Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

GamePro gave Castlevania 64 a 90. What the gently caress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
LamePro

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Remember Scary Larry and Sushi-X?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I remember one of the writers for Nintendo Power always used a slime plush for his picture

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I remember when Nintendo Power interviewed Bruce Campbell and then-rising star John Cena at the same E3.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

:tootzzz: :geno: :shobon: :D :hawaaaafap:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sega europe did a short interview thing with three of the lead staff on vanquish to advertise the pc port and it's just them talking about funny little things shinji mikami wanted them to do and being really confused about why this game they released seven years ago is popular enough to get rereleased on a different platform

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's all thanks to Rich Evans.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/867987011512160257

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I'm getting monster hunter fatigue.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sefal posted:

I got Monster Hunter fatigue the first time I played a Monster Hunter game.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Sefal posted:

I played Freedom Unite to death in high school and, while it was fun as all hell, it burned me out of the franchise forever.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have never played a MonHun

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Monster Hunter announcement? Hot drat! Can't wait til I eventually buy a Switch in like 4 years

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish I enjoyed monster hunter games. My friend has one of them and he'd like someone to play with but I've tried the demos on the 3DS again and again and the controls just feel bleh and I can't get into it. The camera feels off and it felt like a chore to actually pull off attacks on enemies.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Monster Hunter is the videogame equivalent of a living fossil, a PS2 game that's survived to the modern age virtually unchanged.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I will hunt monsters until the day I die and I feel bad for the people who can't get into it

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I can play monster hunter games fine on the big screen. I loved Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. That validated my Wii U purchase. It's the last game I managed to stay awake whole nights playing it.
I love to sit back with a controller in hand playing these games. To me MH has stopped working as a portable game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've never really gotten into MH but I do like a few games that have taken the formula and streamlined it, most notably Toukiden 1&2.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

GREATEST GAME EVER? Nope.

Ah yes, the famous face of Xbox, Blinx.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Step the gently caress off of my boy Blinx he will cut you with an AOL disc we are talkin version 7.0 he doesnt gently caress around

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Baller Time posted:

Ah yes, the famous face of Xbox, Blinx.

metal gear x???

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Sefal posted:

I can play monster hunter games fine on the big screen. I loved Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. That validated my Wii U purchase. It's the last game I managed to stay awake whole nights playing it.
I love to sit back with a controller in hand playing these games. To me MH has stopped working as a portable game.

:agreed:

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Help Im Alive posted:

metal gear x???

Having just googled it it appears to be either an actual OG XBOX version of MGS 2 with Snake as the main character for all of it that never got finished or an April fools joke about that same game being in development that got out of hand.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
CrossCells is definitely the most chill and fun of the *Cells games so far. I actually still haven't finished SquareCells but played the poo poo out of HexCells. The new one is really neat with how the rules work and figuring them out makes me feel smart.

deffo worth $3

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I know people joke about blinx but was his game actually any good?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not really no, it was made by Artoon, most famous for managing to make bad Yoshi's Island games on 3/DS

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I like the parts in Monster Hunter where you fight the big monsters, unfortunately there is a lot of tedious poo poo around those fights. Even when you have all the items and gear you need (which takes millenia to acquire), setting up a party to hunt a monster with your friends still takes way longer than it should. Oh we have to get the contract and then enable the thing and form our party and pick a rank and then eat some food and then load into the area and then look for the monster and whoops it's been 40 minutes and we're still not fighting a loving monster.

All the non-monster fighting missions are the worst thing ever, too, and constantly gathering resources from herbs and stones and minor creatures flows very terrible in these games. You don't really get to do it on your way to a real quest like in Skyrim or The Witcher, you have to basically go out of your way to go on a grinding quest. And then the parts you want from a lesser monster you need to make your gear might not actually drop, and some of the monsters don't show up until you're 200 hours into the game because they're hidden super monsters or whatever... It's awful.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 12:06 on May 26, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am seriously excited to play tons of video games this weekend!
My Diablo3 game is going so very well and I may just branch out into trying something else if I can tear myself away from it :D

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My Switch should be arriving today so hopefully I'll be playing Blaster Master Zero and PPT this weekend. I'll probably try the ARMS test fire too though I'm not sold on the idea yet.

Also the Everybody's Golf beta starts today so I'll hopefully play that too.

And I'm off work for two weeks after tomorrow :woop:

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 26, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I got so thoroughly owned by the boss at the end of chapter 3 of Puyo-Puyo Tetris that I put it down and never came back to it. It shall remain the game I play with company now and then but I'm done with the adventure mode I think.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I've been sent home from work early because our computer systems are gubbed but its 25 degrees outside blazing sunshine. Taps aff.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Been looking for this pic for years.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I have TW3 and HZD to cover all my monster hunting needs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Palpek posted:

I have TW3 and HZD to cover all my monster hunting needs.

I wish the combat in TW3 was even half as competent as in MH

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

I wish the combat in TW3 was even half as competent as in MH

There's just something so satisfying about landing that Great Sword triple charge attack

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Remember Scary Larry and Sushi-X?

I remember sushi-x when he was a reviewer for egm and would deduct 2 points for Gameboy games for not being in color. gently caress sushi-x.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

BUT GRAPHICS

• Locked thread