Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

This blatant "I can't admit to my mistakes so I create some bullshit dream of how I'm right" mental gymnastics is exactly why CIG can never do anything they can't flip and make good in their minds. poo poo on my chest and I'll tell you how it's ok I took your steamy load for the greater good.

Jesus H Gandhi Christ, people this illogical really grind my gears.

I feel this is totally ok to get pissed irl about because it's not about a "game". It's about the state of the stupid parts of the human condition. I know gently caress wads like this in real life. They could kick a newborn puppy and find a way to justify it to other people.

"Oh it's cool guys, I am pretty sure I saw it foaming at the mouth on its way out of the birth canal. Probably had the worst kind of rabies. No need to thank me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Sillybones posted:

Why are they voting that comment to higher visibility? The guy clearly goes insane.

If I had to guess I'd say he's angry, possibly at Star Marine.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

DarkRefreshment posted:

"Oh it's cool guys, I am pretty sure I saw it foaming at the mouth on its way out of the birth canal. Probably had the worst kind of rabies. No need to thank me"

Tripling rabies every seconds? Wait... is dancey Cat safe ? :ohdear:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYIFrRT6jMs

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot
todays Friday where we find out if 1 day of development happened this week or two.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 26, 2017

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

SirPenguin posted:

lol, still "working" on the single new NPC they showed in that 3.0 demo nearly a year ago

yeah, that makes sense

His glass of whiskey will be removed. Because he drank it not because they can't animate the fluids still.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

gently caress Chris Roberts and his stupid space future where everyone sounds like Jason Statham and everything has a stupid British name

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Even their mocap is broken.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

And I guess :pgabz: has made them design a system where you flip a switch and your balls turn black or yellow

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Don't tell Chris Everspace is out as a full release.
Or he might want to redo the mocap again.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

the 60 year old guy in the first twitch panel was really mean to touchdowntim55 on reddit yesterday, and on other infamous days

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

happyhippy posted:

Don't tell Chris Everspace is out as a full release.
Or he might want to redo the mocap again.

I'm sure he stubbed his toe this morning, and how realises he has to redo the mocap to add the fidelitous option of doing every action with a slight limp.

You can always find a reason to do more mocap.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

SelenicMartian posted:

And I guess :pgabz: has made them design a system where you flip a switch and your balls turn black or yellow

this is good ball science

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

- Is this ready to ship, Chris?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SelenicMartian posted:

Great job designing a two ball system for a one ball game.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

SelenicMartian posted:

What you mean airlocks dont actually have any fluidic motion of air?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

SelenicMartian posted:

What happens if you stand in the corner, outside of the sphere: no air?

Great to see they're catching up with Hellion.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

As in, “Star Citizen: Non Sequitur 101”?

Alternate title: “Why boom is just that much better.”

Amusingly I was watching a documentary last night about them using the fuel lines to 'tow' fighters back to base in vietnam, then they had a contemporary story about an F4 over the Atlantic with engine trouble that they used a boom to 'tow' up to altitude and back to land.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tokamak posted:

We got confirmation on ATV that Kythera AI is being removed. I had presumed it when they started talking about subsumption as if they were building it from scratch. You would read speculation from backers about bringing Kythera in-house or that subsumption is based on it, but CIG remained tight lipped on the matter. We can add Moon Collider, another failed outsourcing contract to the pile.

Early days. Glad to see they're making progress by cutting out what they don't need. 10% of 100 is 20% of 50.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

:thunk:

This is highly questionable in my opinion.
Also, the way they do this, I assume you won't get blown away by opening an airlock from the outside without depressurizing it first.

Quavers posted:

Great to see they're catching up with Hellion.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Did Croberto really cast himself in his Wing Commander movie, or is that gif of his chariot being pushed off the side of the space thing a shop?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

BeigeJacket posted:

Did Croberto really cast himself in his Wing Commander movie, or is that gif of his chariot being pushed off the side of the space thing a shop?

