Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

would own if stock prices indicated anything,a greed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
As insanely loving hype as I want to be I'm still gonna wait until it's confirmed to be HD, at least on the level of the PS3 P3rd port.

I mean there's no way they just upscale a 3DS game for this, there's no fuckin' way, but I trust nobody and have been betrayed before.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
A friendly reminder of this weekend's exhibition of ARMS.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I will play in rounds 3, 4, and 6.

Edit: for round 1 I will be in a real gym, training

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemming posted:

I will play in rounds 3, 4, and 6.

Edit: for round 1 I will be in a real gym, training

Which Badge, and what Pokemon are you using in your team? :v:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Blizzard did a re-release of Rock n' Roll Racing, The Lost Vikings, and Blackthorne in 2014. R&R has an altered soundtrack.

I tried downloading the RnR pc release, but its weird... it doesn't seem to let you pick your character or difficulty, and spawns you into the first level with your car already picked.

That's not Rock and Roll racing :colbert:

Also no support for 2 player?

Blackthorne and Lost Vikings play well though.

E: Or are you talking about the GBA release?

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 09:37 on May 26, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rexroom posted:

A friendly reminder of this weekend's exhibition of ARMS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlytqMUyyyk

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I hope this gif never gets retired and is just remixed for every single N hardware release.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Will Monster Hunter Switch still sport amazing low quality PS2 graphics or will they be updated to something that doesn't look like vomit.

I liked 3 and got decently far in 4 but man they look dated as all hell.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Isn't Rock n Roll racing a Blizzard game? I don't exactly see them clamoring to release their old IP, as much as I'd love a collection of like, Lost Vikings, Lost Vikings 2, Blackthorne, and Rock N Roll Racing, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting.

Basically none of the people who worked on those games is at Blizzard now, so I'm kinda cool with them just doing more games in the current IPs. And if anything I would really love to see Blizzard do a new IP again, Overwatch was decently creative and that was them trying to rescue a massively failing project.

I do love Rock and Roll Racing though and would love to see somebody make a new game with that kinda attitude.

I would really love for Blizzard to do a RnRR game where you play as aliens racing cars against all the Blizzard characters, like the way they did Heroes of the Storm. Mario Kart with Thrall, Diablo, etc. There's potential there.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Will Monster Hunter Switch still sport amazing low quality PS2 graphics or will they be updated to something that doesn't look like vomit.

I'm sure Capcom will try to reinvent Monster Hunter at some point and end up ruining another of their moneymakers.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Can't wait for that first-person VR survival horror monster hunter.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's exactly why they've been basically the same game since the PS2. XX selling half the usual numbers means they might risk a shakeup though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Nintendo E3 show:

ARMS!
SPLATOON 2!
MARIO ODYSSEY!
The VC is OUT NOW! [the only game is Urban Champion]
RIME! (maybe before Christmas???)
Skyrim!
And announcing our new console, the Nintendo Hilariously Short Life Cycle!
ftfy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

That's exactly why they've been basically the same game since the PS2. XX selling half the usual numbers means they might risk a shakeup though.

Which western developer will Monster Hunter HD be farmed out to?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gearbox

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

We might find out later today. They're going to have a stream to talk more about it and one would hope there's footage.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I don't mind it looking a bit low poly as long as the effects + framerates are good.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I'm sure Capcom will try to reinvent Monster Hunter at some point and end up ruining another of their moneymakers.

I don't care about series innovations or anything as there's a ton of different hunting games these days, I would just like it if the graphics were updated to at least *try* and look current gen. That's it.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Which Badge, and what Pokemon are you using in your team? :v:

I'm punching you first

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Monster Hunter rules, by the way.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I don't care about series innovations or anything as there's a ton of different hunting games these days, I would just like it if the graphics were updated to at least *try* and look current gen. That's it.

Monster Hunter in BotW engine

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I know nothing about monster hunter other than there is a subset of gamer who s obsessed with it. Is it like the pokemons?

The Aquabot
Sep 25, 2004
Literally don't even care if they upscale 3DS graphics, it'll just be sick to play it on a big screen with a controller again.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

There's a Monster Hunter MMO only available in China, I think its a 3rd party developer but its built in the Unreal engine IIRC and it looks pretty amazing

But yeah I'm with the other people who would happily play it with 3DS graphics if they just port it to Switch

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

You Got Owned.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

EpicNemesis posted:

I know nothing about monster hunter other than there is a subset of gamer who s obsessed with it. Is it like the pokemons?

It's basically a boss battle game where you use various weaponry to subdue or kill giant dinosaurs and other monsters. Monsters (apart from few exceptions) roam levels consisting of small areas connected together by short loading zones. Your first job in a mission is usually to track the monster and fight them. If they manage to escape you'll have to track it again inside the level. Successful hunts reward you with crafting ingredients used to craft better gear.

The basic game loop is simple: you craft weapons and armor from monster parts, take up a mission to kill another monster and repeat. The core fighting is top notch with each attack having a weight and speed to it requiring you to read into enemy movements rather than just spam a single button to kill them.

Why people are obsessed with it is because there's a poo poo ton of things to do in each title, meaning each game can take up to 100 hours to complete and even more if you're actually grinding for best or coolest looking gear.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

https://www.google.com/search?q=ntdoy&ie=&oe=

Where is he getting his stock information from?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Mr President posted:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ntdoy&ie=&oe=

Where is he getting his stock information from?
This is what I found

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

jyrque posted:

It's basically a boss battle game where you use various weaponry to subdue or kill giant dinosaurs and other monsters. Monsters (apart from few exceptions) roam levels consisting of small areas connected together by short loading zones. Your first job in a mission is usually to track the monster and fight them. If they manage to escape you'll have to track it again inside the level. Successful hunts reward you with crafting ingredients used to craft better gear.

The basic game loop is simple: you craft weapons and armor from monster parts, take up a mission to kill another monster and repeat. The core fighting is top notch with each attack having a weight and speed to it requiring you to read into enemy movements rather than just spam a single button to kill them.

Why people are obsessed with it is because there's a poo poo ton of things to do in each title, meaning each game can take up to 100 hours to complete and even more if you're actually grinding for best or coolest looking gear.

So its Dark Souls combat and Ubisoft crafting? Hopefully there is a demo because that could either be really fun or really boring.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I also found this which seems to match the reported increase.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

EpicNemesis posted:

So its Dark Souls combat and Ubisoft crafting? Hopefully there is a demo because that could either be really fun or really boring.

It's hit-or-miss. The game can get repetitive although Capcom has streamlined each sequel so that you spend less time going through tutorials and getting to fight monsters from get-go instead.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

EpicNemesis posted:

Kinda, much more forgiving. The crafting is more JRPG menus than anything else. There's a lot of items that you can combine into various goodies.

There was a 3DS demo for Generations. Hoping there'll be one for the Switch version to check out performance and controls. I liked the 3DS demo but resold my copy of Generations super quickly because i hated the 3DS controls for it. If it were on a big screen with better controllers I would've liked it more.

The main reason I dipped was because it seemingly involved a lot of busywork and enormous health bars. It's slow moving for a game that's entirely boss battles.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
MHXX Switch Edition hot loving drat

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dizz posted:

Let me know when they stop making cross games and also drop the hunter styles.

*adept dodges gracefully through this extremely bad post*

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I still don't understand how anyone likes those loving games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't comprehend someone else liking a thing I don't like either

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I still don't understand how anyone likes those loving games.

well ya see.

they're fun

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It defies my understanding that there are people who prefer a thick pancake to a waffle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Like, a thin pancake I understand, everyone loves crêpes, but the big diner pancake? Ugh.

• Locked thread