Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

The only thing I melt down about is changing tires. But then again there's something slightly sketchy about putting 60psi through a tire to make it seat on a bent rim and using your foot in place of a tire cage.

Get a loving tire cage, ive heard of a lot more psi to stretch tires with no issues though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

I wish my dad melted down about me crashing my kart when I was 13 and made me drag it back to the van by myself.

My dad would melt down over everything and just blame me for random poo poo as a kid, the unusual part would've been him showing an interest in what I'm doing.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://twitter.com/1990sf1/status/867818828272676865

:kiss:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDhNtt9DruM

:allears:

Ignore the awkward interviewer

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

My dad would melt down over everything and just blame me for random poo poo as a kid, the unusual part would've been him showing an interest in what I'm doing.

That is the kind of character-building fathering technique that stops you from growing into 1986 Osella Driver Allen Berg.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

Max? Is.. is that you?

E: i joke of course and im sorry, im rather cynical about such things and take fun out of these things without realising it as my old man was also a loving heavy handed wanker whome I both love and hate at the same time. He has asbestosis and I have to care for him when its my round, I wish he would just loving die, I really hope he doesnt die.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 25, 2017

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Alonso seems so uncomfortable and that guy is incredibly awkward.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Max? Is.. is that you?

E: i joke of course and im sorry, im rather cynical about such things and take fun out of these things without realising it as my old man was also a loving heavy handed wanker whome I both love and hate at the same time. He has asbestosis and I have to care for him when its my round, I wish he would just loving die, I really hope he doesnt die.

It used to bother me a shitload as a kid and teen but I really haven't cared since getting pissed over it ain't going to change poo poo. I do think growing up like that tends to give you a better sense of humour and perspective on things. Sorry to hear about your dad though man.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Wirth1000 posted:

Alonso seems so uncomfortable and that guy is incredibly awkward.

He's pretty much the ultimate ambassador for the worst thread. We all know we'd lose it in the presence of Fernando :allears:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Fernando Alonso is a glorious human being and will win the indy 500

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

He's pretty much the ultimate ambassador for the worst thread. We all know we'd lose it in the presence of Fernando :allears:

Honestly I'm insulted you'd make that comparison. That Jalopnik guy was such an awkward mess and Alonso didn't want to do any of that.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If y'all were alone with Nando in a room you'd ask him to show you his muscle too.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Lol giant cheques. He's gonna buy 5k worth of 2% milk.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
if there's one thing european racing should borrow from american racing, it's definitely giant novelty checks.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Feels Villeneuve posted:

if there's one thing european racing should borrow from american racing, it's definitely giant novelty checks.

Nah. Firing pistols into the air on the podium.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Who wants to see Lawrence Stroll presenting a giant novelty check to Williams every time Lance bins a car?

gently caress, well, now i kinda do.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Mike Pence confirmed he's attending the Indy 500.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

Who wants to see Lawrence Stroll presenting a giant novelty check to Williams every time Lance bins a car?

gently caress, well, now i kinda do.

Lol.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
There's not that many novelty cheques in the world. He probably just opened a direct line of credit to Williams lol.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

GP predictor is bugged again; it won't let me set Stroll as first in the harbour.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

GP predictor is bugged again; it won't let me set Stroll as first in the harbour.

Clear your cache and refresh the page.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129766

Jesus Christ Rossi in hospital now with mild chest and abdominal trauma

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Troy Queef posted:

SIGNS POINT TO YES

(also I'm angry, I didn't order a Nando 500 hat for $35 and now they're like $75 on eBay, hopefully they'll come back in stock)

Good news!

http://shop.ims.com/2017-fernando-alonso-mclaren-honda-andretti-new-era-9fifty-cap/

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

I wish my dad melted down about me crashing my kart when I was 13 and made me drag it back to the van by myself.

But actually though. I'd probably be some fraud you guys would be bitching about.

I just wanna race cars :smith:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

:swoon: I'm so gay for Are Nando

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

"People still drive like ****s, nothing's changed," says Button on the radio.
NBC needs to hire him when Hobbo dies

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Ordered, and even though it won't be here until June the Indy race near me (Gateway, just 20 minutes straight down Highway 40/55 from my house) isn't until August.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

NBC needs to hire him when Hobbo dies

Monaco, Jenson? No no no: Charlotte, North Carolina.

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
https://www.si.com/formula1/photo/2017/05/25/formula-1-portraits-fernando-alonso-and-alexander-rossi
*swoon*

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://cdn-s3.si.com/images/20170525_racing_00003.JPG

A+ avatar material.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Pretty hosed for Saturday's kart race. All my pre-season running so far has been on "near-corded" tires, I'm about a second and a half off the midfield pace, and my engine is still down on power. Going to need to Button this one.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Why must they wear such hideous watches?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Pretty hosed for Saturday's kart race. All my pre-season running so far has been on "near-corded" tires, I'm about a second and a half off the midfield pace, and my engine is still down on power. Going to need to Button this one.

Alonso could do it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Minto Took posted:

Why must they wear such hideous watches?
All people who spend money on expensive watches are tasteless filth so all watch manufacturers cater to tasteless filth and therefore must advertise their tasteless filth when they sponsor drivers. It's a very sad state of affairs in timekeeping. I suppose it's appropriate for F1 but I'm sorry it has to overflow into Indycar.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Someone do for my Av please. Tia

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Beg somebody for used tires, you dont seem cunty enough to have every driver you race with hate you.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

Beg somebody for used tires, you dont seem cunty enough to have every driver you race with hate you.

I have the used tires but they switched from Mojos to Vegas this year so there's like an additional half second gap that wasn't there last year.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Will they even let you use the old tires? Mine runs mandatory tires, either way sooomebody'll throw you a bone if your tires are that close. Can't fix your engine though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

Will they even let you use the old tires? Mine runs mandatory tires, either way sooomebody'll throw you a bone if your tires are that close. Can't fix your engine though.

The club is pretty relax about that poo poo, I've just got to wait until people start peeling off Vegas which will probably be after this weekend.

To be honest the best lap in testing so far was probably a half second off where I need to be and that was probably down to tires, I'm just panicking because my last practice was super lovely because the tires were in a real poo poo state.

The engine situation is a whole combination of factors but suffice to say I paid less for this engine than the cost a basic rebuild.

• Locked thread