Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/867837897411403776

24 year old mobile defenseman. He was named to the KHL's first allstar team earlier this week, and he was noticeable in a good way at the IIHF tournament

Very, very happy this signing was made official. There was lots of worry that Antipin would sign elsewhere once Tim Murray got fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/icemancometh/status/867849584332029952

the preds had to brutally injure all the ducks to win. look at those cheaters. jesus christ those are awful injuries to try and play through

Maybe we can trade on non broken Dan Girardi/Marc Staal for one broken Vatanen.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/867717336773652480

Oilers will make the orange jersey their permanent home jersey next season. Avs are finally getting a much needed update, and I'm sure most of the others are small tweaks.

Also the Oilers are going from royal to navy blue again :barf:

Not once did this man mention: "Hey, St. Louis. Quit being loving stupid and use this past seasons' "throwback" 3rd jersey as your primary from now until the end of time" so I think I hate him.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/867806257440329728

Ki...Kiel...K..."General Mattis(s)", yes, let's go with that.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
So whos next on the Bergevin CHARACTER merry go round to go end his career?

Shawn Thornton?
Jared Boll?

The possibilities are endless in the BERGEVIN CHARACTER GRINDER GENERATOR!!!!!!

fire bergevin

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
welcome to montreal matt hendricks

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The team that was supposed to finish tenth in the conference finished third overall. As much as I want to be disappointed by the way they played in this OT, or annoyed that somehow the loving penguins are going to yet another SCF in one of the worst officiated series of hockey to be played, nobody who follows the Sens has any right to be upset with this amazing run.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Canada's team is where it belongs

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Geeeeet fuuuuuucked Ottawa.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Welcome to your home, Ottawa

Xtanstic posted:

Canada's team is where it belongs

Canada's team got eliminated in the first round. Ottawa is just sort of there.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Sens 100% did not lose because of reffing.

With that out of the way, I never want to watch another series reffed like this. The trap is one thing, but the fact they didn't call anything the past two games when there was interference and holding on every shift was a joke. This game was particularly bad. Ottawa was draped all over Crosby, Pageau had a breakaway taken away with hooks, and again, there was interference on every single play.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

flakeloaf posted:

The team that was supposed to finish tenth in the conference finished third overall. As much as I want to be disappointed by the way they played in this OT, or annoyed that somehow the loving penguins are going to yet another SCF in one of the worst officiated series of hockey to be played, nobody who follows the Sens has any right to be upset with this amazing run.

Still mad about Ducks/Oilers? Yeah me too.

Go preds.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kalenn Istarion posted:

There is no Canada's team but it especially doesn't come from Ontario.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Welcome to your home, Ottawa

Calgary? I wouldn't call them Canada's team.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Yeah Montreal should have put up more of a fight to get to round 2 but c'est la vie. :)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Jordan7hm posted:

Sens 100% did not lose because of reffing.

With that out of the way, I never want to watch another series reffed like this. The trap is one thing, but the fact they didn't call anything the past two games when there was interference and holding on every shift was a joke. This game was particularly bad. Ottawa was draped all over Crosby, Pageau had a breakaway taken away with hooks, and again, there was interference on every single play.

Basically this. It's not "ragh the refs we lost" because nobody wants to win like that either, it's "ragh playoff officiating, while routinely poo poo, was garbage poo poo in a puke toilet fire in this particular series". Calvinball on ice is great action and all but still, gently caress.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

yellowcar posted:

Yeah Montreal should have put up more of a fight to get to round 2 but c'est la vie. :)

More of a 'fight' you say? *signs more grinders and punchymans*

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Fact: These playoffs are bad and annoying.
Fact: The Red Wings did not make the playoffs this year.

Is there a connection? I dunno. I'm not saying there is -- but there probably is. :shrug:

Fire Holland.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

More of a 'fight' you say? *signs more grinders and punchymans*

*concusses the entire league to a Cup*

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if Melnyk gets rid of Boucher after a losing bad attendance streak.

It's awesome how far they made it, but the bad hockey is still going to be bad hockey next season. How much is winning worth if you can't sell out playoff games?

e: also I am looking forward to the disappointment of a Pyatt re-signing

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Let's Go Nashville

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

VJeff posted:

Fact: These playoffs are bad and annoying.
Fact: The Red Wings did not make the playoffs this year.

Is there a connection? I dunno. I'm not saying there is -- but there probably is. :shrug:

Fire Holland.

