Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It was nice having Pat around, I'll miss him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Pat's going to slam dunk his 3DS right into the trash.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pat's going to slam dunk his 3DS right into the trash.

Pat's too small to slam dunk anything into a trash can :v:

Also holy poo poo the LA Noire lp is butt clenching.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/867946661003149312
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/867948083602010113

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oh hey 1000 pages of thread. Always nice to see.

I wonder if anyone's made a compilation of every time Pat's laughed like an old car engine. :allears:

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Mystic Mongol posted:

I mean... yeah? Attack on titan has a fascist society with a fascist military and no meaningful dissent, complete with external threat they can blame everything on.

It's not depicted as a good thing. Nothing about that society or the government is aspirational. Do you think the government is doing a good job combating the titan threat?

It's really funny because I know tankies who watch it and love it and think it's communist.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
"It's the first booth on the left." *Woolie turns right*

"It's the last door on the right after you turn left out the elevator" *Woolie turns right off the elevator, can't locate door*

:allears:

Also when's Monster Hunter XXX

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If you pay attention, in a few minutes, you'll hear the Ginger Orgasm

https://twitter.com/Dystify/status/867913592565379072

Time to get a switch, im flushing my 3ds down the toilet

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blockhouse posted:

I feel like he was In after the drunken party fiasco

his voice acting in that scene was Too Real
Night in the Woods is Too Real.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 26, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/867987011512160257

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Daily stock variations mean absolutely nothing

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.twitch.tv/risingsuperstream
Liam and Woolie are blackfacing before the ARMS testpunch begins.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/risingsuperstream
Liam and Woolie are blackfacing before the ARMS testpunch begins.

They sure are.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This is the most poverty stream i've seen.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Man, fantasy strike is so hilariously No-Not-Steal it's hilarious.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

I mean the entire idea of Yomi was translating fighting game characters and mechanics to cards

also the initial characters were street fighter characters in the original design before capcom pulled out, which is why grave and jaina mechanically resemble ryu and ken (less so in the video game apparently)

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 27, 2017

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anytime someone mentions woolie's broken third strike cabinet it seems like it gets more outrageous. I feel actually bad for him when they talk about how he's had it for five years... just let it go.. woolie.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rodyle posted:

the art in attack on titan is some of the worst in any major manga

Isayama's love of Japanese colonialism is a known quantity

Actually that is just something people made up and has no basis in fact. From actually reading the series. Everything you have said is wrong.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pat has no understanding on how to run a cabaret and i wonder how long he'll stare at the character swap screen before realizing that time isn't moving.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Oh no, hes poor too!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Tae posted:

Made slightly funnier by the fact that Sirlin is a loving thief.

Sirliiiiiiiiin! I, a complete internet nobody, will never forget your tiny crimes!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

I mean the entire idea of Yomi was translating fighting game characters and mechanics to cards

also the initial characters were street fighter characters in the original design before capcom pulled out, which is why grave and jaina mechanically resemble ryu and ken (less so in the video game apparently)

I was actually focusing more on the literal slayer do-not-steal.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

I was actually focusing more on the literal slayer do-not-steal.

It's because that dude is basically Slayer in the card game (slow, low combo potential, but single hits do a fuckload of damage)

He's definitely the most obviously "inspired" character in the game other than Midori and the final boss beung Gouken and Akuma story-wise

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

We give Woolie tons of poo poo but whenever he speaks about his childhood, it's always the best. :allears: stealth halloween owns

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
"woolie I guess if you don't pick one of either bea or gregg you won't see their whole storylines"

"YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME I DON'T FOLLOW THE SYSTEM *alternates every day between the two*"

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Was considering getting NITW myself and I wanna know, is there like, a specific Bea ending and a Gregg ending if you only stick with one the whole game, and then a Neutral if you alternate?

I'm just thinking of We Know the Devil, since that whole game was built on the premise of which kids get to hang out and which one gets left out. I don't think NITW is going in that direction, since no one is getting 'left out' per se, and everyone has their own separate thing they do with Mae. Just curious how many playthroughs there are to see the whole story. I reckon I'd alternate my first time playing too.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Was considering getting NITW myself and I wanna know, is there like, a specific Bea ending and a Gregg ending if you only stick with one the whole game, and then a Neutral if you alternate?

No. You just get a bunch of Greg scenes if you hang out with Greg a bunch. I'm not sure why this is a thing. Your reward for choosing Greg is Greg.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
There's a full set of scenes with Gregg and a full set of scenes with Bea. If you do more scenes with one of them you get a special scene at the end of the game. That's abot the extent of "player choice" in NitW, and that's why I like it a lot.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually that is just something people made up

No, no it isn't.

quote:

From actually reading the series.
Super, so did I.

e: pat blowing off Majima sidequests is criminal

CRIMINAL

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 28, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodyle posted:

Super, so did I.
oh, you're caught up? Man, wasn't them equipping one of the titans with armor with cannons on it the best? :allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I came back and read the first few chapters post-basement, which dealt with the last remaining interest I had.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

No. You just get a bunch of Greg scenes if you hang out with Greg a bunch. I'm not sure why this is a thing. Your reward for choosing Greg is Greg.

It is a choice between one thing or another thing. Just like Morpheus in the Matrix, lethal or Non-lethal in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, trusting January or December in Prey, or good an evil in Infamous: Second Son. To choose one means different endings because that's how games are made.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I can't believe Pat annihilated the entirety of Majima's Dress Up Cabaret Club simulator offscreen. For some reason I recall this taking me weeks.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It's easier to power through than real estate

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

HGH posted:

I can't believe Pat annihilated the entirety of Majima's Dress Up Cabaret Club simulator offscreen. For some reason I recall this taking me weeks.

Pat "I got a little huge" Bolvin grinding a lot? Noooo

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Da Svidania mama.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGZqPARCEHM

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Forgot how hype Vanquish was. Need to pickup this PC port

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Can someone explain how frame rate is tied to damage? I don't know anything about computers so I'm probably missing something. I saw negative reviews on steam saying "Frame rate makes this game really hard" and they were getting 80% thumbs downs so I assumed they didn't know what they were talking about.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

H A T T A M posted:

Can someone explain how frame rate is tied to damage? I don't know anything about computers so I'm probably missing something. I saw negative reviews on steam saying "Frame rate makes this game really hard" and they were getting 80% thumbs downs so I assumed they didn't know what they were talking about.

For Vanquish and Valkyrie they tied hitscan stuff to frame rate. So when the frame rate doubles you start taking more damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's kinda like how DS2 tied framerate to weapon degradation, so when they released a 60FPS version weapons broke twice as fast.