Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

KomodoWagon posted:

I saw a kid yelling at a homeless guy for trying to steal a box of the cheapest white wine at a supermarket. He kept on yelling for the whole ten minutes I was in there, and hadn't stopped by the time I left. Wasn't even the manager or anything lol.

People really like to feel important about themselves, and when they have very little reason to do so (as a Wal-mart employee might), they find weird ways to satisfy that need.

Walmart employees are generally a 95/5 split of "don't give a gently caress, just cashing my checks" and "I BLEED WALMART BLUE." You could casually open a soda right off the shelf in front of the former, drink it, and leave the empty bottle on the shelf, and he or she wouldn't give a flying gently caress. The latter are somehow fully indoctrinated and have been convinced that they've got a bright future in upper management, when the truth is that 100% of the time, the best they'll do before they get relegated to greeter is be a 2nd assistant department manager. That five percent are the ones "going above and beyond," which, in their minds, entails screaming at little kids for stealing Pokemon cards, harassing hobos, watching you like an angry hawk at the self-checkouts, overly-scrutinizing your ID when you get carded for spraypaint or whatever, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
You forgot about the secret 0.001% which are just people who stole a smock and are blending in while planning their wal-mart heist

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You can sneak into any concert you want if you walk into the backdoor while shining a flashlight at the ground and walking quickly. Toss a lanyard around your neck if you really wanna take it to the next level.

That is the lamest crime.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

You forgot about the secret 0.001% which are just people who stole a smock and are blending in while planning their wal-mart heist

Non-anonymous confession: Anytime I go to Staples I always make sure to wear a red polo shirt. And whenever someone comes up and asks a question I start out by pretending to answer it then immediately tell em that I don't work there.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

When I used to work at Walmart my friend would walk around without any clothes on aside from my Walmart vest and underpants

One time he walked out with a pumpkin and no one stopped him but one guy kept yelling at him about where he got the vest

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I dont think object fetish is that unusual, our prez humped a chair

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

this is my fetish

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

got any sevens posted:

I dont think object fetish is that unusual, our prez humped a chair

it's true

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

I do that all the time

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

I do that all the time

DM me

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Jimmy Hats posted:

I do that all the time

:same:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

loquacius posted:

Monogamous? Man, why you gotta stifle the most phallic structure in the world like that :colbert:

Structures cannot consent. You violated the thing you claim to love.

*honk honk*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

My boss sent a department wide email yesterday complaining about productivity and us missing some goals. This has been going on for a while and he was understandably angry.

I swear to god I deleted his email address and everyone else and replied back to a friend in the department and wrote "Jim is an out of touch old poo poo. I'm on vacation next week and couldn't give a gently caress about productivity or his wrinkly old rear end."

My friend replied back "Dude, you just emailed everyone"

Turns out I did. I replied all and even though I SWEAR I deleted all the emails, I didn't. I'm hosed and just waiting for the axe to swing. I'm super paranoid because my boss hasn't even said anything yet, but I've spoken to him once since the email SNAFU. Maybe he's just getting HR ready to fire my dumb rear end

just own it, I say

Your story is that you really wanted everyone to know your boss is an out of touch old poo poo and that you couldn't give a gently caress about his wrinkly old rear end

valuable information definitely

quote:

I am avoiding one name here for an obvious reason you will see.

My grandpa had a lot of issues with the church as a young man and he actually did something about it. He went out and started his own religion. Right now the followers are pretty small, only 17 of us but we are very devoted. We believe in God and Heaven but don't believe in Hell. Anyone who would go to Hell in a traditional religion is instead trapped in amber and sealed in the center of the universe - alive but unliving. There are some other big differences but that's the only relevant part to why I'm confessing this.

My religion also believes that The Great Evil will be born and will oppose everything mankind stands for. It will promote greed, lust, ignorance, and hatred. It will conquer the world and gain an army of followers. Yes, you can already see where this is going. I was willing to chalk it up to coincidence except for one passage in our holiest book, written by my grandfather, the Tales of the Lamb.

"The Great Evil will travel the world and meet the Mighty leaders of the World. He will feast upon blackened meat around them and they will say nothing. He will deface their holiest temples and they will say nothing. He will trade weapons with enemies of society and be given access to their great magicks. He will lie and espouse ignorance and all will fear his powerful weapons and let him be."

This is too much to pass off as coincidence, my grandfather wrote this is 1972.

A much later passage in the same book is my confession.

"The son of the son of the prophet will meet the Evil in his temple. He will be guided by the Singing Sword and will have a great journey to make it to that place. But on the Final Eve he will strike down the Evil. The Evil will attack with forked tongue and stubby claws and massive girth. But the son of the son of the prophet will strike back with his Singing Sword and win the day. And the scales will be lifted and all will see the Descendants and Disciples of the Evil as what they are. And peace will hold dominion over all from then on."

Again, written in 1972. I can scan the pages if you do not believe. But this is the holiest of holy books to me and to the 16 other devoted faithful. I understand what needs to be done. Pray for me and for the Earth. I hope to soon have the Great Evil trapped in amber in the center of the universe.

lol that overdone steak is in the prophecy

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
please delete any confessions about politics or the oompa loompa

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
stay safe therapy ghost

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Dick Hubbell posted:

My grandpa had a lot of issues with the church as a young man and he actually did something about it. He went out and started his own religion. Right now the followers are pretty small, only 17 of us but we are very devoted. We believe in God and Heaven but don't believe in Hell. Anyone who would go to Hell in a traditional religion is instead trapped in amber and sealed in the center of the universe - alive but unliving. There are some other big differences but that's the only relevant part to why I'm confessing this.

