Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Far Cry 5 might be good fun! I am looking forward to seeing more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

This thread is so hateful :dukedoge:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

They also really, really suck.

No lol

Games hates both games and movies, news at 11

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

New Everybody's Golf is pretty fun, as long as you like golf and anime

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Man, Arkane can't catch a break. I wonder how Prey sold cos Dishonored 2 seems like it flopped hard. I've seen it for like €20 but the demo played so bad that I wouldn't buy it for that.
Bethesda really needs to get the studios they own to share tech, get those ID masters to help other teams with their engines.

Zenimax's original plan was to have iD serve as the technical backbone of their studios. However, iDTech is engineered for high performance corridor shooters and doesn't have the toolset to efficiently develop other genres. For example, idTech5 would have scaling and file size issues with a typical Bethesda open world game.

Since then, Zenimax has used several licensed engines, such as Cryngine and Unity, depending on the type of game they're making. Bethesda will probably use the gamebyro Creation engine until the end of days.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

This reminded me to check my mail, and hell yeah i got a beta code! Time to make an anime and be bad at golf.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sunning posted:

Zenimax's original plan was to have iD serve as the technical backbone of their studios. However, iDTech is engineered for high performance corridor shooters and doesn't have the toolset to efficiently develop other genres. For example, idTech5 would have scaling and file size issues with a typical Bethesda open world game.

Since then, Zenimax has used several licensed engines, such as Cryngine and Unity, depending on the type of game they're making. Bethesda will probably use the gamebyro Creation engine until the end of days.

Very interesting, thanks.

Did Wolfenstein use an older version of ID TECH? I remember being very impressed by the world design of that.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Man of Steel and Batman v Superman (Ultimate Cut) are some of the best superhero films. They're so anti-fascist it's incredible. Doesn't make light of conflict, which I really appreciate it.

VideoGames posted:

The thing I'm cautious about is it just being another standard Ubisoft open world game with too many icons for lovely collection checklist activities. After playing Horizon and Witcher 3, I want something different from the side activities in these games. Quality over quantity.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

Nobody's said it isn't derivative, but once again you were whinging about a wholesale rip-off, yet the only real similarities you brought up are stuff that's common to the genre. Woah, Nioh has waist high barriers, just like Dark Souls! It's a shallow criticism that discounts all the stuff Digirat and Snak brought up - just because you weren't able to explore the game's systems to any depth doesn't mean they aren't there.

You are absolutely ridiculous. I can't tell if you can't read or are just loving with me at this point, but either way this is long over so yeah time to move on.

In other news, Titanfall 2 is a very fun game. It's gotten a lot of new content finally that has made it even more fun. Fun times.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 26, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Some of the stuff you can do with the Everybody's Golf character creator is weird as gently caress.

https://twitter.com/Dr_Drecula/status/868120518276329473

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Did Wolfenstein use an older version of ID TECH? I remember being very impressed by the world design of that.

No, it used iDTech 5 but the world design also used a lot of brutalist architecture design to take advantage of megatextures and then wove that into the story with the uber-concrete stuff.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

there are about 4-5 accents in MT, I don't think the cult leader used any of them. Buut he could be from out of state.

Yes I know this is a stupid thing to make note of

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So... is Everybody Golfing?! :D
https://twitter.com/feenix7/status/868134977329745920

[ed] Haha, I got a bogey and my guy laid down and had a seizure.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 26, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Everybody's Golf kicks rear end. Just finished a round of 9, not that great at it but I had a blast. I can't believe they're selling this at only $40 and it comes out the same day as similarly discounted Yakuza: Kiwami. Definitely picking up both.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Sakurazuka posted:

I like neither of these things and am still looking forward to having a go on the beta later

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Rumour is Killing Floor 2 and Life is Strange are June's PS+ games 👀

Deffo hope we get KF2, would love to play that with a few goons

Makes sense, my copy of LiS just showed up in the mail, so

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I tried the Everybodys Golf beta earlier and got booted twice mid-game for losing connection to the server :(

Guess i'll try it again later or something.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Rumour is Killing Floor 2 and Life is Strange are June's PS+ games 👀

Deffo hope we get KF2, would love to play that with a few goons

In Europe I think though, Not US,

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're usually the same barring Alienation weirdness last month.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I somehow missed alienation, and it makes me real mad.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Snak posted:

I somehow missed alienation, and it makes me real mad.

