Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Loopoo posted:

You're always meant to be DBNO if squadmates are alive? I never knew that. I thought you could insta-die if the person shooting you landed a really damaging headshot or close-range shotgun blast to the abdomen. I've instantly died so many times and just thought it was normal.

It is normal. If you're low health and take an AWM shot to the face without a helmet or eat all the pellets from a 686 without body armor, you don't get knocked out. There are definitely situations where the amount of damage you take surpasses both the health you have left and the health you'd have in a DBNO state.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Loopoo posted:

You're always meant to be DBNO if squadmates are alive? I never knew that. I thought you could insta-die if the person shooting you landed a really damaging headshot or close-range shotgun blast to the abdomen. I've instantly died so many times and just thought it was normal.

If you've been knocked out > 3 times the next time you should normally get knocked out you die, though I have experienced getting shot at literal point blank range and never getting knocked out though I'm assuming it was more desync with the final finishing shot and less bad luck.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

I think I'm good on this game for a while. Tried out the new patch and the lag on reloading and just firing my goddamn gun was loving awful. Look at this crap: https://streamable.com/r0sgp

Multiple seconds go by between the reload animation finishing and the HUD updating that I can actually shoot and then a few times I pull the trigger and nothing happens. AND I guess the S686 is a two hit kill now. Ugh.

Most of the pellets for that glancing blow there went straight into a wall bud. Shotties have always been like that, need to hit them with all the pellets to put them down gud.

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 26, 2017

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I really hope they get on these server issues after the patch quickly. I'm extremely gun shy from The Culling, which started off as a good game but then got hosed a little more with each subsequent patch with the devs treating the major issues like they were minor and focusing on poo poo that didn't really matter, like cosmetics. Put 100% of your effort into keeping the game in a playable state, then focus on other stuff, even if it pushes back your overall schedule.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
For what it is worth, later that evening I had perfectly pleasant lag-free games. It seems like the issue may be related to overall server network performance under peak loads right now. During the late night off hours it was fine for me.

The latest patch also granted me a boon of +20 FPS. I no longer play with any goofy launch mode settings and just set everything to Ultra and it's liquid smooth. My rig is a 3+ year old processor with DDR3 RAM that I jammed a GTX 1080 into to breath some extra life into it.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
They deployed a 14mb patch and it feels like it did before the monthly update so hopefully they've smoothed out the worst of it. It still felt a tiny bit rubbery bandy in places but that was only for a few seconds.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
yeah i only had a few big rubber band issues the whole night while streaming, but it has become more frequent than prior to the patch

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA
The lag was unreal tonight. In addition to it taking multiple seconds to use anything, I got into two fights where my UMP would be set to auto and fire like 1-2 shots then jam up, so I would have to click as fast as I could to fire quickly.

cybertier
May 2, 2013
According to the public discord they deployed a patch to the servers that should help with the lag.
Also their primary goal for this month is to work on server performance. So chances are, that it'll get better soon.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Xachariah posted:

Most of the pellets for that glancing blow there went straight into a wall bud. Shotties have always been like that, need to hit them with all the pellets to put them down gud.

Yodzilla is just being a babby. game good, but remember it's the cool thing to do when you blame the game and not your own skill

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Carebearz posted:

Yodzilla is just being a babby. game good, but remember it's the cool thing to do when you blame the game and not your own skill

...Did you watch the video? Because the guy had multiple seconds between pulling the trigger and bullets coming out of the gun. Whether you think he's skilled or not you can't deny the game was being laggy as gently caress there.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Personal shotgun anecdote:

Last night I one shot a guy early in the game with the over/under shotty with a choke. He had on a level 1 vest I'm pretty sure. I set up an ambush in one of the Yasnaya apartments. Waited for him to open the door and loot the stuff immediately in front of the door. One shot was all it took.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

PantsBandit posted:

...Did you watch the video? Because the guy had multiple seconds between pulling the trigger and bullets coming out of the gun. Whether you think he's skilled or not you can't deny the game was being laggy as gently caress there.

Maybe I'm just lucky and have never experienced all this lag that everyone seems to get.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carebearz posted:

Maybe I'm just lucky and have never experienced all this lag that everyone seems to get.

I had some rubber-banding last night, but it wasn't game breaking at all, and it wasn't constant.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Carebearz posted:

if you've never experienced any lag in your seemingly endless # of games you're either lying or you don't know what lag is lmao

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011
http://plays.tv/video/5927ce3cdc930c8632/we-can-fly-now-pubattlegrounds-pubg

New vehicle bunny hop feature looking sick

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

never ever fix the vehicle physics please

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

if you've never experienced any lag in your seemingly endless # of games you're either lying or you don't know what lag is lmao

13+ years working with computers as a network engineer begs to differ. the only time I ever have latency/lag issues is in the lobby island, but I don't really count that.

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 26, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
ive basically never had noticeable lag in this game either lol, sucks to hear your experience is poo poo

asia server is basically rock solid all the time

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Carebearz posted:

As a network engineer perhaps you should consider that simply because you don't have any lag does not mean everyone else has the same good fortune. In fact seeing that a large percentage of the people all talk about it with some frequency, it seems kind of obvious that it exists. Unless you think it's a huge conspiracy.

I've never had major game breaking lag, but almost everyone in my playgroup (10~ people) have had rubber-banding events where the character gets sent backwards in time, and there are more than a few times where people will die in a firefight when they are already behind cover where the enemy has no shot.

If you've never experienced either of those things, then yes, you should consider yourself lucky.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Megasabin posted:

As a network engineer perhaps you should consider that simply because you don't have any lag does not mean everyone else has the same good fortune. In fact seeing that a large percentage of the people all talk about it with some frequency, it seems kind of obvious that it exists. Unless you think it's a huge conspiracy.

