Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
1. Kairosoft Games. If I must pick, Game Dev Story.
2. King of Dragon Pass
3. Threes

I put Kairosoft at the top but didn't want to have my top 3 just being filled with Kairosoft titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Mini Metro and Desert Golfing are the only two games I've never uninstalled.

E: and I guess gems of war but I think that is mostly because of Stockholm syndrome.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What would be everyone's top 3 games on Android? Three titles that, if you could only have that many on your phone, those would be them.

For me, I'd say it'd be

1. Sproggiwood
2. Dungeon Warfare
3. 80 Days

Hoplite
Desert golfing

I never delete those two from my phone despite always being starved for space

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies is out for Android. It'll set you back $20.

What would be everyone's top 3 games on Android? Three titles that, if you could only have that many on your phone, those would be them.

I'd probably go with XCOM: EW, The World Ends WIth You and Triple Town.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 24, 2017

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

IAmTheRad posted:

1. Kairosoft Games. If I must pick, Game Dev Story.
2. King of Dragon Pass
3. Threes

I put Kairosoft at the top but didn't want to have my top 3 just being filled with Kairosoft titles.

This but replace Threes with FFT.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
1. Shattered Pixel
2. King of Dragon Pass
3. Solitairca

What we are all trying to say is, get King of Dragon Pass if you don't have it already.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

For me, I'd say it'd be

1. Sproggiwood
2. Dungeon Warfare
3. 80 Days

1. The Room 2, just because the sex scenes are wiiiild
2. Kingdom Rush
3. This War of Mine

e: sidenote I love battle bay for the same reason I loathe Oceanhorn

syscall girl fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 24, 2017

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

1) story of a band
2)king of dragon pass
3)game dev story
4)xcom

I'm kinda sad the guys from story of a band never did a sequel because the first one is great ,if a little repetitive and prone to min/maxing. All other band manager games are kinda meh.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Prison Architect for Mobile is out now widely for tablets. It's essentially a free demo where you can unlock all the features for $13.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
1) Hungry Cat Picross
2) Ruzzle
3) Shortyz

Apparently I like puzzles, these are the only ones that have never left my phone. They also get updates often though

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Knightmare posted:

1) Hungry Cat Picross
2) Ruzzle
3) Shortyz

Apparently I like puzzles, these are the only ones that have never left my phone. They also get updates often though

I like a good picross, have to look that one up.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Oh poo poo you just reminded me to look up if Really Bad Chess is out on android yet and it is:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noodlecake.reallybadchess&hl=en

Made by Zach Gage of Sage Solitaire, SpellTower and Ridiculous Fishing fame. I can't wait until Typeshift comes to android as well.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

the king of dragon pass mobile version sucks because i can't choose the exact ratio of wheat to barley to rye that i plant on my fields

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
1) Elder Sign: Omens
2) Hearthstone
3) Sherlock (Free, Pro, Ultra and Zen)

#1 Emulated) Sid Meier's Civilization II

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I don't think it's been talked about, but I found Slurpy Derpy today and I'm really digging it as a timewaster game.

The synopsis:

quote:

You wake up in a convenience store, hundreds of years in the future, to find humanity wiped out, your only companions stupid little creatures called Derps and a host of Gods trying to get your attention.

Make cookies, research new abilities, conquer maps and evolve to completely new species as you work towards the ultimate goal of creating the most powerful Derps ever!

Basically, you always have two Derps, who breed other Derps. At first, you use whatever offspring are made to populate your buildings, which provide you with currency/research/armies. While doing that, you're always replacing your breeding Derps with offspring that are better-statted, which provides better offspring to populate your buildings, continually repeating the process. I wouldn't call it an idler, it's actually pretty fun to continually be juggling where the newest Derp should be allocated.

One thing that really sticks out at me that I like is the ease in which I can do some things that I didn't expect to be so easy. For example, you eventually get the ability to automate the replacement of new offspring to be one of your breeding Derps. Specifically, you can adjust to what makes the determination if a new Derp becomes one of the breeding pair: either just better in one stat, or if they must be Objectively better in all stats. Want to purge an entire building of gen-40s and repopulate it with fresh gen-60s? There's a button for that. It's the little things that I find myself appreciating.

IAP seems to be contained to making things faster, and I've found I can get a decent amount of it just by completing in-game milestones.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 25, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Alehkhs posted:

1) Elder Sign: Omens
2) Hearthstone
3) Sherlock (Free, Pro, Ultra and Zen)

#1 Emulated) Sid Meier's Civilization II

Hey, finally a fellow Sherlock fan! :toot:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Logres, another top jp mobile game is out on the US store. Dunno how it is. I'll give it a go a bit later.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If I had to only have three games they would probably be

1) Pathpix (I'm just gonna count the entire series as one thing)
2) Either Punch Quest or Subway Surfers
3) Shortyz even though I'm rubbish at it.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...
My 3 games:

1) Blendoku 1&2, though I've almost finished all of it. So sad about that :/
2) Backgammon (Specifically the A.I. Factory version.)
3) Dungeon Defense - I don't even know if it's a good game, but I can't stop playing...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hey Pokemon Trainers! Have you ever wanted a mobile game solely devoted to training a Magikarp where they can loving DIE?! Well I've got the perfect game for you!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.pokemon.koiking

http://kotaku.com/whoa-your-pokemon-can-die-in-the-new-magikarp-game-1795541595

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Magikarp Jump is great in that it combines my favorite Sunfish tier Mon with the power of slamming him into a tree to level him to then get eaten by a bird.

