Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

I suspect Trump be genuinely retarded and demented, what's this thread's opinion on this? (Write at least 10 words; you should not use the words Hillary, Clinton and Fäulnisprozess)

trump is actually three dwarf men in a suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tei posted:

Well, the grenade is a bit too much.

It was probably a novelty cigar lighter. My uncle had one of those.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
It's pretty cool that the mainstream media doesn't even bother to pick up the story about 2 terrorists arrested with a grenade

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's pretty cool that the mainstream media doesn't even bother to pick up the story about 2 terrorists arrested with a grenade

be the change you want to see spunky, write for huffpo opinion section

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I suspect Trump be genuinely retarded and demented, what's this thread's opinion on this? (Write at least 10 words; you should not use the words Hillary, Clinton and Fäulnisprozess)

Is a ~70 years old, don't have a healthy life,.. but you are not asking about health.

Trump seems to be that rare mentally challenged person that is also a highly functional human being. Is smart a pair of rocks and should be in a asylum, protected by the real world. But it happens to have the right quirks to him that society accept his behaviors.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

be the change you want to see spunky, write for huffpo opinion section

They may be coming around

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

trump is actually three dwarf men in a suit

Ok, but what's your opinion about the top/head dwarf's mental state? Retarded & demented?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I'll believe they are coming around when they admit that the 2nd Amendment is there to protect the 1st

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/theonion/status/867826555501858816

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

That is cool. The least thing we need is the MSM playing into the terrorist's hands.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

That's your average friday though, nothing newsworthy

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's highly suspicious but getting into pre-crime territory to claim they're "terrorists". Nutjobs get caught with lots of ammunition and explosives on the regular. That they released one of them already is either a huge mistake or they have good reason to think it is just criminal possession and not plans for mass murder. For example:

quote:

One arrested after grenade discovered inside RV following traffic stop in southwest Oklahoma City

OKLAHOMA CITY - It was a busy morning for officers in southwest Oklahoma City after the bomb squad had to respond to a traffic stop.

Early Friday morning, officers pulled over an RV near S.W. 10th St. and Western Ave. and noticed something suspicious inside the vehicle.

At this point, it is not clear exactly what was deemed suspicious.

However, authorities were seen going through boxes of ammunition along with other items inside the RV.

The Oklahoma City Fire Department, the bomb squad, paramedics and Oklahoma City police all responded to the scene.

Investigators with the Oklahoma City Police Department say they discovered a hand grenade and two firearms inside the RV.

Officials say 41-year-old Scott Michael Boden was taken into custody.
http://kfor.com/2017/05/26/bomb-squad-investigating-items-in-rv-after-traffic-stop-in-southwest-oklahoma-city/

"Why is the MSM hiding this story about a terrorist caught with a grenade?"

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Ok this got a real lol out of me.

"Looks like hate speech is hosed!"

"Edit: it is protected"

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Knight posted:

Lol, white guy living in RV has a grenade

VS

2 middle eastern guys with ties to the middle east with bomb making poo poo and a drone, and a loving grenade

Are you dense

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lmfao WHAT

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
that reminds me about that the intercept story about bomb threats being made to jewish institutions in the US and it turning out to be that an impressive chunk of them came from a reporter that formerly worked there lol

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

that reminds me about that the intercept story about bomb threats being made to jewish institutions in the US and it turning out to be that an impressive chunk of them came from a reporter that formerly worked there lol

It was all some Jewish kid doing it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Wasn't he also jewish?

Edit: yea he was israeli lol

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lol, white guy living in RV has a grenade

VS

2 middle eastern guys with ties to the middle east with bomb making poo poo and a drone, and a loving grenade

Are you dense
Boy, you really hate police and like to second guess their judgement. I support blue lives like a real American!

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tei posted:

Is a ~70 years old, don't have a healthy life,.. but you are not asking about health.

Trump seems to be that rare mentally challenged person that is also a highly functional human being. Is smart a pair of rocks and should be in a asylum, protected by the real world. But it happens to have the right quirks to him that society accept his behaviors.

