Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Later this morning Joe did a piece about the Seth rich nonsense, relating it to what he claims he sometimes go through with that girl that died in his office.

If he wasn't being sincere, it was a convincing show.

None of the people that thrived when he was around could survive these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Because their voters don't care.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/868108053639553024

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/868108103845371904

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/868108293281021952

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/868108415977050112

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Like others have mentioned, it's different for every person. the stages are fairly consistent though, and the patient is generally able to hide the early stages. ....

...(Snip)...

This is a fantastic post. My uncle has been taking care of my Aunt, who had early onset, for almost 20 years at this point. I would never wish it on anyone, even the President and I don't like how I see certain undercurrents going on with even good people almost not resisting the urge to get a shot in on this one. Trump is a contemptible piece of poo poo, but him going through that ordeal as President is real sad and absolutely loving terrifying for all of us at the same time.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Yeah, they're worried

https://twitter.com/TexasTribAbby/status/868099481513975809

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake

Boon posted:

Yeah... it's an R+11 district that went +15 in 2014, +16 in 2016 just 4 months ago and state-wide went +20 for Trump.

But sure, you're comparing the governor race to the house race and that's the same thing.

Yeah, because it makes so much more sense to pretend that the party is capable of winning or putting up a better performance literally every other statewide office within the last 4 years but somehow the at large congressional seat is untouchable. The reality is that part of the reason why the margin has always been better for Senate & Gov. races is because the national party has invested heavily in those races. I was working field in the state in 2016- even after the campaigns consolidated their operations, Bullock had everything he needed and Juneau was scraping by.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

mcmagic posted:

I would bet that a non zero amount of Republican candidates for congress in 2018 will punch or engage in some other sort of physical violence or intimidation against their Democratic opponents. They know exactly what their base rewards them for.

...Gianforte was not rewarded for it, he just dodged punishment. There's a pretty big difference.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So Quist didn't run any negative adds but got 5M of negative ads run against him?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

punched my v-card at camp posted:

Yeah, because it makes so much more sense to pretend that the party is capable of winning or putting up a better performance literally every other statewide office within the last 4 years but somehow the at large congressional seat is untouchable. The reality is that part of the reason why the margin has always been better for Senate & Gov. races is because the national party has invested heavily in those races. I was working field in the state in 2016- even after the campaigns consolidated their operations, Bullock had everything he needed and Juneau was scraping by.

Montana race spending on this election was a congressional record. The RNC and NRCC combined for way more than the DNC could put up for a district that is at best a long shot. At the end of the day, a seat that will see all of 12 months of actual work, if that, isn't that valuable to the DNC if it has to double the initial investment a year from now. If Quist runs again one year from this date he will be in a better position than he was two months ago. Seriously, the seat is for the most part symbolic to the Dems, all that really matters is 2018 and that the D overperformance holds, and so far it has.

So two things:
a) Way to compare apples to oranges
b) Perspective

Boon fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 26, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

I mean it's not like Republicans aren't actively loving the people of Texas over

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/867884277815533572

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Boon posted:

Montana race spending on this election was a congressional record. The RNC and NRCC combined for way more than the DNC could put up for a district that is at best a long shot. At the end of the day, a seat that will see all of 12 months of actual work, if that, isn't that valuable to the DNC if it has to double the initial investment a year from now. If Quist runs again one year from this date he will be in a better position than he was two months ago.

So two things:
b) Perspective
And yet Dems are spending a shitload on GA-6.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Josh Lyman posted:

Trump won that district by 1 point and Ossof nearly hit 50% in the special election. That's a gently caress load different than a district Trump won by 20 and the congressman by 16.

While yes, it'll be held a short time, it's also a fairly decent shot at winning the seat and so the investment isn't as much of a risk as Montana at large

Boon fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 26, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Dem strategists have been convinced for years that the suburbs of atlanta are their's for the taking. That as more millenials move there for jobs, the region will go blue.

Turns out all the millenials live ITP and only drive out that way to go to the korean span and sauna lol owned

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boon posted:

Montana race spending on this election was a congressional record. The RNC and NRCC combined for way more than the DNC could put up for a district that is at best a long shot. At the end of the day, a seat that will see all of 12 months of actual work, if that, isn't that valuable to the DNC if it has to double the initial investment a year from now. If Quist runs again one year from this date he will be in a better position than he was two months ago.

So two things:
b) Perspective

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/868109193487818752

https://twitter.com/LoganDobson/status/868109395258945536

https://twitter.com/PatrickRuffini/status/868110235180912644

Sep 4, 2008

Boon posted:

So two things:
b) Perspective

If you think about it, if the Democrats never pick up seats, they'll never have to spend money to defend them!

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

If you read this thread and live in Texas, do the needful.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/868114828266754048

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

RuanGacho posted:

...vote? Unless you have another idea on how to influence the governor (note: he gives no fucks about what we say) or the judiciary (they should give no fucks about what we say).

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

If you think about it, if the Democrats never pick up seats, they'll never have to spend money to defend them!