The crobblers casted himself (for more sweet royalty, of course), the scene with the space bulldozer is not of his chariot being pushed off the space carrier deck. Its Freddy prize love interest ship.

In the original cut , the Crobbler is literally the savior of the protagonist, rescuing him after the finale as a S&R ship pilot.

He's also rumored of being triple and quadruple dipping for his salary for SQ 42, being the "Producer", "Writer", "Realisator" and "CEO" of the studio, drawing salary (or royalty) for each position.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 26, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

BeigeJacket posted:

Yes, but that isn't Roberts ship being pushed off the cliff. The movie would have been more successful if it was, however.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

aleksendr posted:

In the original cut , the Crobbler is literally the savior of the protagonist, rescuing him after the finale as a S&R ship pilot.

I've seen the gif many times, but really? Goddamn.

Alot of directors like to cast themselves, but almost universally as super small cameos and throwavay parts, often dying. It takes balls to make yourself into a guy who saves the day.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XY-Kqt1Egk

The part itself.

Love the crappy camera angles on it.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Chris Roberts actually casted himself in the (god awful) extended Freelancer intro movie that got cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exR36BzJCdo

I said it before; but the original intro was really cool and set up a nice world, without spoiling too much.

The extended intro is just awfully poo poo and garbage and features Crobbers as some random dude, obviously.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Hobold posted:

And the person that pointed out his completely hosed logic, is at -4. He got down voted for pointing out stupidity.

:allears: It's a metaphor for our modern era.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sometimes you just have to love that narcissistic buffoon.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

cool new Polack jokes posted:

gently caress Chris Roberts and his stupid space future where everyone sounds like Jason Statham and everything has a stupid British name

SHUT IT 'UMIE, ORKZ IS DA KRUMPIEST 'AN BEST.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Now I really want SC but with W40K orc boys.
That also exists.
And is good.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Sometimes you just have to love that narcissistic buffoon.

Indeed - I unironically admire the sheer shamelessness of the man.

Like, if some Hollywood studio were demented enough to give me tens of millions of dollars to direct a film, you'd probably be seeing my pasty face as 'condemned prisoner number 3' or whatever.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Hav posted:

:allears: It's a metaphor for our modern era.

The reality of this statement makes me very sad.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hobold posted:

The reality of this statement makes me very sad.

From time to time, we all feel grief commando.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Chris Roberts is truly the Adam Sandler of gaming...

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Roflan posted:

Chris Roberts is truly the Adam Sandler of gaming...

At least Adam Sandler delivers what he promises while lugging his talentless friends around the world rolling in cash

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Chris Roberts is more like that juicer that just came out that had like hundreds of millions of dollars invested in it and it turns out all it does is squeeze a bag you could've squeezed by hand. But it can connect to WiFi for some reason

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
https://youtu.be/hd3EprZ9wiU?t=8m43s

quote:

"The game programming team in Frankfurt has grown over the past few months, the team is currently at 3 people, one lead and two others.

This month they did a pass on improving the functionality of doors"

Wait, out of 400 staff they only have 3 actual programmers working on systems and gameplay at one of their biggest studios?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock posted:

Chris Roberts is more like that juicer that just came out that had like hundreds of millions of dollars invested in it and it turns out all it does is squeeze a bag you could've squeezed by hand. But it can connect to WiFi for some reason

It also runs on a subscription of iirc 40 bucks a week which gave you five glasses of juice

so pretty much the scam part of the business model as well.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

At least Adam Sandler delivers what he promises while lugging his talentless friends around the world rolling in cash

Having seen far too many Sandler movies, I'd prefer if Sandler adopted Roberts' model-- that way he wouldn't have to inflict the result of the scam on the rest of the world. But at least the only people Sandler scams are coked out Hollywood investors; Roberts steals from the mentally ill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

RubberJohnny posted:

https://youtu.be/hd3EprZ9wiU?t=8m43s

Wait, out of 400 staff they only have 3 actual programmers working on systems and gameplay at one of their biggest studios?

No this isn't a scam