Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bulletsponge13 posted:

Does anyone have links/sources for the hosed up security clearance forms from Trump's people? I want to show a buddy who worked doing clearances, but didn't save the links.

Flynn: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/25/us/politics/michael-flynn-white-house-documents-russia.html?_r=0

Racist Perjury Elf: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politics/jeff-sessions-russian-officials-meetings/

Kushner: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/us/politics/jared-kushner-russians-security-clearance.html

Gorka (his current security clearance status is completely unknown): http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats...&source=copyurl

Six other randos: http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2017/02/white-house-failed-background-checks-dismissals-235112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dead Reckoning posted:

America is a violent and brutal nation. Always has been. Most of our founding fathers literally owned other humans, and were not unfamiliar with killing. Aaron Burr was the sitting Vice President when he killed Alexander Hamilton. Andrew Jackson liked nothing more than to step outside, and had killed a man in a duel before he became our 7th President. He then went on to ignore the Supreme Court and instigate something that we still refer to, not inaccurately, as "The Trail of Tears." Preston Brooks' constituents re-elected him after he beat Senator Charles Sumner unconscious with a cane, leaving wounds that required three years of recuperation. (He was aided and abetted by Laurence Keitt, who brandished a pistol in the Senate chambers to keep onlookers from coming to Sumner's aid, and Henry Edmundson, who had previously been arrested by the Sergeant at Arms for assaulting another Senator.)

We might try to he better than our bloody legacy, but it is always there, below the surface.

Preston Brooks later challenged another congressman to a duel but backed out like the bitch he was when his opponent enthusiastically accepted and showed every sign that he was planning to kill him dead.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Dead Reckoning posted:

America is a violent and brutal nation. Always has been. Most of our founding fathers literally owned other humans, and were not unfamiliar with killing. Aaron Burr was the sitting Vice President when he killed Alexander Hamilton. Andrew Jackson liked nothing more than to step outside, and had killed a man in a duel before he became our 7th President. He then went on to ignore the Supreme Court and instigate something that we still refer to, not inaccurately, as "The Trail of Tears." Preston Brooks' constituents re-elected him after he beat Senator Charles Sumner unconscious with a cane, leaving wounds that required three years of recuperation. (He was aided and abetted by Laurence Keitt, who brandished a pistol in the Senate chambers to keep onlookers from coming to Sumner's aid, and Henry Edmundson, who had previously been arrested by the Sergeant at Arms for assaulting another Senator.)

We might try to he better than our bloody legacy, but it is always there, below the surface.

What's your point? You go back 80ish years in Japanese politics and they were beheading captured American soldiers. I don't see them returning to that. 50 years ago people were marching for equal rights in the south. Around the same time a sitting president decided to rescind the presidency rather than face impeachment.

If you have to reach back over a century to draw parallels to today, it might be because the actions of the present are indefnisble

Edit: Cain killed Abel, and maybe we'll never get past that as a society? Who can say....

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I want Obamacare to outlive the GOP for ultimate justice.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

The better option its the reds to push that steaming pile of poo poo through and kill a bunch of people. Because that will do way more damage to the GOP as a collective than anything Trump can do.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Champaign IL has been compared to purgatory through song and I have no honest defense for that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The carpetbagging chokeslammer won by like 6%.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mr. Nice! posted:

The carpetbagging chokeslammer won by like 6%.

lol

Montana got ... well you know.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Georgia is going to be the really interesting one.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
gonna drive the 90 mi to montana or w hatever and POOP ON IT tomorrow :twisted:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

LingcodKilla posted:

lol

Montana got ... well you know.

This is a bigger thing than it looks.

Its a double digit erosion in a heavily rural area full of uneducated poor whites. Which is Trump's base. Also, something like 60-65% of the votes were done by mail ahead of the incident.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

psydude posted:

Georgia is going to be the really interesting one.

It'll be similar margins. GOP is throwing a lot of money at advertising trying to convince people that some how being Californian in a city where most everyone is from some where else and will probably be somewhere else in 5 years is a bad thing.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

gonna drive the 90 mi to montana or w hatever and POOP ON IT tomorrow :twisted:

make sure to eat something that gives you rancid terrible shits, if you're gonna poop on it make it nasty.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Genocide Tendency posted:

This is a bigger thing than it looks.

Its a double digit erosion in a heavily rural area full of uneducated poor whites. Which is Trump's base. Also, something like 60-65% of the votes were done by mail ahead of the incident.

Also, double digit erosion even after this:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Accretionist posted:

Also, double digit erosion even after this:

that seems like a big deal

like seriously lmao repubs gonna get hosed if its sorts close calls with all that russian money in that graph

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

that seems like a big deal

like seriously lmao repubs gonna get hosed if its sorts close calls with all that russian money in that graph

To be fair though, Montana has a surprisingly democratic leaning government, its kind of like all that outside Dem cash flowing into GA for the 6th district in order to flip it.

