Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

TildeATH posted:

As opposed to corporate whores?

Our record is good so far! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Native Corp. The Japanese corp is going to treat us like garbage and the Nuge is a has been.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

TildeATH posted:

As opposed to corporate whores?

Native and burn the corporations to the grouuuuuund!

As opposed to literally anyone else, yes

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Dong Quixote posted:

Native Corp. The Japanese corp is going to treat us like garbage and the Nuge is a has been.

Japanese corp also pays far and away the most.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Quinntan posted:

Japanese corp also pays far and away the most.

Look man I'd rather commit warcrimes on my feet than get rich on my knees.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I find it amusing that a number of the people who were all "We're mercenaries guys, we only care about cash" when some of us refused Desantos offer of 200million are picking the option that promises to pay the least. :smuggo:

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Dong Quixote posted:

Look man I'd rather commit warcrimes on my feet than get rich on my knees.

we can use the money to commit bigger warcrimes later.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I find it amusing that a number of the people who were all "We're mercenaries guys, we only care about cash" when some of us refused Desantos offer of 200million are picking the option that promises to pay the least. :smuggo:

There's more to life than money--there's character, there's strength of heart, there's napalming the Nuge and annihilating corporate wageslaves.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sponsored by Vitaminwater still says BSNC.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Yooper posted:

Mitsuhashi

The Japanese conglomerate has operations on the Russian side of the Bering strait. The airfields, at first simple and utilitarian, are now fairly well appointed. Intel shows new radar systems going into action after the EMP smoked them all. The massive processing ships are still being worked, it's a race against the clock, as tides and waves batter the mechanical monsters. The fragile automated ships are fried from front to back. Now Mitsuhashi is oddly reliant on hundreds of small fishing boats (~50m) to bring, and transport the catch to canneries along the coast.

Still prideful. Still on top of the high mountain. To them we are but servants, to be told what to do, and paid accordingly. Our services will be used to protect the repair operations, strike land targets, and patrol the seas for incoming threats. They cannot suffer another event like the EMP.

I don't feel like going bankrupt from not getting paid. And I definitely don't feel like getting smoked by an Aegis destroyer.

We have a force that's perfect for slapping around anemone air forces and hordes of light attack ships (Brimstones and Mavericks, anyone?)

Quinntan posted:

Using the example of our operations in Angola, let's try to figure out the impact halving our destructobux will have.

During the Angolan campaign, we flew six missions for which we have detailed expenditure and income reports (First Impressions, Black Diamond, Grognard, Golgotha, Gatecrasher and Finest Hour). These profit and loss reports don't account for airframe losses, however. In Angola, we had an income of $619,400,000, of which mission payouts consisted of $95,000,000 and destructobux consisted of $524,000,000. We had expenditures of $289,281,000 on ammunition and fuel, and we also lost aircraft worth a total of $119,600,000, for a total net gain of $210,519,000. However, if we account for halving the destructobux, we come out with a net loss of $51,681,000.

We'll never be able to buy a bote if we make losses

Seriously, this. The Natives might be the most fun option, but they can't pay us.

I for one, would like to be able to buy a MEKO frigate.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
I kinda like the idea of us starting off with a lovely boat we yoinked from the Japanese. It shall be the humble beginnings for our might sea fleet.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

David Corbett posted:

Only 8,000 people live on the Aleutian islands, and they're spread over a land area half of the size of Belgium. I'm not sure exactly what we hope to gain by their support.
Who knows? But I'll tell you what support we'll get post-theater courtesy of Mitsuhashi: nothing. As far as they're concerned, we're expendable gaijin hirelings.

quote:

Even if we somehow assumed that every Native American in Alaska was cool with secession, that leaves us with, uh, 110,000 people. Don't ask me where they'd live. That's hardly enough for a functioning country. We can safely assume that the rest of Alaska is not on board, given that they currently make up one of the three factions in theatre.
Given the mineral wealth (and when properly managed, the biological wealth) of Alaska, there's enough to grow on. And I thought Iceberg wasn't actually Alaskan, just out-of-staters looking to make money.

quote:

I'm just saying that armed minority ethnic separatist movements have a terrible track record with respect to such things as human rights" or "success". As, for that matter, do armed American secessionist movements. Especially, one presumes, would be armed American secessionist movements operating in direct contravention to United Nations mandates.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Also, it's a multi-ethnic secessionist group.

quote:

One presumes that we could have enjoyed tacit Chinese support (provided that they were willing to start the third world war, which in India they weren't), except that they hate our guts and want to see us dead.

