidest garbage in the thread.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's not the point. Montana is supposed to be dominated by the Republican candidate. So if a Dem can make a good showing and be competitive that bodes ill for the GOP on the national level.

This. Holy poo poo, this race is neck and neck and it's in MONTANA. If people are this pissed at the Republican party in a deep red state that's a good sign, Democrats need to start putting money into swing state elections ASAP.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Guys

It's loving Montana.

I don't think a loss here signals the final death of the Democratic Party.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Trump is irrelevant to the legislature. The actual reps up next year have to care about this because soon it will be them getting this heat. Compared to Ossoff, the democratic party ignored this race entirely because it couldn't have been made competitive. Yet it's nearly a dead heat.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

Do you think Hitler got stopped by saying "oh he's killing some jews lets give up"

oh wait.

you're just a troll

nm

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

skylined! posted:

two outcomes

kinda neato dem wins

gop has to deal with man who just assaulted a reporter

i don't see how any of us lose here

No but see DEMOCRACY IS OVER

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Exactly, Covok's making GBS threads up the thread notwithstanding

No, he's making GBS threads up the thread BECAUSE of it. Because he's a troll and not a good faith poster. He wouldn't be here posting if Quist was winning. He's here for the loss.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

axeil posted:

I mean, if Quist loses it's deeply disappointing because in a universe where Ben Jacobs gets bodyslammed last week or 2 weeks ago Quist wins easy probably

Yes, which is why anyone who tells you that America sucks because the Ben Jacobs punchup didn't affect an election in which 60% of the votes were mailed in early is an idiot.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

i dont know how any of you read this thread without having covok on ignore. even when he isn't wetting the bed, his posts are the stupidest garbage in the thread.

Counterpoint: McMagic

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

For those who arent looking at it, the decision desk maps are useful, they have maps where the counties are resized by population so that you can just look at the map and see how its going without doing math and looking at cities.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

I agree, America should be invaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

The best BBQ sauce is eastern NC-style (fight me, Asheville guy)

Western style go die heretic

• Locked thread