Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

couldcareless posted:

I always contemplate asking every male CM I see at Haunted Mansion about stairs but I figure it would just confuse most of them

It confused me the last time a goon did it. I didn't even respond correctly until after they had almost walked away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Happy birthday!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

It confused me the last time a goon did it. I didn't even respond correctly until after they had almost walked away!

I just figured the response would be in line with character and something along the lines of "Oh absolutely, the mansion has a whole ROOM of stairs"

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012

Can confirm - this was me :) Mission accomplished, though! couldcareless's answer would have been funny, too.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
AP exclusive magic band commemorating Pandora opening only available on the 27th.. I'm there. I know, it's going to be loving chaos but I need that magic band. They have three actually but only one AP band.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

couldcareless posted:

I just figured the response would be in line with character and something along the lines of "Oh absolutely, the mansion has a whole ROOM of stairs"

To be fair this is basically the only thread I consistantly read on SA anymore, so I have forgotten the goon ways mostly, so I'd likely do something like that just because I'd be like "Aww man"

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
GOTG: Mission Breakout has some on ride videos on youtube now and has been getting rave reviews. I think it's a big improvement over Tower of Terror, which I never really cared for.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

To be fair this is basically the only thread I consistantly read on SA anymore, so I have forgotten the goon ways mostly, so I'd likely do something like that just because I'd be like "Aww man"

So if someone were to salute you with "Sir I would like to visit under the stairs and have some ham.." you'd look at them strangely?

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
Kind of a long shot, but has anyone ever been to Tokyo Disney? Just confirmed I'm spending three weeks in Japan next year and I'm absolutely going to pay a visit.

I checked their website and I'm so excited they've still got Toon Town! I was so bummed I missed out on the Roger Rabbit ride because it closed down in California and I never got to go out there.

I'm still kind of in a state of shock that I'm going, but not sure if I'll be able to do more than one day there since my husband and I want to do as much as possible while we're out there. :D

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I was there in 2008. What time of year are you going because it can get very busy around Japanese vacation times.

But it is amazing. DisneySea especially. Disneyland is OK but feels a lot like a clone of Magic Kingdom.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

We'll be there between April 7th - 28th. I imagine we'll start in Tokyo so probably around the first week there? Nothing is set in stone yet but that's my impression.

I've heard it's pretty quiet just before golden week, but we'll be in Hokkaido with my husband's parents at that time because they want to go flower viewing.

I loved the Magic Kingdom, so I'm totally fine with the Japanese clone, but I definitely want to do Disney Sea too! I might have to squeeze them both into one day but I'm hoping to convince my husband to spend two days to see both parks.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Tokyo Disney is a close clone of Magic Kingdom, but with less comprehensible signage on the rides and shops. Tokyo DisneySea, as said above, is unlike anything in Orlando. Highly recommended if you're a Disney fan over here anyway.

Also, I live in Tokyo. Hit me up with a PM if you want a list of things to visit -- when are you coming?

Edit: hello, reading comprehension! If your husband is Japanese, you probably don't need any extra advice on what's worth doing.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Alligator Pie posted:

I checked their website and I'm so excited they've still got Toon Town! I was so bummed I missed out on the Roger Rabbit ride because it closed down in California and I never got to go out there.

Uh. What? Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin is definitely still in operation in Disneyland

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

demonR6 posted:

So if someone were to salute you with "Sir I would like to visit under the stairs and have some ham.." you'd look at them strangely?

Quite.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Grundulum posted:

Tokyo Disney is a close clone of Magic Kingdom, but with less comprehensible signage on the rides and shops. Tokyo DisneySea, as said above, is unlike anything in Orlando. Highly recommended if you're a Disney fan over here anyway.

Also, I live in Tokyo. Hit me up with a PM if you want a list of things to visit -- when are you coming?

Edit: hello, reading comprehension! If your husband is Japanese, you probably don't need any extra advice on what's worth doing.