Only the Eastern half has been bad. Nashville winning the West has been extremely cool and good.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I love Boucher and I hope #TheSystem continues to thrive under Colin White and Chabot next season.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Infidel Castro posted:

Only the Eastern half has been bad. Nashville winning the West has been extremely cool and good.

Specifically the Atlantic.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

yellowcar posted:

*concusses the entire league to a Cup*

I mean given how much the refs swallow their whistle, playing a hyper dirty version of hockey is a reasonable strategy provided you have the skill to balance it out. Look at the Ducks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jordan7hm posted:

It's awesome how far they made it, but the bad hockey is still going to be bad hockey next season. How much is winning worth if you can't sell out playoff games?

e: also I am looking forward to the disappointment of a Pyatt re-signing

20 games of some empty seats is better than 7 or less.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

There is no Canada's team but it especially doesn't come from Ontario.

This. This isn't like the MLB or NBA where there's only 1 Canadian team, therefore they're defaulted to as "Canada's Team". You can't define one of the seven Canadian teams in the NHL as "Canada's Team". That's not how it works.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I was being sarcastic about 'Canada's team'.

Even for the MLB and NBA I find it distasteful to root for a Toronto professional sports team.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Infidel Castro posted:

Where the Red Wings play. QED, friendo. :smug:

yellowcar posted:

Specifically the Atlantic.

Metro got pretty loving bad after the first round.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

20 games of some empty seats is better than 7 or less.

41 games of many empty seats

I am thrilled to have been able to watch the Sens make it to double OT in a game 7 conference final, but I still wouldn't pay for a regular season Sens game with Boucher coaching.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jordan7hm posted:

41 games of many empty seats

I am thrilled to have been able to watch the Sens make it to double OT in a game 7 conference final, but I still wouldn't pay for a regular season Sens game with Boucher coaching.

It's a weak team in an area that can't even make a McDonalds and Walmart successful, the seats will be empty.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Jordan7hm posted:

That's a whole nother discussion but it has just as much to do with Gene being a whiny, allegedly drunken and yelly, unlikeable fuckhammer as it does about people's disinterest in driving out past the totally navigable waters of the Booniefuck River to watch the likes of dat guy there eh and the other fella and $7M Dion Phaneuf do the one-tree-one against the Avalanche in late February. It's only in the last few months that personnel decisions have threatened ot make sense, and even then I'd still happily argue Brass for Zibby and ask you where the hell Chris Kelly came from. The memory of yelling at our televisions over some of the poo poo Murray laid on us in the last few years is still fresh.

Season ticket holders make great playoff fans. We'll see if a narrow but deserved ECF loss can cook some up for us. Hopefully before the love affair ends and people remember what Guy Boucher tells teams with marginal defensemen to do.

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 26, 2017

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

VJeff posted:

Metro got pretty loving bad after the first round.

The Atlantic has been bad since the start of the season.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yellowcar posted:

The Atlantic has been bad since the start of the season.

Can't argue that!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

flakeloaf posted:

That's a whole nother discussion but it has just as much to do with Gene being a whiny, allegedly drunken and yelly, unlikeable fuckhammer as it does about people's disinterest in driving out past the totally navigable waters of the Booniefuck River to watch the likes of dat guy there eh and the other fella and $7M Dion Phaneuf do the one-tree-one against the Avalanche in late February. It's only in the last few months that personnel decisions have threatened ot make sense, and even then I'd still happily argue Brass for Zibby and ask you where the hell Chris Kelly came from. The memory of yelling at our televisions over some of the poo poo Murray laid on us in the last few years is still fresh.

Season ticket holders make great playoff fans. We'll see if a narrow but deserved ECF loss can cook some up for us.

The Kanata reason doesn't really jive with me though. The arena has always been there (well, not always, but for a long time). If anything even more people live out there. That seems very much like a "Sens hoping for a new arena downtown" driven message.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Congratulations to the Ottawa Senators for a three week stretch where they, uh [looks at goal differential, scoring chances, and regulation wins] performed almost as well as the Vancouver Canucks.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

flakeloaf posted:

That's a whole nother discussion but it has just as much to do with Gene being a whiny, allegedly drunken and yelly, unlikeable fuckhammer

God I hope he drives Karlsson away

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Atlantic has been bad since they put Detroit in it.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

Congratulations to the Ottawa Senators for a three week stretch where they, uh [looks at goal differential, scoring chances, and regulation wins] performed almost as well as the Vancouver Canucks.

Harsh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Now that the threat of the Senators three stoogesing their way to a Cup is past, I'm looking forwards to Melnyk and Dorion going all in on this group.

• Locked thread