Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Missouri in general is kind of a bummer. Especially the stretch of I44 from St. Louis down to Springfield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

psydude posted:

Missouri in general is kind of a bummer. Especially the stretch of I44 from St. Louis down to Springfield.

Ah, the most traveled road of my childhood

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Two Finger posted:

holy loving hell

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/867834190078906370

he's BRAGGING about an approval rating of 48%

Rasmussen is also a heavily conservative leaning poll that is widely considered trash.

Most of them are 10 points lower as Milk pointed out. And thats not going to get much better with the poo poo storm brewing from the National Lampoon European Vacation.

Things are going to get real interesting when the Feds hang Jared by his toes in a basement and start putting the screws to him. Rick Wilson correctly pointed out that Kushner isn't built well for prison and he will sing whatever song he has to to get out of going to the klink. Bannon, who already hates him, is the lead on the new crisis response team they are building to fix the Russia poo poo storm. As soon as he gets a reason he will sew Star of Davids on all of Jared's clothes and change his name cards to Jude. Selling out Flynn and the rest as Russian contacts will be that reason.

Edit: Clarified last point.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 26, 2017

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/868088934517137408

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I think it's highly probable that Bannon is completely OK letting Kushner and others get caught up in this Russia poo poo. Hell, he's probably doing some of the leaking.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Pretty clear trend so far in the House special elections: https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/868091934925086720

Also, my fanfic is that the FBI finds poo poo on Jared, then transfers the case to the New York State Attorney General to charge Jared. It's obvious that Donnie would pardon Jared, but pardons only apply to people charged with Federal crimes, not State crimes. Unfortunately for my fanfic a lot of money laundering crimes and poo poo like that are federal.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

What's your point? You go back 80ish years in Japanese politics and they were beheading captured American soldiers. I don't see them returning to that. 50 years ago people were marching for equal rights in the south. Around the same time a sitting president decided to rescind the presidency rather than face impeachment.

If you have to reach back over a century to draw parallels to today, it might be because the actions of the present are indefnisble

Edit: Cain killed Abel, and maybe we'll never get past that as a society? Who can say....

The point is that we never stopped.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Godholio posted:

The point is that we never stopped.

I don't think generalizing those events onto the entirety of the united States is particularly representative or anything. Are turfwars between gangs in Illinois and California a sign that the country never developed past violent factionism?

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

https://twitter.com/ranpuba/status/868071592504549376

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I don't think generalizing those events onto the entirety of the united States is particularly representative or anything. Are turfwars between gangs in Illinois and California a sign that the country never developed past violent factionism?

Well, we aren't as violent anymore.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It has to be an absolute pleasure being a malicious republican politician. The gift of a brain dead segment amongst decent Republicans and a clearly written playbook makes it almost too easy to raise support.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Everything is acceptable to some people. Trump could be exposed as a kiddie diddler and people would defend it. And they would certainly put it on a t-shirt.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Everything is acceptable to some people. Trump could be exposed as a kiddie diddler and people would defend it. And they would certainly put it on a t-shirt.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

That picture is somehow more disturbing than the one with her on his lap.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Uh guys. I've been visited by the blue tarp ghost this morning.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
there are bodies under there

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Pretty sure you're supposed to tell us to post something within a specific time frame, lest we have srome equally specific form of evil visited upon us.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
freedom from government and right to bear arms will come to you, but only if you reply "stay safe, tarp ghost"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cowboy elvis posted:

Don't tread on tarp ghost.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mike-o posted:

freedom from government and right to bear arms will come to you, but only if you reply "stay safe, tarp ghost"

Stay safe, tarp ghost.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Chicago tarp ghost has made no demands yet. This is spooky.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Some say the tarp ghost still blows around to this very day, bringing freedom and dildos to the worthy.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

cowboy elvis posted:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Its on the run from the Japanese. Be careful, it may be armed and dangerous.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/far-cry-5-is-about-living-under-fear-in-america?utm_source=wptwitterus

Far cry 5 is about trump's second term

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

I came here to post the trailer:

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/868089720840085504?s=09

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Get ventilated, tarp ghost

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
This is a good teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWQKZGHSdrE

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I was getting hype and then I saw the release date of February and now I'm not very hype.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Along with other indicators, yes.

not caring here posted:

I was getting hype and then I saw the release date of February and now I'm not very hype.

Nov 8 would've been incredible.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 26, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm down with that guy being the protagonist. He's basically Jules except actually quoting the bible with conviction.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Trump's cabinet people are openly stating that coal is dying and we need to move to other sources of energy.

Also they're basically saying they support pretty much all the provisions of the TPP and are trying to do it again under a different name

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Trump is completely absent and stupid so everyone in the admin is starting to figure out they can just propose all their favorite policies from the WSJ editorial page.

Edit:

http://fusion.kinja.com/donald-trump-is-getting-played-like-a-sucker-by-his-own-1795583550

quote:

There was a real fear that Trump actually would govern the way he promised he would in the campaign: As a Huey Long-style, “every man a king” populist. Now that Trump is actually in power, though, he is doing nothing to actually enact what could have been a (worryingly!) popular agenda of ruthless repression for some matched with guaranteed economic security for most.

Is this because Trump’s campaign rhetoric was a smokescreen for a much more austere conservative agenda? I don’t think so. This budget isn’t Trump pushing the policies he secretly intended to push the whole time—it looks much more like the result of a disengaged and ignorant executive getting taken advantage of by the highly ideological snakes he was dumb enough to fill his administration with.

Let’s be clear: Only a complete dumbass would hire someone like Mick Mulvaney and ask him to draft a budget. The result was always going to be politically toxic, because actual right-wing ideas, once transplanted from the realm of pure rhetoric to actual quantified numbers, are incredibly unpopular. There is a large constituency for blaming America’s problems on mooches and freeloaders. There isn’t much of one for slashing spending that helps actual humans, who, by and large, don’t consider themselves mooches and freeloaders.

Best Friends fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 26, 2017

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

Best Friends posted:

Trump is completely absent and stupid so everyone

https://twitter.com/AP/status/868142443853688832

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Trump's cabinet people are openly stating that coal is dying and we need to move to other sources of energy.

Also they're basically saying they support pretty much all the provisions of the TPP and are trying to do it again under a different name

This is Gary Cohn, specifically, who has also pushed for a nationwide carbon tax in the background. Apparently he has a good hold on Trump, even more so now that Bannon has been pushed to the sidelines.

Of course it's hard to say how much of that matters with a man who holds the convictions of a wet paper bag with escalating dementia.

Edit:

Best Friends posted:

Trump is completely absent and stupid so everyone in the admin is starting to figure out they can just propose all their favorite policies from the WSJ editorial page.

It's this, more or less.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I'm most hype about kushner possibly going down. Hated that smug looking bastard the second I saw him. And gently caress anyone who was saying him and ivanka would be the voices of reason. He was an unknown factor from the get go, combined with zero experience, that should have made him viewed as equally dangerous as bannon.

Young silver spoon rear end trust fund rear end frat boy looking rear end punks really get me salty

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That's a lot of rear end

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That's a pretty funky jacket. Not sure why it's news considering she lives in a golden penthouse.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

LingcodKilla posted:

That's a pretty funky jacket. Not sure why it's news considering she lives in a golden penthouse.

Also my assumption is that it was donated or loaned, as is often the case with famous people. Then again, if so, it's a bit different for family members of elected persons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

orange juche posted:

That's a lot of rear end

- said Trump as he forced his way into the pageant dressing room full of underage girls.

• Locked thread