I also interpreted Trump as like a shark or other creature of finely tuned instincts but little in the way of conscious thought. He's not dumb, he's brilliant in his own special way, but I think much like a shark, when transported outside of his natural environment he might just flop around and then expire. Gut and reflex as a basis of behavior makes you narrow and specialized and denies you the meta thinking required to fix your thinking

If you've read Blinsight by Peter Watts, Trump reminds me of a great many things from it. The theme of conscious thought being a hindrance, an evolutionary accident. The idea floated that the prevalence of sociopaths in CEOS and politicians might be a result of this and part of a trend toward evolution fixing it's mistake. Basically, I'm moderately pro-Trump but I also suspect he might be a philosophical zonbie

SickZip fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 26, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Knight posted:

Boy, you really hate police and like to second guess their judgement. I support blue lives like a real American!

"Real American" is a funny idea. As if being American is a impossible high standard and most people born and raised in USA are something else.

Reminds me of the concept of "Real Programmer", that some people take seriusly.

http://stevenbenner.com/2010/08/will-the-really-real-programmers-please-stand-up/

SickZip posted:

I also interpreted Trump as like a shark or other creature of finely tuned instincts but little in the way of conscious thought. He's not dumb, he's brilliant in his own special way, but I think much like a shark, when transported outside of his natural environment he might just flop around and then expire. Gut and reflex as a basis of behavior makes you narrow and specialized and denies you the meta thinking required to fix your thinking

If you've read Blinsight by Peter Watts, Trump reminds me of a great many things from it. The theme of conscious thought being a hindrance, an evolutionary accident. The idea floated that the prevalence of sociopaths in CEOS and politicians might be a result of this and part of a trend toward evolution fixing it's mistake. Basically, I'm moderately pro-Trump buy I also suspect he might be a philosophical zombie

Yea. We have build a society where lacking mental tools like empathy actually help further power goals. So in some moment we have the top of society filled with elements unable to relate with other human beings and do human things.
Trump is fine? maybe in his own way. The problem is.... Our society is not fine.

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 26, 2017

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
It is a low bar, but in this thread it's impressive to be American because most of the posters are from other countries. I am the 1%.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Knight posted:

It is a low bar, but in this thread it's impressive to be American because most of the posters are from other countries. I am the 1%.

Amen brother.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Knight posted:

Are you fat and smell like rancid grease?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

The others were by some amateur hacker teenager in Israel

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Tei posted:

Yea. We have build a society where lacking mental tools like empathy actually help further power goals. So in some moment we have the top of society filled with elements unable to relate with other human beings and do human things.
Trump is fine? maybe in his own way. The problem is.... Our society is not fine.

It's always been like this. Get used to it.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Are you fat and smell like rancid grease?
Actually I am handsome and smell nice. Give me your address and I will send a signed picture of myself with a dab of my cologne.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

We are living in the most humane society in all of history. People used to own other people just two hundred years ago, and it gets only worse the further back you go from that point.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's always been like this. Get used to it.

The world can burn and explode at the same time. But I will not be of the people that vote yes to press the button. Not with my vote.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Knight posted:

Actually I am handsome and smell nice. Give me your address and I will send a signed picture of myself with a dab of my cologne.

I don't give my address to strangers from third world countries.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Mordor reached stage 3 of his trumprage virus and is now actively screaming for genocide against poor people

Well that's our favorite "well adjusted" broke brain commie. At least he's American.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

It's even better, he was fired because he fabricated witnesses for a made up story wherein Dylan Roof got cucked by a black man

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

Knight posted:

It's highly suspicious but getting into pre-crime territory to claim they're "terrorists". Nutjobs get caught with lots of ammunition and explosives on the regular. That they released one of them already is either a huge mistake or they have good reason to think it is just criminal possession and not plans for mass murder. For example:
http://kfor.com/2017/05/26/bomb-squad-investigating-items-in-rv-after-traffic-stop-in-southwest-oklahoma-city/

Quite honestly--as someone familiar with the rural Midwest--I think that as many as 5% of vehicles in that region are carrying ridiculous amounts of ammunition, armaments, and possibly explosives. It's a cultural thing, they treat weaponry in the exact same manner as fireworks.

