Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

NoWake posted:

Belongs in the OSHA thread:

Should this be a gif?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Memento posted:

Should this be a gif?

Look to the right of the pedestrian sign.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I just see a guy on a ladder on the sidewalk. I usually put cones out when I do this at work, but people ignore them anyway.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Raluek posted:

The welding appears to be on the casing, in the background of the photo. So the full welding current has to go through the bearing to get from the shaft to the case.

Gotcha. It looked to me like the welding was on a rotating (along with the center of the shaft) part.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

slidebite posted:

Here is a photo I took on the job yesterday. I would not expect everyone to get it, but what's wrong with this picture and why?

e: Also, WTF? Chris Cornell? Didn't see that coming. :(

Those augers ready for hard facing?

MrYenko posted:

Do you find yourself able to NOT making drilling jokes when you hit on girls?

Drillers go deep. Thats my motto.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I don't know anything about anything but here's some twisted metal:

https://imgur.com/gallery/bXJup

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

StormDrain posted:

I don't know anything about anything but here's some twisted metal:

https://imgur.com/gallery/bXJup

Holy gently caress. :stare:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Drag line go boom!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

:stare: structural carnage there, I bet that needed some work before it was even straight enough to repair.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

cakesmith handyman posted:

:stare: structural carnage there, I bet that needed some work before it was even straight enough to repair.

Not even sure where you'd start. Not like you can just use a sledgehammer to pound 1.5" thick steel plate flat and then stick weld it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I think you start with a cutting torch, a shipyard and a crane.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The Locator posted:

Not even sure where you'd start. Not like you can just use a sledgehammer to pound 1.5" thick steel plate flat and then stick weld it.

retsaoter posted:

How long until the engineers have a plan and time table to get it back in service?

bbrown4804 posted:

Engineers! Ha! Those guys are clueless scaredy cats when it comes to poo poo like this. With the help of 2 100 ton rams we pushed the shaft And lower swing bearing up and took it out of the loop. It has three other swingers still. We dropped the pinion down into the change out hole. She was swinging again in under 24 hours.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

quote:

Holy-o fuckballs she's dickered good'n'proper

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

While browsing related images on imgur:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

MrYenko posted:

While browsing related images on imgur:

Whats the big deal? Thats how you detach the piston from the connecting rod.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'm most surprised those aren't self-tappers.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Thumbnail on phone looks like it's a 4 valve that's lost its valves and punched divot in the piston.

Enlarge and holy poo poo it's even worse.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
What are those? I'm guessing throttle plate screws that didn't get peened?

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
It looks to me like someone used a plate and some screws to hold a cracked piston together. Christ on a crutch.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I hope those are drywall screws.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I hope he had no idea what they were because they were leftover from a long-forgotten project and stuffed into a tiny organizer drawer in the garage, where they spent several years hanging out with screws of various shapes and sizes.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Five screws with four different thread pitches. The fifth is actually a rivet hoping no-one notices.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
That picture is made up, iirc.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I want to believe

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
http://i.imgur.com/n9YSLMp.mp4

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

:stonklol:

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
The throwout bearing that came out of my truck sounded like a maraca. Hard to hear over the motor which is why it got to that point but no harm done thankfully. This is also the first time I've been glad that it's RWD.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Ferremit posted:

Thats an odd place to keep a chainsaw file...

So we've got this little mini skid steer at work. Looks like this.

Davros branching out into construction I see

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

1, that's scary as poo poo, looks like it's ready to jump out to either side at any second; 2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

I was behind a old Bronco one day and the body was at least 10 degrees out of alignment with the direction of travel in every single dimension.

lordofthefishes
Mar 30, 2008

01000111 01010010 01000101 01000101 01010100 01001001 01001110 01000111 01010011 00100000 01000110 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 01010111 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110 01000001 01000100 01001001 01000001 01001110 01010011

I didn't know quadrasteer was available so recently! :downsrim:

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

lordofthefishes posted:

I didn't know quadrasteer was available so recently! :downsrim:

That is actually the generation of truck that had Quadrasteer available. That's a '99-07 body and Quadrasteer was offered from '02-05.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

From the whacked right rear fender I'd say that thing got hit to dogtrack like that. Hopefully Texas' finest put a stop to that poo poo quickly.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

It almost looks like the axle got knocked loose and is just kinda.. there... by gravity alone.

:stonkhat:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

BloodBag posted:

From the whacked right rear fender I'd say that thing got hit to dogtrack like that. Hopefully Texas' finest put a stop to that poo poo quickly.

This is Texas. By the looks of it, somewhere in central Texas. Once a year, he drives that truck as straight as he can into some shady mechanic to get it "inspected."

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

It almost looks like the axle got knocked loose and is just kinda.. there... by gravity alone.

:stonkhat:

That's what I'm thinking. That rear axle isn't connected to the spring on the right side. I'm mildly amazed it made it to highway speeds without the other u-bolt twisting in half.

edit: also amazed that the driveshaft hasn't made an escape. The slip-joint can't be hanging on by more than a sliver.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Stolen from Imgur
"1000 horsepower 1975 Toyota Celica drag car"

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Sadly i didn't get a picture but UPS just delivered a package and something was off about the car. so i told the guy "Uh your shocks' loose" "Oh yeah it rattles a bit, dont worry about it" "No i mean its loose. The bolt sheared off. Its freely swinging under the car"
Great thing is he had it in for service because of the rattling sound a couple days earlier and they couldn't find anything wrong with it...
Didn't stop him from blasting of and doing the rest of his deliveries either...

djhaloeight
Jan 23, 2007

techno mafia.
At work, just a few moments ago

Whoops

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

That looks like an expensive coil. Ally?