If you think about it, not actually having an argument you can defend means you never have to defend it!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Claiming Trump is mentally ill or has dementia is a way of exonerating him his actions because he is not in full command of his facilities if he did have those diseases. It's also a slight against people who really do suffer from dementia and Alzheimer . It's just not a good thing to do.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

RuanGacho posted:

I need to try to get my good lady to register to vote here. She's currently still voting in CA-52, but they don't need her. Texas does.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Claiming Trump is mentally ill or has dementia is a way of exonerating him his actions because he is not in full command of his facilities if he did have those diseases. It's also a slight against people who really do suffer from dementia and Alzheimer . It's just not a good thing to do.

IDK what illness he has but he's clearly mentally ill.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

ReidRansom posted:

I need to try to get my good lady to register to vote here. She's currently still voting in CA-52, but they don't need her. Texas does.

please do, and get your social media on to set an example for others

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

So, if I'm reading this right, Gianforte only had a mild advantage in # of ads?

Where did all his extra money go?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Hollismason posted:

I honestly hate it as its the same exact poo poo before the election people were doing with hillary, pointing to random poo poo in a video as proof shes not all there

The more likely answer is trump is an old man who treats his body like poo poo , doing the most stressful job in the world , and its catching up to him

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

theflyingorc posted:

So, if I'm reading this right, Gianforte only had a mild advantage in # of ads?

Where did all his extra money go?

Paying for Don Jr. to shoot poo poo, probably.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Gonna assume you're talking about Obama, whose main message about gun control was "hey, let's do something about all these people killing kids, maybe?" and then a big fat nothing coming of it. Most of the pro gun control people watching those speeches were also disappointed because he wasn't pushing for more gun control during them. It's almost like no matter what a democrat actually says or does, republican voters that get their news filtered via fox news don't actually have a loving idea what the democrat president actually yammers on about because they don't loving listen to him ever. How you arrive at the conclusion "Well he just needs to talk to them" when they have never and will never actually listen to him is beyond me.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/05/politics/obama-executive-action-gun-control/

Whether I agree or not is not the issue. Obama did push the issue and all it did was feed the nutters.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/868117225613479937

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

It's not a baseless claim. The symptoms are there, clear as daylight.

Sep 4, 2008

Boon posted:

If you think about it, not actually having an argument you can defend means you never have to defend it!

You're absolutely right, the fact that the Democratic party has consistently had success competing in statewide races in Montana, including Senate elections, has absolutely no bearing on their ability to win a statewide election in Montana. They're totally different!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

could it be our president is just mind-boggingly stupid?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Groovelord Neato posted:

Just? No. His behavior is definitely pathological. Many psychologists have already staked their professional opinion on it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

It's not a baseless claim. The symptoms are there, clear as daylight.

Yes, it's very clear to all of us psychological professionals.

Trump's an rear end in a top hat. But he doesn't need to be mentally ill to be an rear end in a top hat, not when he's been rewarded for it his entire life. Let his own drat doctor diagnose him, or not. I honestly don't really care. All that really matters is his agenda and stopping him from enacting it.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

You're absolutely right, the fact that the Democratic party has consistently had success competing in statewide races in Montana, including Senate elections, has absolutely no bearing on their ability to win a statewide election in Montana. They're totally different!

Nate Silver seems to think this result is significant, and I'd trust him to stab me if he said it was good for me. :shrug:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

The FBI’s involvement could come with some risks, Frankel said, both for the company and the president. In the course of its investigation, the FBI could get access to the Trump Organization’s computer network, meaning FBI agents could possibly find records connected to other investigations.

"There could be stuff in there that they do not want to become part of a separate criminal investigation," Frankel said.

“We absolutely weren’t hacked,” Eric Trump said during the brief call. “That’s crazy. We weren’t hacked, I can tell you that.”

heh

Also the Trumps were briefed on this the day before comey was fired lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yes. He's stupid. He has no understanding of any policy issue.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Lightning Lord posted:

We have already had a president who had these sorts of accusations leveled against him, Reagan. Its not 1:1 comparable, but examine his presidency.

Reminder that you can read a very entertaining list of all the times Reagan got crazy (like frequently mixing up stuff that happened in a movie with stuff that actually happened) here.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Tengames posted:

I honestly hate it as its the same exact poo poo before the election people were doing with hillary, pointing to random poo poo in a video as proof shes not all there

The more likely answer is trump is an old man who treats his body like poo poo , doing the most stressful job in the world , and its catching up to him

Doesn't even gotta be stress or exhaustion. His style of speaking seems to hit home with his audience so of course he's gonna stick with it. That's just basic public speaking.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6LOWKVq5sQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yes, it's very clear to all of us psychological professionals.

Yes, many of them have come out and said it:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...r-a7694316.html

http://www.salon.com/2017/05/07/duty-to-warn-shrinks-cant-say-that-donald-trump-suffers-from-a-mental-disorder-but-we-can/

quote:

Trump's an rear end in a top hat. But he doesn't need to be mentally ill to be an rear end in a top hat, not when he's been rewarded for it his entire life. Let his own drat doctor diagnose him, or not. I honestly don't really care. All that really matters is his agenda and stopping him from enacting it.

You definitely should care that someone who has the nuclear codes possibly has severe mental problems.

• Locked thread