Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I just saw that both Meloetta (both Formes) is also NU now, so that's another 600 BST one to keep Necrozma company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Wait that thing is 600 bst? Meloetta?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

all the mews have 100 base in every stat

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oh victini is the mew

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
what's cute is that Mew, Deoxys and Necrozma are like triplets in terms of 600 BST and mono-Psychic typing, but the first is UU, the second is Uber and the third is NU

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Typing, movepool, and ability are collectively about twenty times more important than stats which is why Breloom and Kyurem B are in the same tier

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Even within the realm of stats, distribution matters way more than total. Attack stats of 140 and 40 is a million times better than 100 and 100.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I am Reverend posted:

Typing, movepool, and ability are collectively about twenty times more important than stats which is why Breloom and Kyurem B are in the same tier

No, it makes sense that an electric-ice dragon god fusion abomination of science would have roughly the same ability and destructive capacity as a mushroom that punches people.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
A mushroom that quickly punches people and can always put them to sleep. :colbert:

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Straight White Shark posted:

Even within the realm of stats, distribution matters way more than total. Attack stats of 140 and 40 is a million times better than 100 and 100.

Yeah and even then stats kind of scale differently, where straight 100s in attack / special attack / speed makes you below average at all 3 but straight 100s in hp / defense / special defense is actually incredible. But then you still have to actually wall something useful, which makes weird situations where like alolan muk is ranked higher in viability in ubers than in its own tier because having Mega Gengar and Mewtwo around make its niche of pursuit trapping special attackers without being weak to any common coverage moves actually relevant enough for it to be worth using, even though it's going to be useless the other 95% of the time. Also for a couple gens Alomomola was equally as viable in like all four tiers lol

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 24, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I heard that one of the reasons Necrozma is in NU is because how good Necrozma is doesn't really change with tier at all.

Also Pokeaim recorded a Balanced Hackmons video and discovered that there's no Sleep Clause you so you can actually just use Prankster Spore on whatever you want. The format is very badly named, and also very dumb. Naturally a lot of people chimed in with comments saying the team he was playing with was complete garbage made with no care towards the top threats of BH at all, because a lot of people sure seem to care about this format where Contrary Choice Band V-Create Primal Groudon and Sheer Force Life Orb Mega Mewtwo Y are just perfectly normal parts of the metagame and Imposter Eviolite Chansey is the "safety valve" that keeps the format in check.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Ultima66 posted:

I heard that one of the reasons Necrozma is in NU is because how good Necrozma is doesn't really change with tier at all.

Also Pokeaim recorded a Balanced Hackmons video and discovered that there's no Sleep Clause you so you can actually just use Prankster Spore on whatever you want. The format is very badly named, and also very dumb. Naturally a lot of people chimed in with comments saying the team he was playing with was complete garbage made with no care towards the top threats of BH at all, because a lot of people sure seem to care about this format where Contrary Choice Band V-Create Primal Groudon and Sheer Force Life Orb Mega Mewtwo Y are just perfectly normal parts of the metagame and Imposter Eviolite Chansey is the "safety valve" that keeps the format in check.
BH was super fun back when it was an untamed wilderness of crazy new ideas. Now it's every reason to avoid competitive play, amplified.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Dizz posted:

None of them were good. just give me little chat rooms where i can run around and chat with peeps and trade/battle.

Maybe having a pokemon you can let out and interact with others would be a cool idea too.

Chat? As in, actually talk to other people and not just use canned phrases? A ha, ha, hahahahahahaha!

I loving wish. It'd make trading a million times easier. Non-Wonder Trading with strangers is loving painful when you can't tell each other what you're looking for.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Diet Poison posted:

Non-Wonder Trading with strangers is loving painful when you can't tell each other what you're looking for.

This. So difficult. It's why I never both with anything besides wonder trade / GTS. Being able to say "Hey, do you have X to trade?" would be so wonderful, but I get that Nintendo might be nervous about putting chat with stranger capabilities in a game that is marketed towards minors.

Even having pictograms or something where you could throw up a photo of a 'mon with a ? beside it to hint that you'd looking for it, and a thumbs up / thumbs down button. Oh well.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
this is art

https://twitter.com/Love_ani_Rank/status/865206884441182208

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

slowbro, the NU threat

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

porygon2, NU final boss

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Best Pokémon: Gulpin.

Worst Pokémon: anything that ends in -rus.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Bogart posted:

Best Pokémon: Gulpin.

Worst Pokémon: anything that ends in -rus.

I'll not have you besmirch the name of my good friend Haxorus :colbert:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
There are only 4 mons whose names end in -rus: Haxorus, Thundurus, Landorus and Aurorus

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Years of ou Stockholm syndrome have left me unable to dislike landorus. He's a good kitty and works very hard.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
:same: except I didn't have to Stockholm Syndrome myself into it, it was love at first sight

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

I am Reverend posted:

Years of ou Stockholm syndrome have left me unable to dislike landorus. He's a good kitty and works very hard.

I love Landorus-T because I was using him a ton in the month or so when the general consensus on Smogon was "10 less speed? poo poo, awful, won't use."

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i don't like lando's awful tail and i can look past his dumb hair. 7.5/10

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

oddium posted:

Would it be better if I told you that was his dick in Incarnate form?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

the vid in your av was taken down

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

i happen to be an incredible genius http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-581708611

bisharp is the coolest pokemon they ever made by far. it's just made out of knives and poo poo.

discuss

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 26, 2017

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
why did he toxic when both your remaining poke's were steel

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

mandatory lesbian posted:

why did he toxic when both your remaining poke's were steel

Sucker Punch mind games

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I don't know much about competition and mind games or nothin, but 6.02x10^23 is a top tier name.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That wasn't mind games that was just bad.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

sucker punch and the berry mixer minigame in rse are the only good things about pokemon and if you think any other part of it is enjoyable you're deluding yourself

also i thought he was going to sucker punch me

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

This week's anime episode involved baseball and OH BOY did the animators get up to some pretty great shenanigans there.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Strange thought I had: Would Conkeldurr be better or worse if it was Fighting/Normal?

On one hand, Ghost immunity and a pretty decent second STAB. On the other hand, Fighting weakness.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Can we talk about Magikarp Jump here? Because it's a great way to kill time and Magikarp. I've murdered three!

Free app is free, or you can pay money for extras. But why would you pay money to murder fish?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I am Reverend posted:

i happen to be an incredible genius http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-581708611

bisharp is the coolest pokemon they ever made by far. it's just made out of knives and poo poo.

discuss

It's always a treat when someone else also puts in effort to give good nicknames.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Nethilia posted:

Can we talk about Magikarp Jump here? Because it's a great way to kill time and Magikarp. I've murdered three!

Free app is free, or you can pay money for extras. But why would you pay money to murder fish?

The first Magikarp that got blown up surprised the hell out of me, up to that point there's no warning you can accidentally kill your Pokémon. It's a stupid and shallow and repetitive game and I've still trained up 9 of the little bastards with no sign of slowing. Long live Magikrap IX! I'm still waiting to see whether someone else figures out what decorations and/or assists are worth buying, stockpiling diamonds until the Internet does my work for me.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ConanThe3rd posted:

This week's anime episode involved baseball and OH BOY did the animators get up to some pretty great shenanigans there.

Baseball episodes are always good, at least the ones I've watched.

Edit: wait how long does the baseball game last?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Baseball episodes are always good, at least the ones I've watched.

Edit: wait how long does the baseball game last?

Pretty sure it's the focus of the entire episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

this magikarp game kicks rear end