I would think Montana would be hardcore right leaning at the local level but a lot of the loonies in the boonies don't vote, but the folks in what passes for cities in Montana do vote and they swing Democratic.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 26, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I just want maj gun, and mah Jesus, and mah underaged bride who is also mah cusin.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

While I'm looking at election statistics for the last 50 or so years, how in the gently caress can you be so uncharismatic that you lose to loving second term Reagan like Walter Mondale? Dude only won DC, and barely won Minnesota because he was a Senator from there so they were probably pulling for him.

E: Ah so he just straight up came out and said up front "I will raise everyone's taxes, and cut the deficit" yeah people don't like to hear actual fiscal responsibility from their presidential candidates.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 26, 2017

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Kansas has the Chiefs and BBQ but that is all.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Waroduce posted:

North Carolina has much better BBQ, what the gently caress is Kansas BBQ?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

orange juche posted:

North Carolina has much better BBQ, what the gently caress is Kansas BBQ?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

boiled rips covered in store bought bbq sauce

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Reverand maynard posted:

boiled rip-its covered in store bought bbq sauce

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

at least do it in the fuckin husks, jesus

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

quote:

It's Time to Get Rid of Donald Trump

Donald Trump has transformed the United States into a laughing stock and he is a danger to the world. He must be removed from the White House before things get even worse.

Donald Trump is not fit to be president of the United States. He does not possess the requisite intellect and does not understand the significance of the office he holds nor the tasks associated with it. He doesn't read. He doesn't bother to peruse important files and intelligence reports and knows little about the issues that he has identified as his priorities. His decisions are capricious and they are delivered in the form of tyrannical decrees.

He is a man free of morals. As has been demonstrated hundreds of times, he is a liar, a racist and a cheat. I feel ashamed to use these words, as sharp and loud as they are. But if they apply to anyone, they apply to Trump. And one of the media's tasks is to continue telling things as they are: Trump has to be removed from the White House. Quickly. He is a danger to the world.

Der Spiegel telling like it is :captainpop:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/donald-trump-is-a-menace-to-the-world-opinion-a-1148471.html

EDIT: Also, Finland finally got something into orbit :toot: https://twitter.com/AaltoSatellites/status/867739094771695617?s=04

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 26, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

holy loving hell

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/867834190078906370

he's BRAGGING about an approval rating of 48%

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Two Finger posted:

holy loving hell

I cannot wait till he pulls out Haters Gonna Hate

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Waroduce posted:

Wrong. The Chiefs are in Kansas City, Missouri.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Current Event: War Machine released on Netflix. I'm 10 minutes in and I've been in stitches this whole time. Because someone who knows what's up wrote the screenplay. You guys gotta see it: Clooney is playing a very funny Stanley McChrystal, and the rest of the people you can figure out who they are. This movie is loving incredible so far. Again just 10 minutes in.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Current Event: War Machine released on Netflix. I'm 10 minutes in and I've been in stitches this whole time. Because someone who knows what's up wrote the screenplay. You guys gotta see it: Clooney is playing a very funny Stanley McChrystal, and the rest of the people you can figure out who they are. This movie is loving incredible so far. Again just 10 minutes in.

You know it's Brad Pitt, not Clooney, yeah?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I just realized I wrote the wrong actor I am very high and giggling. You see this already? It's loving hilarious.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
He's completely right. This is loving amazing.

Edit: the only way to win this is to send in one man who is a master of stealth, and then extract the enemy soldiers and convince them to fight for us. Eventually we will have to develop a weapon that surpasses both infantry and artillery.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 10:05 on May 26, 2017

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR9N3NOutaQ

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Bad Poster posted:

He's completely right. This is loving amazing.

Edit: the only way to win this is to send in one man who is a master of stealth, and then extract the enemy soldiers and convince them to fight for us. Eventually we will have to develop a weapon that surpasses both infantry and artillery.

Do they actually drop a metal gear joke in war machine, or is that unrelated?

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Two Finger posted:

holy loving hell

48% isn't bad. The problem is it's ten points too high.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Slim Pickens posted:

Do they actually drop a metal gear joke in war machine, or is that unrelated?

Metal gear?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Waroduce posted:

The KC Chiefs are from Missouri.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

milk milk lemonade posted:

48% isn't bad. The problem is it's ten points too high.

Wait until someone points out to him that the worst Obama ever hit was 48%.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Raerlynn posted:

Wait until someone points out to him that the worst Obama ever hit was 48%.

So he's as good as Obama!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

KS can just get hosed. It's boring, and I have never met someone from KS who wasn't a loving moron. And their BBQ sucks.

• Locked thread