Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

My vault's pretty much full of stuff from when I freshly hit 400.

Just tons of "well, this is good infusion fodder, better save it if I get a good roll from an engram"

Now I just don't want to bother cleaning it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I've taken to destroying things in my immediate inventory for glimmer/space /parts. It's liberating since I only use certain things all the time anyway. gently caress snipers, I'll fusion in special and heavy forever. They best not have hosed up vooping in 2.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

DrNutt posted:

When RoI rolled around I did a massive vault cleaning and the only y1 stuff I kept were my original faction cloaks, original hunter armor set, og Khostov, Vestian Dynasty, and my BTRD. And I still thought that was an awful lot of stuff to keep around for sentimental reasons.

Of course, other than the BTRD I never had any of the crazy y1 god roll things.

I kept my final round sniper because that thing harvested more tears then anything else I've ever owned.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I kept an NA3D1 from HoW (still best scout anywhere for its base stats alone), a Low-Down P-XIV, with RB/CC/CB, a Split Shifter Pro with a nice roll and good scopes (OAS+more), even though it TECHNICALLY blows, and yeah the BTRD.

Sometimes, on weird moonless nights, I mutate and spend a ton of motes re-rolling the scout and the btrd until I cook up a fun-looking monster

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Waffle House posted:

I kept an NA3D1 from HoW (still best scout anywhere for its base stats alone),

Base stats and name. "NA3D1 Salvation State". Sounds like a Jamaican music group mimicking a religious cult.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Red Bars Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Iron Banner Like Nigga Go To Orbit Haha

-- somebody, somewhere; maybe.

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 26, 2017

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Tei posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Red Bars Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Iron Banner Like Nigga Close Your Activity Haha

-- somebody, somewhere; maybe.

Lol

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Year 1 stuff I've kept
- Calcutta
- 2 Her Beni's (one QD one Rifled)
- BTRD
- Hey Mercy (Rifled, Icarus, LitC)
- PI
- Shadow of Veils

Plus a ton of cool Y2/3 weapons that all get used. For a game about guns it's pretty retarded to use the same small group of them.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
The uncommon OG Queen's Wrath weapons and gently caress Bungie for not resurrecting the queen's guard ship.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

You can still get the Queens ship from the rep packages

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

The Duke posted:

You can still get the Queens ship from the rep packages

Oohhhh thaaanks gently caress, good to know.
Was it reintroduced with RoI?

Thanks for giving me a dragon to chase (even if that means to kill taken in patrols).

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

limaCAT posted:

The uncommon OG Queen's Wrath weapons and gently caress Bungie for not resurrecting the queen's guard ship.

Wow really? You might be the only person in the world with those

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I held onto them for so long :rip:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I still have a Stalker BNGL

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I have the vanguard HoW era rerollable auto rifle.

NL shadow year 1 rerollable. Currently has full auto and explosive rounds. Couple of other guns that can be re rolled cuz its unique.

Destiny 2 has weapon mod slots. I hope these can be used to make guns full auto. I hate mashing triggers

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

I hate mashing triggers

:thunk:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
What kinda mouse are you using

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I still have a silimar's wrath, which isn't as good as it used to be but is still fun to shoot, and a three little words which is a parthian shot class pulse that feels better.

Got my felwinter's lie, the gun that ruined the shotgun meta forever. And a perun's fire which is a prime example of how lovely year one fusions were. It doesn't kill anything, it just sprays hot jizz in an enemy's general direction and maybe annoys them a little bit.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

What kinda mouse are you using

Just a pretty bog standard death adder

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
Can you still do normal prison and get rerollable guns? If so, is the perk pool still broken for them (as in getting perk combos on guns that can't drop that way, anymore)?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's because the deathadder is the best mouse.. IN THE WORLD.

:jeremyclarkson:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sweet, I told my wife to get me a XIM for my birthday, and that was the mouse I was looking at. Anyone have experience using one of those keypad dealies instead of a keyboard? I am Super Bad at using WASD movement so I'm looking at one with an analog stick. The XIM will use pretty much any USB control device you can throw at it, correct?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Xim does have a compatibility list, most stuff works but you should check anyways just to be sure.

