Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Hellsau posted:

i'm fuckin' great

:smugdon: . . . WRONG! :foxnews:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Why you would play enough games in an ARL44 is however another thing.

If you're willing to shoot the straight awesome +dmg gold rounds the ARL gets than it's actually a really cool tank.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Cartoon posted:

Team window licking lippy fucktards ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sucks to be you!

I always get that bad feeling when on encounter someone types "I'm gonna cap A"

ToiletDuckie posted:

LeFH still one shots Chaffee. I'd be salty if I didn't acknowledge that this is a sign I should play a real (premium) tank.

So does an S-51. Teach that fucker to be sneaky in shotgun range

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 08:44 on May 26, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Axetrain posted:

If you're willing to shoot the straight awesome +dmg gold rounds the ARL gets than it's actually a really cool tank.

wait there are still gold rounds that do more damage??

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Ayup, the ARL and the SU100y are the examples that come immediately to my head.

Also I should probably stop playing the Luchs since it's an obvious bullshit machine but here is a game.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3610595#stats

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Axetrain posted:

Also I should probably stop playing the Luchs since it's an obvious bullshit machine but here is a game.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3610595#stats

Seal clubbing the seal clubbers I see. I hope you shot them with gold.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

Axetrain posted:

Also type 4 and 5 heavies

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Shoot him in the butt for 841 damage. True Pansy style

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

gently caress artillery and everyone who plays it.

E: Great start to the day. I took today off from work and the weather sucks. No big deal, can play some tanks! 8 games played. 3 wins. 116 WN8. :toot:

E2: 13 games, 4 wins. 55 WN8. Every game seems like a 15-0 dunkfest until its just me against 4 tanks at once.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 26, 2017

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

EU playerbase somehow getting worse as time progresses:

Edit:
That TK on my part was the Type 95 with one shot's worth of damage to his name. Kept trying to take his worthless pot-shots at the expense of constantly knocking my vehicle and knocking my aim off so I just turned around and sent him back to the garage, the loving oval office. This is his service record:

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 26, 2017

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I wonder how self aware the average shitter is. Do they think that they're good and kicking rear end when they get one shot per battle in and are blissfully unaware of the absolute reams of data that exist showing that's about as far from the truth as you can get?

Every single one that ever contacts me post game definitely seems to think that they're not the problem.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Barry posted:

I wonder how self aware the average shitter is. Do they think that they're good and kicking rear end when they get one shot per battle in and are blissfully unaware of the absolute reams of data that exist showing that's about as far from the truth as you can get?

Every single one that ever contacts me post game definitely seems to think that they're not the problem.

I dunno, but it really says something when arty is one of the top 3 in damage and experience on a team. Or when one manages to kill 5 while the rest of the team dies
I had a Skoda call me useless even though I did 5 times the damage he did

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Cardiac posted:

Speaking of shooting people in the butt, I got lit in my O-Ho the other day while traversing an opening at the very beginning of a match, there was a single Fv207 on the other team, so I tensed up really hard and went "please don't be pre-aimed here, please don't be pre-aimed here, oh god oh god oh god" and the very next second I got slammed for 600 or so damage.

While that's bad enough, I spazzed out so hard the moment the shell hit that I pulled the trigger and slammed a 977 damage HE shell in the butt of my team's Amx 50 100.

Guy was chill with it and said that had happened to him as well :shobon:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Barry posted:

I had an SU-85B contact me after a match I lost the other day, saying how much he loves spanking noobs. He did an overwhelming 50 damage while the O-I Exp. on his team carried them with over 2K damage. I think he was just mad because I killed him.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

just held off a babby Maus and Type 4 by myself for the entire round on Himmeldorf by constantly tracking them

O-Ho cool and good forever

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Cardiac posted:

wow normally i only see this from eu here glad to see its still on na in hopes to get some entertainment the few times i play

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Barry posted:

I am well aware that I'm a shitter and I love this stupid game anyways. Truly as a masochist I am.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I am well aware that I'm a shitter and I love this stupid game anyways. Truly as a masochist I am.

I think there's a pretty wide gulf between being a shitter and just plain not being that good. It's a state of mind.

A shitter is the type that you'll say "hey maybe you should stop shooting HE" and they'll immediately respond with "GET hosed NOOB human being U SUCK gently caress U" or whatever

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'
Serious question, has the player base gotten even worse? I haven't played for about 8 months and my second game today was a fuckin' top gun.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

There are people who still haven't been able to get the hang of moving their turret and their tank at the same time after 20k games.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i wonder how many players use asdw for the hull and arrow keys for the turret

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Prav posted:

I wonder how many play like I did one day with a laptop with a nub mouse all one handed (I had an IV in the other arm).