No use crying over freed Tibetans. Besides, I bet South Korea at least would be more than happy to see some Japanese taken down a peg.

quote:

The other two options are much safer, and Mitsuhashi has the most votes.
One of those options has us required to follow the orders of people who know nothing about warfare with exacting precision and no room for our own judgement, and the other leaves us beholden to the crazed whims of a washed-up musician. Neither of these is really a fit for our preferred style wherein we're given general objectives and the operational freedom necessary to best achieve them. The natives at least recognize that if they're hiring someone to fight their war for them they should let those people determine how best to fight the war.

As for the votes, that remains to be seen.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

The Sandman posted:

One of those options has us required to follow the orders of people who know nothing about warfare with exacting precision and no room for our own judgement, and the other leaves us beholden to the crazed whims of a washed-up musician. Neither of these is really a fit for our preferred style wherein we're given general objectives and the operational freedom necessary to best achieve them. The natives at least recognize that if they're hiring someone to fight their war for them they should let those people determine how best to fight the war.

Being beholden to the orders of a company that doesn't really know what it's doing does impose some interesting challenges for us. We're likely to see tougher missions than normal, and I for one would like to plan operations with those sorts of challenges. It'd be far more interesting than "OOPS WE HAVE NO MONEY WE CAN'T AFFORD BOMBS LOL".

The natives are in no position to actually fight or, more importantly for us, finance the war.

IF WE WORK FOR THE NATIVES, WE WILL GET HOSED

Quinntan fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 26, 2017

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

On the other hand, the only thing better than buying a boat is stealing a boat, and we aren't going to get away with stealing one from our employer. Working for the natives means we potentially can jack something actually kind of decent, and given the prices of those things that might singlehandedly cover any financial opportunity costs.

Alaska for the Alaskans. The original ones.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A native Alaska for native Alaskans.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Natives. let's do it

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

The Sandman posted:

Actually unless I've terribly miscounted the Natives have maintained a fairly healthy lead.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

power crystals posted:

On the other hand, the only thing better than buying a boat is stealing a boat, and we aren't going to get away with stealing one from our employer. Working for the natives means we potentially can jack something actually kind of decent, and given the prices of those things that might singlehandedly cover any financial opportunity costs.

So you're suggesting we try (we may well fail, after all) to steal a boat to make up for the inevitable massive financial losses we will incur...

The mind boggles.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Quinntan posted:

So you're suggesting we try (we may well fail, after all) to steal a boat to make up for the inevitable massive financial losses we will incur...

The mind boggles.

This sort of thinking occurs on every scale of human endeavour. One is forced to wonder at some point whether most of humanity is malicious or foolish.

E/N - Sim Warfare Making Me Despair for Humanity :negative:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Quinntan posted:

The mind boggles.

it will be the perfect crime

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

sebmojo posted:

If we're motivated by the need to keep our accountant from killing us, we will achieve the greatest of wonders.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

sebmojo posted:

It'll be even more perfect when the ship we're trying to steal is at the bottom of the ocean along with a bunch of our fighters.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Quinntan posted:

It'd be far more interesting than "OOPS WE HAVE NO MONEY WE CAN'T AFFORD BOMBS LOL".

OR ! That could happen because some fuckstain in middle management didn't properly support the "get bombs to the mercs" project. Forget working for Mitsuhashi, we'd have as much freedom of action as a minimum wage retail worker,

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

mllaneza posted:

OR ! That could happen because some fuckstain in middle management didn't properly support the "get bombs to the mercs" project. Forget working for Mitsuhashi, we'd have as much freedom of action as a minimum wage retail worker,

We'd be responsible for our own supply, like in Angola and Tibet.