I use a 1/2 keyboard I got off amazon.. the space bar is kind of junk but you get used to it after a while.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GE5Y41A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, perfect. Looks like the one I've been looking at is compatible, and there's even a little note there that says it recognizes it as a joystick, which I assume is a plus as some of the keypads I've looked at say the joystick isn't capable of analog movement. Don't know why you'd even put one on there if it didn't work as one. Here's the one I'm looking at:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001...hk8L&ref=plSrch

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If all you want is a thumbstick, the playstation move navigation controller is supposedly a really good option too.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Spiv posted:

Can you still do normal prison and get rerollable guns? If so, is the perk pool still broken for them (as in getting perk combos on guns that can't drop that way, anymore)?

The HoW Queen's weapons still drop from the old prison and can be rerolled. Most are poo but the Beni and Mercy can get some work done.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

If all you want is a thumbstick, the playstation move navigation controller is supposedly a really good option too.

Move controller was definitely on my short list, I think it would easily be the most comfortable option, but the lack of buttons is a killer. I'm having a hard time imagining that there are enough buttons between the move controller and that mouse to cover all the inputs, but I did a little searching and there are definitely people using move + mouse to play Destiny. I guess I could probably just buy a cheap old move controller and try it out for myself, I bet they have em at the Entertainmart for like $5.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Year 1 stuff I've kept
- Calcutta
- 2 Her Beni's (one QD one Rifled)
- BTRD
- Hey Mercy (Rifled, Icarus, LitC)
- PI
- Shadow of Veils

SS, Icarus, Rifled, LitC. Love this thing. It does ghost a bit compared to a rifled RF 'Luna or Pali but still very reliable.

SG, QD, HH. Before the Special nerf this was my go to sniper for all things snipe.

LV10, Rifled, HH. Now that special is deemphasized I run this. 90 range plus the AA bonus of HH and LV10. Clunky but doesn't miss.

Difficult to use, slow, horrible scope. Great wtf factor

SG, Replenish, PB. Crispy sniper still. Replenish is a legit good special perk these days.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like this'un, it's the only non raid weapon I kept from Y1

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Beni's own. Never been a huge fan of Unflinching though.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

CheeseFactory posted:

Wow really? You might be the only person in the world with those

My destiny is to be destiny's garbage collector

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Beni's own. Never been a huge fan of Unflinching though.

Yeah, I was pretty bummed when somebody much better than I am explained that UF was pretty much a wasted perk on that gun. I never got a better one though, and HH/Snapshot/LV10 was still a killer combo, god drat that gun served me well :clint:

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!
Just preordered D2 and now hibernating again until beta starts and divorce is finalized.

Just realized I haven't determined who gets the xbone yet. :cry:

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Having read the TWAB, some of the GDC talk on how destiny's networking works, and having watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTH2ZPgYujQ youtube of Blizzard devs talking about overwatch netcode (pre-release), it seems like Destiny 2 networking should be closer to have Overwatch works. I'm not sure I have a ton of faith in Bungie (nor should we), but I feel better about it than I did last week. That being said, I would love this level of transparency.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Neep posted:

Just preordered D2 and now hibernating again until beta starts and divorce is finalized.

Just realized I haven't determined who gets the xbone yet. :cry:

Well, at least you'll have time to play.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
It does sound like you won't be able to choose your server, though, so you may still get matched up against people from god knows where.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

OdinsBeard posted:

It does sound like you won't be able to choose your server, though, so you may still get matched up against people from god knows where.

Which will always be the problem with matchmaking, regardless of what the underlying system is.

Maybe the "fix" is to blacklist any IP not in the continental US on your router. :v:

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

xzzy posted:

Which will always be the problem with matchmaking, regardless of what the underlying system is.

Maybe the "fix" is to blacklist any IP not in the continental US on your router. :v:

Well Luke Smith is claiming they're going back to more connection based matchmaking:

Luke Smith posted:

And we’re also going to rechange the parameters for matchmaking, to refocus on connection quality instead of like Trials win matching.

I guess we'll see, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Choosing your server from a browser sounds like some Pc garbage to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i would like a tick box that says "games on this continent plz tia"