It's still available on PS Plus though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

strategery posted:

In Europe I think though, Not US,

I'm in Europe :cheers:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Freak Futanari posted:

It's still available on PS Plus though

Do you mean in Europe? In the US, my ps+ games are Tales from the Borderlands and ABZU...

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Snak posted:

Do you mean in Europe? In the US, my ps+ games are Tales from the Borderlands and ABZU...

Don't forget Type: Rider

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Wolfenstein used idtech5 with a few modifications by Machinegames. Several of Zenimax's studios (Tangoworks, Machinegames) are looking for developers skilled in using middleware like Unreal Engine 4 so it's not clear if non-iD studios will continue to use iDtech or move onto a middleware engine for their next game.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
My only two games are TftBL and ABZU.

Edit: oh, Type: Rider is free.

This is what I mean about them "hiding" the loving free games. It pisses me off.

I hade to search for Type: Rider specifically to find it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Snak posted:

Well, if you're in the US, then you didn't miss it because you never got it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Does PS+ get a discount on DLC and stuff? I haven't got PS+ since non of the free games have interested me (I only bought a PS4 a few months ago) and didn't have anything I was really playing MP with except Bloodborne potentially. I see right now Old Hunter DLC is $20, but amazon has Bloodborne Complete codes for $20 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018GVQVO8) so it would make more sense for me to buy the Amazon Complete Codes and then sell off my physical copy of Standard Bloodborne at this rate.

But I am interested in Tales from the Borderlands and ABZU, so if PS+ got a discount on DLC then I might just get PS+ and buy BB DLC if it's significantly cheaper.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Freak Futanari posted:

Well, if you're in the US, then you didn't miss it because you never got it

Okay :)

I tried googling it and I couldn't determine the answer.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Xaris posted:

Does PS+ get a discount on DLC and stuff? I haven't got PS+ since non of the free games have interested me (I only bought a PS4 a few months ago) and didn't have anything I was really playing MP with except Bloodborne potentially. I see right now Old Hunter DLC is $20, but amazon has Bloodborne Complete codes for $20 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018GVQVO8) so it would make more sense for me to buy the Amazon Complete Codes and then sell off my physical copy of Standard Bloodborne at this rate.

PS plus almost always gets a deeper discount on anything that is on sale, but if it's not on sale it's the same price. Sounds like you'd break even either way on BB. I've never seen Old hunters go on sale by itself.

On that note. DLC needs to go on sale more! I'm tired of getting screwed for already owning games.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Turf War in Everybody's Golf is kinda great. :)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

VideoGames posted:

Agreed. Too bad it's so far away (February 27). Was expecting Fall.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

veni veni veni posted:

PS plus almost always gets a deeper discount on anything that is on sale, but if it's not on sale it's the same price. Sounds like you'd break even either way on BB. I've never seen Old hunters go on sale by itself.

On that note. DLC needs to go on sale more! I'm tired of getting screwed for already owning games.

Hmm drat. I was hoping for a better excuse to get PS+. Looks like I'll just buy the Amazon codes and sell off my physical Bloodborne copy instead

Speaking of which, is loading any faster vs Disc or Download?

Xaris fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 26, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Loading is the same because it's installed to the hd either way. Installation is almost instant off of a disc, while downloading a game takes hours.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Snak posted:

Loading is the same because it's installed to the hd either way. Installation is almost instant off of a disc, while downloading a game takes hours.

It's not instant at all, it's installing in the background as you play the game but yeah, it's always faster because how the stars are aligned with PSN determines download speed.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, it still takes like, a few minutes, tops. It takes 1-6 hours to download a game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah. You are looking at like 15-20 minutes max on a disc install vs a good chunk of the day for some huge 50 gig game.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Im just hoping that Ubisoft avoids that both sides are just as bad poo poo that they keep putting in their games.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm picturing this: the player character is a black cop, and at the end of the game, he arrests the white christian cult leader, who is then turned over to the feds on federal charges. Then he gets sent to a federal prison and the closing montage shows how black gangs are the same as white christian seperatists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
There's going to be an epic mission where you're a BLM sniper gunning down cops