RIP Nas the Calico Magikarp :rip:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Anybody k ow what happened too The Wasted Land, that WWI cthulhu strategy game?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Hey Pokemon Trainers! Have you ever wanted a mobile game solely devoted to training a Magikarp where they can loving DIE?! Well I've got the perfect game for you!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.pokemon.koiking

http://kotaku.com/whoa-your-pokemon-can-die-in-the-new-magikarp-game-1795541595

Oh my god I hope this lives up to what it sounds like

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Gumballs and Dungeons is my favorite by a large margin and never leaves my phone. It's a really charming game. Sometimes my phone is my primary gaming device and during those times I can do deep dives. When I don't have much time to play I can just auto-raid and do airship battles for lesser rewards.

I got sick of Dungeon Raid eventually but I played it for a loooong time.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius is another one I played very heavily and got a little burned out on, but I still come back to it.

The Drifter
Apr 21, 2006
Is there a thread for King of Dragon Pass? I've tried to play it but I never know if I'm doing things right. It seems like a game that has a ton of content that you wouldn't see during a normal play though...

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
These top 3 lists need more Hoplite...

1. Hoplite
2. Plague, Inc
3. Star Realms

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

coyo7e posted:

Anybody k ow what happened too The Wasted Land, that WWI cthulhu strategy game?

Apparently they aren't a thing anymore?

https://redwaspdesign.wordpress.com/

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
im giving boom beach a try and its pretty solid, do i just apply at level 6? are there any websites to help me with this game?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Drifter posted:

Is there a thread for King of Dragon Pass? I've tried to play it but I never know if I'm doing things right. It seems like a game that has a ton of content that you wouldn't see during a normal play though...

You're fine. The entire idea of the game is not knowing exactly how you're doing. You have to trust your advisors and just do what you can.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I have now spent twenty dollars on this loving King of Fighters stamina game.

The numbers get higher so good in it.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
What the gently caress do I do in realm grinder now that I'm trying to unlock the dwarves/drows? None of the good factions make cash quickly enough, especially after playing as the titans. Should I grind out secret trophies or something?

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

MisterBibs posted:

I don't think it's been talked about, but I found Slurpy Derpy today and I'm really digging it as a timewaster game.

This game is now eating my battery up in a good way, I'll be able to idle while I sleep at least now.

Any game​ tips? I just got my derp to evolve and am quickly getting back to lvl 1000 again. I'll probably idle to that when I next check it... How do you deal with wack a mole candy and time boost?

There is a lot of variables, but they are all just different ways to get to the same place.
All the tooltips in the in game legend for what stuff does is becoming clear.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

mrkillboy posted:

Zombie Gunship Survival, the sequel to Zombie Gunship is out now combining the original's gameplay with Clash of Clans stuff like base building and deploying troops.

Hey it's my favourite part of Call of Duty 4 in mobile form. Seriously though this is fun. The gameplay gets pretty samey quickly (it takes a while for new enemy types and weapons to appear) but what did you expect.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

boy are my arms tired posted:

im giving boom beach a try and its pretty solid, do i just apply at level 6? are there any websites to help me with this game?

There is a solid wikia Wiki, and the reddit community is passible for what it is. Do you have archives? There's a really good old thread I can link when not phone posting.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Breetai posted:

There is a solid wikia Wiki, and the reddit community is passible for what it is. Do you have archives? There's a really good old thread I can link when not phone posting.

I dont but I'll give the reddit and wikia a go. Thanks!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Dodoman posted:

What the gently caress do I do in realm grinder now that I'm trying to unlock the dwarves/drows? None of the good factions make cash quickly enough, especially after playing as the titans. Should I grind out secret trophies or something?

Uninstall it... I switched to that Slurpy Derpy game posted above as it has actual things to do.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Trastion posted:

Uninstall it... I switched to that Slurpy Derpy game posted above as it has actual things to do.

^ This

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Trastion posted:

Yeah I've never understood realm grinder. It gets a lot of love over in the incremental game thread and I just don't get it because unless I'm missing something it's just adventure capitalist with a shitload of different skins

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I feel like I'm not doing a whole lot in this Magikarp game, but I'm really digging it. It's a great mindless time-killer, and the art is adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Antti posted:

Hey it's my favourite part of Call of Duty 4 in mobile form. Seriously though this is fun. The gameplay gets pretty samey quickly (it takes a while for new enemy types and weapons to appear) but what did you expect.
I'm loving the gameplay, but the selling around it is pretty drat obnoxious. They seem to have taken the worst parts of grinding / play limitations and smashed them together into a paywall that kicks in pretty quickly.

I wish I'd known the drops were gated by level before I decided to buy the stater pack. :argh: I'm still getting my rear end kicked on normal levels because special weapons have pathetic ammo counts, and upgrading doesn't affect anything besides damage.