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Prav posted:

Would you really want to know?

McGavin posted:

There are people who still haven't been able to get the hang of moving their turret and their tank at the same time after 20k games.

I had a game recently which we almost due to a BatChat with average stats. After completely missing the flow of the map and letting east flank of steppes fall, he decided to skip stopping the cap and instead hunt down an AMX 1390. Every time he saw the AMX he stopped and aimed, while losing HP to the snap shooting AMX. When he finally gets to cap and reset he basically have lost all his HP to the AMX, which he managed to kill in the end. We actually won in the end.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Just saw a guy with 81k games and 48% win rate. Just riding the law of averages.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

The 100mm French gun for tiers 6-8? Something like that is still super special in that its premium round not only increase your penetration but it also adds 30 more damage. Load nothing but premium with it then get called a noob gold spammer and when you try to explain that it does more damage too, they will politely inform you that gold rounds don't do more damage.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Barry posted:

I think there's a pretty wide gulf between being a shitter and just plain not being that good. It's a state of mind.

A shitter is the type that you'll say "hey maybe you should stop shooting HE" and they'll immediately respond with "GET hosed NOOB human being U SUCK gently caress U" or whatever

As for self-awareness I think two things that are holding me back:
1) I almost never shoot gold ammo.
2) I fully aim 99% of my shots from stationary positions.

Not doing 2 seems so counter-intuitive to me.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i got a lot better after i started just right clicking on tanks and driving around like a madman

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

3.5 minutes to get a tier 10 game on NA West as a heavy!

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

As for self-awareness I think two things that are holding me back:
1) I almost never shoot gold ammo.

There are a lot of situations where getting where you're going (or, alternatively, not getting hit) is way more important than hitting some guy at 380m. Just take the shot, if you miss you miss. If you hit you get to say "All skill no luck" or something and also piss Hellsau off.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

i got a lot better after i started just right clicking on tanks and driving around like a madman

I totally agree. Knowing when to autoaim and focusing on driving is pretty important.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Always a rare treat: a good challenger game.

I came thiiiiiis close to loving it up when it was just me versus a Crusader SP. Would've been a massive egg on my face. In one part, I just don't know the reloads I can expect from arty since the changes. On the other, the Challenger always finds new ways to disappoint me every time I do something. Think you've got that Crusader in sight and can surely pop in two shots before he moves around the corner? Naw, you're gonna low-roll that already low-alpha gun and then your gun's gonna take just that extra bit too long to fire off a third. Think it's okay to fire while even vaguely moving? Good luck. Think you can make that corner? Not in this tank.

That and the pressure getting to me. I just hate this tank so much.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Remember Wayne Gretzky's wise words:

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Just click LMB on red tanks.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 27, 2017

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

Just saw a guy with 81k games and 48% win rate. Just riding the law of averages.

Just think how happy he must be. Never having to worry about improving and just enjoying the game without caring about winning or losing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Trying to play tier 10s on NA West. Queue time hit 5 minutes and kicked me out.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Rorac posted:

There are a lot of situations where getting where you're going (or, alternatively, not getting hit) is way more important than hitting some guy at 380m. Just take the shot, if you miss you miss. If you hit you get to say "All skill no luck" or something and also piss Hellsau off.

After the ludicrous snapshots I've pulled in the O-I, T49 or that really dumb time I just snapshotted an RU-251 with my IS-6 to win a close stronghold fight, I have no room to complain. I wish #snapshotmeta didn't exist but it does and choosing to aim your shots is usually a mistake.

McGavin posted:

Trying to play tier 10s on NA West. Queue time hit 5 minutes and kicked me out.

Lol na west

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Prav posted:

The weird thing is, I think if Wargaming teamed up with Thrustmaster or Logitech again and sold a "shooting pedal," there's a semi-decent chance that it might improve accuracy. Using the mouse but not needing to click it to fire would remove that very subtle push forward that comes with each click, or the occasional microshove that comes when you're all ~jacked up~.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

you could just bind fire to spacebar

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I tried finding information about it, but I kept finding information about how to take screenshots. So how do you snap shot. Move the mouse a little when you shoot? Like putting english on a shot in Golden Tee?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I tried finding information about it, but I kept finding information about how to take screenshots. So how do you snap shot. Move the mouse a little when you shoot? Like putting english on a shot in Golden Tee?

autoaim and just hold lmb my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it's just shooting as soon as your gun is pointed at the target. it's not a terribly technical term.