I've never had major game breaking lag, but almost everyone in my playgroup (10~ people) have had rubber-banding events where the character gets sent backwards in time, and there are more than a few times where I die in a firefight where people die when they are already behind cover where the enemy has no shot.

If you've never experienced either of those things, then yes, you should consider yourself lucky.

Because if there is any slowdown issues it obviously always the providers fault and is in no way possible being caused by anything on the users end. There's a reason why User is spelled as Luser.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Carebearz posted:

Because if there is any slowdown issues it obviously always the providers fault and is in no way possible being caused by anything on the users end. There's a reason why User is spelled as Luser.

I'm having a really hard time grasping your train of thought.

The developers of the game clearly acknowledge there are server issues, and are literally dedicating an entire monthly patch to addressing them (next month in fact). A large percentage of the playerbase from varying regions of the world with differing internet connections experiences these issues. In fact lots of streamers capture the rubber banding all the time, and it's easy to find evidence of it.

Yet, because you don't have any issues, it must be all the the users fault? That doesn't seem like a reasonable way to think about it to me.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Carebearz posted:

Please push your glasses further up. Gotta keep that IT stereotype strong.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I swear some games everyone is teaming against me even in solo. Driving through a seemingly completely empty field? Guy with a suppressed AR behind a tree. I skid to a halt but it took me too long to come to a stop so I'm too far away from him than I'd like so I keep going. Then another prick with another suppressed AR behind a different tree starts shooting me as well as the first guy.

Please everyone in the circle just loving shoot at me why don't you. Never mind that the guy who shot first just revealed his position and broke cover to shoot at me, lets just completely ignore that guy.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Carebearz posted:

13+ years working with computers as a network engineer begs to differ. the only time I ever have llatency/lag issues is in the lobby island, but I don't really count that.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Please push your glasses further up. Gotta keep that IT stereotype strong.

I wish I wore glasses so I could actually do this, but unfortunately I was born with decent eyesight. I guess I could go get my sunglasses?

but lets talk more about how if people are having issues while most aren't, perhaps the issue ISN'T with the game, but your ISP limiting your bandwidth, which does happen (even if they tell you it doesn't)

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 26, 2017

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I swear some games everyone is teaming against me even in solo. Driving through a seemingly completely empty field? Guy with a suppressed AR behind a tree. I skid to a halt but it took me too long to come to a stop so I'm too far away from him than I'd like so I keep going. Then another prick with another suppressed AR behind a different tree starts shooting me as well as the first guy.

Please everyone in the circle just loving shoot at me why don't you. Never mind that the guy who shot first just revealed his position and broke cover to shoot at me, lets just completely ignore that guy.

Cars are noisy man, ditch them when you no longer need them. Out of a field of silenced bush campers, you were the biggest/easiest target in that scenario.

EDIT:
^And yet, you don't have issues, so you assume the 'majority' don't. That is despite the easily seen evidence by streamers, videos, and posts about the lag either constant or intermittent. I'm surprised you haven't told us to just close the game and restart our computers yet.

Crazyeyes24 fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 26, 2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Cars are noisy man, ditch them when you no longer need them. Out of a field of silenced bush campers, you were the biggest/easiest target in that scenario.

EDIT:
^And yet, you don't have issues, so you assume the 'majority' don't. That is despite the easily seen evidence by streamers, videos, and posts about the lag either constant or intermittent. I'm surprised you haven't told us to just close the game and restart our computers yet.

well with this latest update you should at least restart Steam :crossarms:

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/868030365872513025

Hooray?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

thank u based PU

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Megasabin posted:

I've never had major game breaking lag, but almost everyone in my playgroup (10~ people) have had rubber-banding events where the character gets sent backwards in time, and there are more than a few times where people will die in a firefight when they are already behind cover where the enemy has no shot.

Most entrenched tech/STEM majors seem to be more susceptible to conspiracy theories than other people on site.

In my experience.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Unless you have taken the PE you are not an engineer hth

signed,
TusenTakk, Software Engineer

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

15+ years as a computer janitor and I tweak my TCP packet size every morning manually to adjust for network traffic in my zip code. I also use gold plated Cat7 cable to hook up my router to my rear end.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Like come on guys the latency and packet loss will be different for everyone due to the number and quality of hops along the way.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Dyz posted:

Most entrenched tech/STEM majors seem to be more susceptible to conspiracy theories than other people on site.

In my experience.

A non-anecdotal fact- engineering backgrounds are highly over-represented among terrorists.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Unless you have taken the PE you are not an engineer hth

signed,
TusenTakk, Software Engineer

And now goons are reminding me to study instead of play PUBG

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

afkmacro posted:

15+ years as a computer janitor and I tweak my TCP packet size every morning manually to adjust for network traffic in my zip code. I also use gold plated Cat7 cable to hook up my router to my rear end.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A JUMBO FRAME INTO THE ROUTING TABLE.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds:

Carebearz posted:

13+ years working with computers as a network engineer begs to differ.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i really like the new update, feel like i'm playing better too

still one shotting people with shotguns in a lot of cases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
Man it is a real test of one's ability to remain collected when your squad gets pinched by two squads at the same time just by happenstance.

I'm not saying that as self-aggrandizement. I do not remain collected when I take solid cover from one set of assholes shooting at me only to immediately receive fire from a previously unknown enemy that i'm completely exposed to. It seems in those cases the best chance you have, unless you have a way to slip out and reposition, is to pick one squad and try your hardest to overrun them.

• Locked thread