Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

TFRazorsaw posted:

There's no reason to believe MH5 for the PS4 is even a thing. The rumor for it showing up on PS4 always exists for every MH since 3 and nothing ever comes from it beyond "awesome inside sources".

I will never post in this thread again if MH5 isn't announced as a PS4 exclusive at E3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Utnayan posted:

I will never post in this thread again if MH5 isn't announced as a PS4 exclusive at E3.

Toxx this beautiful post

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

deadly_pudding posted:

Toxx this beautiful post

Do it.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
Why would they go non-portable for MH in Japan?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

empathe posted:

Switch doesn't have a large install base yet, they have generations being ported over to the Switch, and Capcom wants to focus on the Western Market with a new MH and have a large install base to target at the same time to make the most of their effort in a newly developed game. They hit almost 5 million with generations on 3DS - and are shifting target markets and dedicating two teams moving forward to target both markets. It doesn't mean there won't be a switch version of a new MH game, but MH5 will not be that game.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

empathe posted:

*thank you*

Internet multiplayer was strictly an afterthought for western audiences. Japanese players like squat in the 7-11 parking lot and kill dragons with strangers they can make eye contact with.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Utnayan posted:

Switch doesn't have a large install base yet, they have generations being ported over to the Switch, and Capcom wants to focus on the Western Market with a new MH and have a large install base to target at the same time to make the most of their effort in a newly developed game. They hit almost 5 million with generations on 3DS - and are shifting target markets and dedicating two teams moving forward to target both markets. It doesn't mean there won't be a switch version of a new MH game, but MH5 will not be that game.

You mean aside from the fact it's Nintendo's fastest-selling console ever, to the point they can barely keep up with demand for the drat thing?

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Utnayan posted:

This is definitely plausible, but I'd think they'd put MH5 on Switch and some other version on PS4 as a test balloon for the West.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Utnayan posted:

Just to be clear, are you calling for a toxx to be:

MH5 must be announced and must be a ps4 exclusive otherwise Toxx.

Or if MH5 is announced it must be a PS4 exclusive otherwise Toxx.

How do timed exclusives play?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Maybe if there were some evidence and Utnayan didn't have a history of making up stuff that's totally gonna happen you guys I'd find this plausible.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Utnayan posted:

You are a dumb motherfucker who doesn't understand the Japanese market and I can't wait until you don't post in this thread anymore.

Seriously Capcom isn't going to give up one of their biggest series just to get maybe a bit more in the west

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Gettin' mad about posting about video games in this thread.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

EpicNemesis posted:

Just to be clear, are you calling for a toxx to be:

MH5 must be announced and must be a ps4 exclusive otherwise Toxx.

Or if MH5 is announced it must be a PS4 exclusive otherwise Toxx.

Both. MH5 will be announced - MH5 will be a PS4 exclusive. (For at least a period of time)

However, I do not know the timing of said exclusive. So how about we just say they will say, "It will be available first on PS4"

Sound good? And if I lose, you will never see me in the Nintendo Switch thread again

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Meridian posted:

Gettin' mad about posting about video games in this thread.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Utnayan posted:

Both. MH5 will be announced - MH5 will be a PS4 exclusive.

However, I do not know the timing of said exclusive. So how about we just say they will say, "It will be available first on PS4"

Sound good? And if I lose, you will never see me in the Nintendo Switch thread again

Monster Hunter is good, and I will be happy if it comes out on anything with decent controls. Martyr yourself for Monster Hunter and just stop posting altogether.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Up the ante to "sever your posting hands" instead

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hell yea more switch games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2p5_ntGc4Y

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kashuno posted:

You are a dumb motherfucker who doesn't understand the Japanese market and I can't wait until you don't post in this thread anymore.

Seriously Capcom isn't going to give up one of their biggest series just to get maybe a bit more in the west

To be fair Capcom are also idiots. Neglecting a good thing for them to try and appeal to a western market they don't understand is totally a thing they would do.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Meridian posted:

Monster Hunter is good, and I will be happy if it comes out on anything with decent controls. Martyr yourself for Monster Hunter and just stop posting altogether.

Yeah if MH5 is announced as a Switch exclusive could Utnayan just never post ever again?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If anything, the PS4 would get the spinoffs while the Switch would get the mainline since it would hit both markets :shrug:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Opinions on VOEZ for a huge rhythm game fan?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's good if you like Jpop. Core mechanics work great, but I haven't played much cause I don't like the music.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Beldar has a weird lookin' sword.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

It's solidly okay, but you probably won't ever be challenged.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Sakurazuka posted:

It's good if you like East Asian indie composers and vocaloids, download the phone app and try the free songs there. The Switch has a slightly smaller library of songs than the phone app but they're all unlocked and there's no microtransaction nonsense.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah first impressions, a lot smaller than I expected, man it looks slick but it feels almost too light like I'm gonna snap in half accidentally.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Count me with the "Just glad to Hunt some Mons in a big screen with a controller" crowd, so fukken hyped.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Meridian posted:

Beldar has a weird lookin' sword.

Haha I had almost the same thought, except about the super freaky senso-rings.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Wait, the new MH is yet another marginally different re-release of an old game. What the hell.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Renoistic posted:

Wait, the new MH is yet another marginally different re-release of an old game. What the hell.

Have... have you ever looked at the release cycle of Monster Hunter?

It's the G-rank expansion/balance overhaul for Monster Hunter Generations. Pretty much every generation of Monster Hunter has had one. The current batch of newer fans maybe got slightly spoiled because we never got Monster Hunter 4 in the west, and instead skipped straight to Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, which this next game is the equivalent of for Monster Hunter Generations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Renoistic posted:

MonsterHunter.txt

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Renoistic posted:

Please do not let modern capcom reinvent the wheel on monster hunter, dear god

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This thread took an interesting turn.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Monster Hunter fans are rabid fools on the level of Paradox fans when it comes to putting hundreds of hours into mechanically-similar games, ignore us.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Paradox games are great

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
So, ARMS testpunch. If we unlock anything during this test, do you think we'll get to keep it for the full release? Will it be like Overwatch in that some ARMS will be more rare than others?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All I see is more retro indie trash. Where this game you mention???

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Imagined posted:

So, ARMS testpunch. If we unlock anything during this test, do you think we'll get to keep it for the full release? Will it be like Overwatch in that some ARMS will be more rare than others?

Probably no for both.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh yeah first impressions, a lot smaller than I expected, man it looks slick but it feels almost too light like I'm gonna snap in half accidentally.

I don't think you'll have to worry about that. The fun starts at 2:40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Kashuno posted:

MonsterHunter.txt
More like AllGames.txt tbh

• Locked thread