Just remember to put three power cores in the UFO, not four.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Drump gonna live forever in amber like the god from wh2k

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

loquacius posted:

lmao at the great evil's "stubby claws"

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

scan the pages plz cultgoon

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I-6NYUp7t8&t=36s

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

alpaca diseases posted:

Yes. YES!

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Why are the petty thief feshes so self-satisfied and smug about it? Do you really think we're impressed you steal like 10-20 bucks of stuff once in a while? I bet you picture yourself pulling off a oceans eleven style heist when in reality even if they knew you were walking out with a ream of stolen paper they'd probably just shrug and go on with their day looking for thieves that steal stuff that's actually worth something.
they're incapable from stealing from someone more sophisticated. let them go about their weird miserable lives trying to avoid every security camera

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

GUYS STOP posted:

they're incapable from stealing from someone more sophisticated. let them go about their weird miserable lives trying to avoid every security camera

Alternately: be white

(I was gonna look up the scene in Friday and then maybe the one in Boondocks but w/e you know what I mean)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bank robbers usually get away with it if they only do it once. Just grow some balls and knock over a bank.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bank robbers usually get away with it if they only do it once. Just grow some balls and knock over a bank.

Few know that D.B. Cooper is actually in the five-timers crew alongside Alec Baldwin

FACT

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

loquacius posted:

just own it, I say

Your story is that you really wanted everyone to know your boss is an out of touch old poo poo and that you couldn't give a gently caress about his wrinkly old rear end

valuable information definitely

Why amber? That's just old rear end tree sap. It doesn't make any sense, no one chains dead bodies to trees. I don't think. Do people chain dead bodies to trees?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

syscall girl posted:

Few know that D.B. Cooper is actually Alec Baldwin

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Is this video clip from 1998?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

syscall girl posted:

Few know that D.B. Cooper is actually in the five-timers crew alongside Alec Baldwin

FACT

John Goodman has hosted SNL like 12 times. He was also King Ralph and brought Burger King to England citation needed. The man is a living treasure.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

John Goodman has hosted SNL like 12 times. He was also King Ralph and brought Burger King to England citation needed. The man is a living treasure.

Yes but what did he, as a large white fella steal? Other than our hearts of course.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

syscall girl posted:

Yes but what did he, as a large white fella steal? Other than our hearts of course.

Every scene he was in in Coyote Ugly.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

How much is usually on hand physically at banks? I was under the impression the usual haul for a bank robbery is actually a good bit smaller than movies would make you think.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

How much is usually on hand physically at banks? I was under the impression the usual haul for a bank robbery is actually a good bit smaller than movies would make you think.

the tellers don't have much, most robbers don't have the balls to tie everyone up and go into the vault

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Skipped: death threat toward someone named Trevor

I'm not posting it but every Trevor out there should know, there was a death threat and it might have been yooouuuu :spooky:

quote:

My son was out of control. Acting out in public, causing fights at school, slipping grades... he's only 8 and was already starting down a dangerous path.

One day he came home from school. Was going to sneak out and skip his homework. So I pulled my gun on him. Made him do his homework at gunpoint. He got a perfect score on it.

I escalated the gun use for the next few weeks, always using it to ensure he was being a good kid. I'm weaning him off it now.

This isn't a great situation but it's working really well. Spankings and beatings don't work on kids anymore - they know they can call CPS on you. But a gun? The fear of death is a good motivator, even for a punk kid like my son.

I mean, I'm calling bullshit on this one, but my hypothetical response is y'know what's worse than your kid skipping homework, is your kid being dead

quote:

I have seen hosed up poo poo on the internet, we all have. Many nights when I was younger spent crawling through true crime poo poo and tooo much time on 4chan. There have been a handful of things that really loving haunt me still. I'll go about my business and then my brain will remind me of something horrible and disgusting. I'm sure you can figure it out,we've all seen things accidentally. I wish I could bleach my brain, I wish I had never read about so many crimes, I wish I hadn't spent so much time on 4chan when there was always the chance of something disturbing popping up unexpectedly.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

Usually a couple thousand for the tellers. If you really wanna make a huge haul then knocking over an ATM on a Saturday would be your best bet. There's probably almost $100k in twenties in each ATM, and they load them up full on Friday/Saturday to get them through the weekend.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Usually a couple thousand for the tellers. If you really wanna make a huge haul then knocking over an ATM on a Saturday would be your best bet. There's probably almost $100k in twenties in each ATM, and they load them up full on Friday/Saturday to get them through the weekend.

I dunno, I saw that episode of Breaking Bad and it didn't work out great

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

quote:

My son was out of control. Acting out in public, causing fights at school, slipping grades... he's only 8 and was already starting down a dangerous path.

One day he came home from school. Was going to sneak out and skip his homework. So I pulled my gun on him. Made him do his homework at gunpoint. He got a perfect score on it.

I escalated the gun use for the next few weeks, always using it to ensure he was being a good kid. I'm weaning him off it now.

This isn't a great situation but it's working really well. Spankings and beatings don't work on kids anymore - they know they can call CPS on you. But a gun? The fear of death is a good motivator, even for a punk kid like my son.

this sounds like a great recipe for ending up getting murdered in your sleep by your kid

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
4chan goon you should pay a cool game called Sad Satan

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

alpaca diseases posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah I stopped looking at 4chan for that exact reason, you're not alone sadbrain goon