Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

After The War posted:

I wish. It would have been a nice change from all the parent death fantasies and "upper middle class white kids goofing off" poo poo. :sigh:

Oh God, I had forgotten about that level of it, where constructive criticism is more or less "Hey. Grow up a little." After that comes the dudes who are writing their epic gently caress memoirs, only it's a novel, it's a character, it's not them ;), and a bunch of retired women writing about the 60s, and then the people who are a little more serious and make it to the the advanced workshops.

There's also this weird, small portion of middle-aged white women who write stories about author self-inserts traveling to countries the author never been to, with cultures they've never researched, authors who react with open hostility to the most basic of criticism like "I think you need to read a little more about Morocco before you have your character be forced to piss in a jar because there's no such thing as a restroom there."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

this is just the pettiest bullshit and also doesn't really make any sense if you expend two seconds of thought on it

Bicyclops posted:

There's also this weird, small portion of middle-aged white women who write stories about author self-inserts traveling to countries the author never been to, with cultures they've never researched, authors who react with open hostility to the most basic of criticism like "I think you need to read a little more about Morocco before you have your character be forced to piss in a jar because there's no such thing as a restroom there."

influences include Eat Pray Love

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

New Zealand just unveiled its budget, and I guess it really shafts the environment.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"I'm not here to make fronds" is terrible and I loving love it. :allears:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010
Not quite a cartoon, but it does have an obnoxiously large label like one.

http://i.imgur.com/5kv3zJh.gifv

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Shangri-Law School posted:

New Zealand just unveiled its budget, and I guess it really shafts the environment.

At work right now, but tomorrow when I get home I am ripping so many avatar from these.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Almost like states designed along ethnoreligious lines have inherent issues :can:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

God shouting "Jesus!" might be an easy joke, but it made me laugh.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

It's one thing for Prickly City to criticize Trump's personal qualities, but man, I didn't expect them to criticize actual GOP policy.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Alhazred posted:

No new Zelda strip today because of celestial bouncing day:

I woulda gone with "Mein oval office".

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Pakled posted:

It's one thing for Prickly City to criticize Trump's personal qualities, but man, I didn't expect them to criticize actual GOP policy.

Notice he calls it "Trumpcare" even though it's entirely a creation of Paul Ryan and the House Republicans.

Remember, Stantis wrote a whole introspective comic about how he fell for the Iraq War hype, but he turned out to be wrong, and from now on would always question his assumptions, scrutinize his own politics, and never uncritically accept propaganda again......then started drawing new comics blaming the whole thing on Obama and repeating the Republican party line on everything.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Cpt.Americant posted:

Not quite a cartoon, but it does have an obnoxiously large label like one.

http://i.imgur.com/5kv3zJh.gifv

Trump is totally a cartoon.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Pakled posted:

Don't worry, this brief moment of lucidity will pass and he'll soon get back to the real issue of the day: Hillary Clinton

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I love how when they try to draw a flattering portrait of Trump they just have to make it look nothing like him at all

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

empty whippet box posted:

I love how when they try to draw a flattering portrait of Trump they just have to make it look nothing like him at all

The Rall strategy.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

:golfclap: Well done.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Same, but with video games.

empty whippet box posted:

I feel like JRRose draws exclusively in Powerpoint clipart. Trump is just "Business Man"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"Also these readings seem to indicate that your brain is full of spiders, and unless I'm entirely mistaken you appear to have... garlic in your soul. Frankly, Mr Elephant, I wouldn't advise anyone to touch you with a thirty-nine-and-a-half-foot pole."

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

loquacius posted:

"Also these readings seem to indicate that your brain is full of spiders, and unless I'm entirely mistaken you appear to have... garlic in your soul. Frankly, Mr Elephant, I wouldn't advise anyone to touch you with a thirty-nine-and-a-half-foot pole."

lol

I'm looking forward to seeing if any cartoonists besides maybe Bolling and Bors address the body slamming controversy.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

lol

I'm looking forward to seeing if any cartoonists besides maybe Bolling and Bors address the body slamming controversy.

Well, bad reporter too

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

albany academy posted:

Well, bad reporter too

Yeah, it was a good joke too, actually.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I seriously don't understand why the kneejerk for all the warhawk cartoonists is to call terrorists pussies. Like do you think you're going to hurt their feelings? They're not doing this poo poo to prove how macho they are or impress you.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Lurdiak posted:

I seriously don't understand why the kneejerk for all the warhawk cartoonists is to call terrorists pussies. Like do you think you're going to hurt their feelings? They're not doing this poo poo to prove how macho they are or impress you.

It's so that the cartoonists can feel better about themselves.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Lurdiak posted:

Being called girlish or weak is the worst thing they can think of, so they go with that.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Terrorism is essentially "Notice me senpai".

Thats the difference with rebel forces or a civil war. Terrorist can't win a war against the state, they just want to be noticed.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
God bless you, Tei

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

God bless you, Tei

Transcended from "what the hell did I just read" to "oh you darling lil rascal"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Keep it up Tei and I might remove you from my ban file.:smug:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Keep it up Tei and I might remove you from my ban file.:smug:

Hahahaha.. Thanks for the support.

I was just using the dictionary definition of terrorism. If terrorist had any real power, they would attack military targets or stuff like critical bridges. But they attack civil centers because they want to make frontpage like some fedora redditor.

The terrorist sweet dream is for senpai to say "Ok, [brave warrior, freedom fighter] let sit together in a table, and talk about your needs".

Edit:
I think this thread will love this photo:

Title is: First Gentleman of Luxembourg, Who’s Married to World’s Only Openly Gay Prime Minister, Poses With Spouses of World Leaders.

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 26, 2017

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

loquacius posted:

:golfclap:

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

I can kind of understand it, at least in a pretty general sense. These people want to retaliate and since the person who did it is dead and there isn't anybody else obvious to go after, all they've got left is to stand and scream insults into the void.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Tei posted:

Hahahaha.. Thanks for the support.

I was just using the dictionary definition of terrorism. If terrorist had any real power, they would attack military targets or stuff like critical bridges. But they attack civil centers because they want to make frontpage like some fedora redditor.

The terrorist sweet dream is for senpai to say "Ok, [brave warrior, freedom fighter] let sit together in a table, and talk about your needs".

This is a really good post, like drat.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Lurdiak posted:

I mean, the goal of terrorism is to induce terror, usually far beyond the scope of those directly killed or injured; mocking and diminishing them instead of building them up as a terrifying threat can rob them of that power.

The thing is, these people making the "terrorists are pussies" cartoons are also desperately afraid of them, and support poo poo like the Muslim ban because of it, so it comes off as weak posturing instead. And as we saw during the Obama administration, they're just as willing to hype up ISIS as the most dangerous and scary thing ever when it suits them politically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Donald Trump: Those losers in ISIS are Fedora Redditors. Terrible.

• Locked thread