Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Funny moment in the F2 feature race (don't click if you don't want to be spoiled, obviously): https://streamable.com/tx3qn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

poty posted:

Phew, I thought you were gonna link the one I sent

It definitely reads like a Tony post though you have to admit

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

gret posted:

Funny moment in the F2 feature race (don't click if you don't want to be spoiled, obviously): https://streamable.com/tx3qn

lmao

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
This is from a few years back but it's really awesome. The look Jenson gives Coulthard when they get underway from the sheer power lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J30f5YG_KnM

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

gret posted:

ahahaha

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

So, to anybody not running them to the cords how long do they last?

I've heard the useful life is 200 laps or so and you can probably get another hundred laps after that. If you look at it compared to something like Autocross where it's like $800 to get maybe 50-70 runs it's not such a bad deal. Even so the lure of free tires beside the portable toilets always calls to me.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

gret posted:

Pete Bonington could learn something from that guy and tell Lewis to quit his loving whining during the race.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Yeah i usually get something like 400ish out of my bridgestone ylcs for 210, but my engine doesnt put out as much energy so ymmv.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

1500quidporsche posted:

I've heard the useful life is 200 laps or so and you can probably get another hundred laps after that. If you look at it compared to something like Autocross where it's like $800 to get maybe 50-70 runs it's not such a bad deal. Even so the lure of free tires beside the portable toilets always calls to me.

That isn't what the nice gentleman was promising when he assured you he'd have a rubber if you went with him

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

At the final practice session before the Indy500 just now, Rossi was reporting his Honda was down on power and then Hinchcliffe had his blow up and start dumping its oil.
Did Alonso bring the curse with him? :ohdear:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ok, gently caress Honda. Seriously.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

This is from a few years back but it's really awesome. The look Jenson gives Coulthard when they get underway from the sheer power lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J30f5YG_KnM

List of drivers who would be the most fun to hang out with / be on a team with:

- Jenson Button
- Fernando Alonso
- Mark Webber
- David Coulthard

I want to see that exact team with Le Mans.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

So how many sessions or Kart days/events would one theoretically get out of a fresh set of tires at 250 laps?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Theophany posted:

Pete Bonington could learn something from that guy and tell Lewis to quit his loving whining during the race.

He sort of did in Sochi(?) when he told him to focus on driving. I think he's just more polite.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rossi's engine is fine, they must have figured out what was wrong with it because he got up to the top 3 at one point.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

So how many sessions or Kart days/events would one theoretically get out of a fresh set of tires at 250 laps?

Practice day or a Race usually is 30-35 laps. There's 12 races in the year I'm pretty sure I could cover atleast 10 of them although it'd probably be better to throw on some bin tires with a bit more meat on them by the end.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1500quidporsche posted:

It's like $450 or something. I was going to buy a race set this year but I just can't be bothered for what's a hobby and I sort of enjoy continuing the "Whoah look at this piece of poo poo I drive" narrative.

Bought one without really knowing anything about them from some weirdo super Christian roofer dude who isn't even part of the kart club. The thing was a real dog when I first bought it, bolts were loose/missing all over the place.

I see, the Hispania method.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
To be fair I think you would probably have a lot more fun picking up a cheap kart and just driving it. I've seen those guys, they obsess over which upgrade will shave a tiny bit off their laptimes and spend a fortune on having the bestest most shineyist Kart on the grid that should in theory be the fastest, and then they baby them and end up mid field anyway. Always some other drivers fault though, the other drivers are mean and over aggressive, if it hadn't been for the other drivers they would have got the lap record.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Its hosed up, but you can both buy a cheap kart and be better than mid field.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Passed two Renault Motorsport F1 Team liveried articulated lorries on the M27 travelling from Southampton east towards Portsmouth today, and I only just bothered to wiki to see if they were actually a team in the championship

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Friend of mine had an OK kart and an average amount of talent and used to always place much higher than he had any right to be, purely because he had a reputation for deliberately loving up people's vinyl wraps.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
A very good reputation to have.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

learnincurve posted:

Friend of mine had an OK kart and an average amount of talent and used to always place much higher than he had any right to be, purely because he had a reputation for deliberately loving up people's vinyl wraps.

If it ain't rubbin it ain't racin' :clint:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GramCracker posted:

If it ain't rubbin it ain't racin' :clint:

I keep it in my pants if Fernando isn't on track

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

gret posted:

Haha, that's gold

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

I keep it in my pants if Fernando isn't on track

Lmbo :same:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp5luMfQyOY

lol, Nico's face when Jenson says Bahrain was useless for him to do.

Also, once again, the F1 youtube channel is amazing. FP1 & 2 highlights, a Senna tribute video, this press conference... all at 1080p 50fps too.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOu8nzCGjM

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

1500quidporsche posted:

I've heard the useful life is 200 laps or so and you can probably get another hundred laps after that. If you look at it compared to something like Autocross where it's like $800 to get maybe 50-70 runs it's not such a bad deal.
Man, I wish my tires lasted 50 autocross runs. My car's too heavy.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
So, what is the best bar in Tokyo to watch the race?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It seems a bit warm in Monaco. Please let Lewis decide to dump the water bottle again tomorrow.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Finally saw that JB overtake on Lewis in FP2. Glorious :allears:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This Bottas run was his true flat out pace. 1:15.2

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
gently caress sake, 15 place grid penalty for Jense....

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
:lol: they changed parts of "Jenson's" engine and now he has a 15 place penalty.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Halo14 posted:

gently caress sake, 15 place grid penalty for Jense....

:smith: well that's any hope gone, it's not like this is Canada in the wet

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Unfortunately Stroll was flat out so that's his true pace as well.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Tsaedje posted:

:smith: well that's any hope gone, it's not like this is Canada in the wet

We still have the possibility of Stroll and/or Palmer causing a massive pile up in the mid field.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
On the five year anniversary of Schumi's pole that never was as well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My parrot has worked out that she has the same natural pitch as boring mcdougle so is nonsense chattering along with him.

• Locked thread