We'd also be far better paid (and actually able to afford our ordnance) working for Mitsushita.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Argh I'm really torn. On the one hand down with Capitalism and the Nuge.

On the other hand, Capitalism pays our bills, and working for the Japanese still means we get to screw with Ted.

Screw it I'm going Ace Combat on this....

Back of the Coin, support the Natives!

*edit* Changed my vote

Renaissance Spam fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 26, 2017

omegasgundam
Mar 30, 2010
Quick question, but the CMANO engine hard limits load-out options right? So we can't have the Saudi Tornado's use 1000lbs bombs other than the lovely British Mk13? The Brimstones more than make up for it, but It would be nice to have the option to use the objectively better US Mk83 family.

EDIT: While we're on the subject of Tornado's, why do none of the load-outs have more than 2 guided AtG munitions? Is it an aircraft limitation?

omegasgundam fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 26, 2017

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

vote natives!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Considering their 'best lobbyists in the world' I'm sure we'll find a few opportunities for supplemental income with the natives if we end up there.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
Vote Mitsu, Vote Bote!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Natives, because the world is going shadowrun and that needs inexplicably powerful native american nations as much as it needs corporate skulduggery

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Natives.

Mitsu thinks it can blackmail us. Nuke them.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Loel posted:

Im voting preferentially and you cant stop me

1. Mitsuhashi
2. Nativecorp
3. Go rogue
4. Iceberg

Yeah fuckit, there's no way the Nuge will win so he goes on the bottom of my list too. However, I made one slight alteration
1. Go rogue
2. Mitsuhashi
3. Nativecorp
4. Iceberg

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

NewMars posted:

Natives.

Mitsu thinks it can blackmail us. Nuke them.

Mitsuhashi is not Mitsubishi. :ssh:

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Self hatred, ethnic cleansing and making enemies with the US and Japan and Mitsuhashi over getting paid, eh?

Well, Yooper's a good GM, he'll make it workable somehow.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 07:28 on May 26, 2017

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Mitsuhashi is not Mitsubishi. :ssh:

No, but Yooper said that they're connected, so we can probably expect some complication from that angle.
E:

Yooper posted:

Correct. These are not the same corporations.

But... because the way Japanese corporations ended up congolmeratizing post WW2 up until the 1990's (did I just make up that word?) Mitsuhashi and Mitsubishi likely own shares in each other. Expect shenanigans.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Presuming the Natives do win the vote, what exactly do we get paid with to cover operational losses, munitions, and replacement planes or equipment upgrades if they can't even really give us bonus payments (I think the OP says as much) and limited bases to operate out of? Not saying it can't work, just that financing's gonna have to come from somewhere!

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Didn't someone say this native secessionist group was multiethnic?
That's not what Yooper's post looked like, but even if not they're no doubt chasing out the majority of the population which means genocide.

That said I'm voting 1. Mitsuhashi.
Secondary vote: 2. Going Rogue

wedgekree posted:

Presuming the Natives do win the vote, what exactly do we get paid with to cover operational losses, munitions, and replacement planes or equipment upgrades if they can't even really give us bonus payments (I think the OP says as much) and limited bases to operate out of? Not saying it can't work, just that financing's gonna have to come from somewhere!

It's coming from their 11,000 personal accounts? If every single native supports this and gave 10,000 to the cause, including the children, that's 110 million for the entire campaign. :v:

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 07:27 on May 26, 2017

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

wedgekree posted:

Hopes and dreams. Seriously. If we'd half the destructobux in Angola, we'd have had to sell off some Gripens to pay out the dividend, never mind being able to buy new ones.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Maybe they can pay us in Shadowrun magic and control the weather for us in future campaigns?

Thankfully the GM is too competent to leave Hayard Gunnes broke and friendless as a consequence. He's the one who put it down as an option after all, there must be a way to make it work, even if it's pants on fire insane.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 07:40 on May 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We have freedom to pick our targets, but we have to do it on a tight budget.