LOVE,
VITALIS

Vitalis Jackson fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 26, 2017

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

I don't give my address to strangers from third world countries.
Dear Sir:

I have been requested by the NigerianAmerican National Petroleum Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The American National Petroleum Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for oil exploration in the sub-Sahara regionMidwest. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling EUR$40,000,000. The American National Petroleum Company is desirous of oil exploration in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the American Government, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-American citizen to assist the American National Petroleum Company, and also the Central Bank of America, in moving these funds out of America. If the funds can be transferred to your name, in your account, then you can forward the funds as directed by the American National Petroleum Company. In exchange for your accommodating services, the American National Petroleum Company would agree to allow you to retain 10%, or EUR$4 million of this amount.

Yours truly,

Prince Jared Kushner

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Vitalis Jackson posted:

Quite honestly--as someone familiar with the rural Midwest--I think that as many as 5% of vehicles in that region are carrying ridiculous amounts of ammunition, armaments, and possibly explosives. It's a cultural thing, they great weaponry in the exact same manner as fireworks.

LOVE,
VITALIS

Of course, cuz he's a loving idiot

"Herp derp old white guy with grenade is the same as 2 middle eastern dudes with drone bomb"

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Basic income is a stupid lovely idea

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

quote:

Sapulpa Pipe Bomb Scare Lands Father & Son In Jail

SAPULPA, Oklahoma - Police arrested two Creek County men early Wednesday in connection with live pipe bombs found in a car parked outside the Creek County courthouse in downtown Sapulpa Tuesday afternoon.
They are identified as Berry Nichols, 53, of Mounds and Christopher Nichols, 23, of Sapulpa. They are father and son, court records show.

Police say it all started when a woman left the courthouse and went to Ford Expedition. She told police the tires on her car had been slashed and then she saw what she believed to be pipe bombs inside the car.

Police initially blocked off several blocks around the courthouse and called the Tulsa Police bomb squad along with agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

Both departments confirmed there were two live IEDs inside the woman's SUV. Police say they were made of PVC pipes filled with explosive powder and BBs.
http://www.newson6.com/story/35504310/sapulpa-police-arrest-two-for-placing-explosive-devices-inside-car

Another example of the MSM covering for terrorists with bombs.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Knight posted:

Dear Sir:

I have been requested by the NigerianAmerican National Petroleum Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The American National Petroleum Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for oil exploration in the sub-Sahara regionMidwest. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling EUR$40,000,000. The American National Petroleum Company is desirous of oil exploration in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the American Government, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-American citizen to assist the American National Petroleum Company, and also the Central Bank of America, in moving these funds out of America. If the funds can be transferred to your name, in your account, then you can forward the funds as directed by the American National Petroleum Company. In exchange for your accommodating services, the American National Petroleum Company would agree to allow you to retain 10%, or EUR$4 million of this amount.

Yours truly,

Prince Jared Kushner

Make that about people begging donations for a life saving appendectomy and we are pretty much there already

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tei posted:

"Real American" is a funny idea. As if behing american is a imposible high standard and most people born and raised in USA are something else.

Reminds me of the concept of "Real Programmer", that some people take seriusly.

http://stevenbenner.com/2010/08/will-the-really-real-programmers-please-stand-up/

"Real American" means an American because their a member of a particular indigenous American culture instead of someone whose an American because their a citizen of the American state. Real American culture is a distinct widespread rurally-rooted culture developed and native to America so it gets the name American but people who are citizens of America also get called American. It like Native American or Mexican American or African American except American American sounds dumb so you get terms like Real American.

The party line that pretends to not understand this is derived from the suppression of understanding of the role of internal colonization and resistance to it that is one of the fundamental conflicts of modern American politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Perhaps you are unaware what "terrorism" is.

• Locked thread