Oh, no! Not at all, I wasn't clear. Sorry about that! My husband isn't Japanese, we're both Canadian and so are our families. His folks are touring Asia next spring and want me to be there with them to help them out because I speak Japanese functionally enough for tourism (My grammar is poo poo when I talk, but I understand well when listening and can read kanji). We're going out there two weeks earlier and then his parents are meeting us after they finish visiting China.

I would love some advice on where to go, so I'll definitely send you a PM when I've got some time. Thanks so much!

BlueBayou posted:

Uh. What? Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin is definitely still in operation in Disneyland

Really? Maybe I was misinformed. Didn't they nix Toon Town in CA, though?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
For anyone who can't be there I'll be posting pictures and updates on Twitter starting around 6:30am.

https://twitter.com/cchard/status/868178321854562304

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Alligator Pie posted:

Really? Maybe I was misinformed. Didn't they nix Toon Town in CA, though?

No, not at all. It's still there. I went there back in August and Roger Rabbit was still functional.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

That's awesome. I'm actually pretty relieved that I'm wrong. :shobon:

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
That ride and Mr Toads used to terrify me as a kid. Well past the age when it was reasonable to be scared of such rides.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Apparently Disney dropped a brand new DHS projection show tonight with an announcement not long before in the park. Had all their classic live action movies. Tron, Rocketeer, Roger Rabbit etc.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I guess figment is hidden in the new guardians ride :3

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Also I guess figment is hidden in the new guardians ride :3

That can't be good, furthers my belief his pavilion is going away and making way for I dunno, a Stark technology pavilion ala Captain America​ movie.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Quixotic1 posted:

That can't be good, furthers my belief his pavilion is going away and making way for I dunno, a Stark technology pavilion ala Captain America​ movie.
I dunno, a figment appearance outside of Epcot, especially in the West coast for the first time seems like a good sign.

My friend in GR at Studios found out about the new show today, from a fan blog. Some things never change.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
http://twitter.com/cchard/status/868410554276237312

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
90 min wait currently posted for Flight of Passage

http://twitter.com/cchard/status/868423694993039360

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Huge lines for everything including merchandise and photo spots.

Hearing Pandora is at capacity and there is a two hour standby to get into the land. 195 minutes for FoP. 90 for river.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 13:35 on May 27, 2017

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Food is the shortest line

http://twitter.com/cchard/status/868446136163602433

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah not looking forward to taking calls today lol

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
90 mins wait for the store.

http://twitter.com/cchard/status/868458157156290565

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Wife said AK is at capacity. She went in at 3 am and I might not see her until the same time tomorrow :v:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Goons rejoice! They have My Little Pony Avatar merchandise. No pics but it's a shirt and a doll.

http://twitter.com/cchard/status/868468934546268161

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Off to see everything at AK that isn't Pandora.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

It was such a smart move to pivot from 'The land based on the Avatar movies' to 'The land of Pandora, a location that also happened to be the setting of Avatar'. I have zero interest in the movies but the land is gorgeous. Just like Carsland for me then I guess.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
AK is at Phase 1 closure. No single day tickets admitted.

http://twitter.com/cchard/status/868479050188279808

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ugh this is going to suck lol

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I'm having lunch and charging my phone. I will probably leave Pandora to check out the rest of the park before my River fast pass. If you have a pass you don't need to wait to get back into Pandora.

http://twitter.com/cchard/status/868483781254098944

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
FYI lots of merchandise is at the main AK shop

http://twitter.com/cchard/status/868514127328817152

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
When are they going to release another LE magicband that makes cool sounds? The only good one is the Donald Jedi one. I thought the pirates cannonballs one would be good but it's very underwhelming.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
There is a mid day lull. Even the attraction lines have shortened a little bit.

http://twitter.com/cchard/status/868553081935548416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

95 in Orlando today. AK must be miserable right now