Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

jadebullet posted:

So is anyone else doing the whole "New edition, new army" thing?

I used my voucher cash to grab enough Space Wolves to make an army so I am doing that.

The nice thing is that I will finally be able to field a Landraider and predator squadron without feeling like I am wasting points. (And that kickass new SW Contemptor)

Trying really hard not to.

At least want to see full rules in my hands before picking a new one, but I'm already considering Thousand Sons, Skitarii, and Genestealer Cults.

I do know I really want a turquoise kind of color scheme, really digging the thought of an army painted up in that color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

jadebullet posted:

I used my voucher cash to grab enough Space Wolves to make an army so I am doing that.

The nice thing is that I will finally be able to field a Landraider and predator squadron without feeling like I am wasting points. (And that kickass new SW Contemptor)

Yeah, gonna do Primaris Flesh Tearers after they drop.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

General Olloth posted:

At least want to see full rules in my hands before picking a new one, but I'm already considering Thousand Sons, Skitarii, and Genestealer Cults.

I do know I really want a turquoise kind of color scheme, really digging the thought of an army painted up in that color.

All of those would look good turquoise. Necrons too, I almost wish I did that for mine.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

jadebullet posted:

New edition, new player, newly hoping Tyranids and Genestealer Cults share a keyword.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Would you say you're bad... to the bone?

haha I get it!

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

All of those would look good turquoise. Necrons too, I almost wish I did that for mine.

I play necrons already, and also wish I did it for them, which is why.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

jadebullet posted:

I dug out a T'au army I never really did anything with, have been fixing it up as best I can. Those little jetpacks on the Crisis suits are the fiddliest bastards when their peg's snapped off in the hole.

Biggest worry right now is that Retribution Cadre won't carry over into 8th. Which is a shame, it's been one of my favourite concepts to play so far.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

jadebullet posted:

I am going back and forth on an all big marine army of either classic ultra marine or a custume chapter "kickin' asses" with a bucking donkey badge symbol. But for sure new edition new army.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

jadebullet posted:

Going to do admech next year after my move.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I'm nearly done selling all my current gen space wolves that I didn't like that much anyway. I'm going full bigmar for 8E, no idea what chapter. Maybe one of the new foundings if they came up with a cool color scheme for them, otherwise I'll make something up.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I figured getting back into 40K is new enough for me. Plus Orks Is Best!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
im gonna play Deadzone with a bigmarine or two

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Seriously, if the Lamentors weren't literally the worst thing to paint (loving checkers and yellow armor) I'd go all in on a bigmar army of them.

Those dudes need a break. :glomp:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Lamenters have to be terrible or else I'm selling the ones I have.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Apparently my LGS is getting store copies of all the indexes next Friday to run demo games with. I don't know if it's the same for everybody or just preferred retailers.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I am tempted. Craig and I are each buying one to double down on one side. Our store did a 20% off if we ordered before 6/1, so this is when preorder makes sense, 128$ for the set is a nice price...
I am not sure if I need 3 sets of the monopose deathguard or if I should wait for more poses like people are talking about. I also have 26 of the older metal guys. I was going to sell them in prep for the cooler new models but I was lazy.

Well, I only want the Primaris marines and the books and poo poo. You got my number. Let me know.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I am tempted. Craig and I are each buying one to double down on one side. Our store did a 20% off if we ordered before 6/1, so this is when preorder makes sense, 128$ for the set is a nice price...

Which store?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Serenity Games in Largo, FL. Kind of a long drive for $32.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

jadebullet posted:

What is this thing? Just starting a new army for 8?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I just hope they finally make my eldar good this edition.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

jadebullet posted:

Going to finally return to my first army, Tyranids, after years away. Considering Necrons after that. Always wanted to do a full army, and Warriors were fun and easy to paint for Deathwatch RPG.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

jadebullet posted:

If Tyranids are not hot poo poo garbage I'll be doing the blue and sand Tyranids I always wanted.

Safety Factor posted:

7th was a flaming garbage fire and I'm glad it's dead.

Amen. Tomorrow we'll find out how long the 30k players will need to keep loving the rotting corpse.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I won't be doing a new army for 8th, but I will be coming out of my Horus Heresy hidey-hole and giving my Tyranids a shot again. They've been pretty sad for a while now so if GW has managed to make them good/fun again I think I'll like 8th. I'm treating them like a litmus test. :v:

Beyond that, I may resurrect an old Night Lords project I have in a box somewhere. I tried to make a warband similar to the one shown in ADB's series. Lots of looted wargear, weapons, etc. It was a crazy hodgepodge of chaos marine, imperial marine, and even forge world upgrade parts. It was fun as hell to convert everything and I'd really like to work on them again.

Edit:

Mango Polo posted:

Amen. Tomorrow we'll find out how long the 30k players will need to keep loving the rotting corpse.
:ohdear: I'm cautiously optimistic, but it's FW so who knows what'll happen. I think a lot of 30k will be easy to extrapolate off of the regular marine rules and FW's indices. Hopefully we get updated red books within, say, 6 months, but they've got a lot to tweak and test.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 26, 2017

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

:ohdear: I'm cautiously optimistic, but it's FW so who knows what'll happen. I think a lot of 30k will be easy to extrapolate off of the regular marine rules and FW's indices. Hopefully we get updated red books within, say, 6 months, but they've got a lot to tweak and test.

The Astartes Index should be pretty juicy, as far as 30k goes. Stuff like Sicarans, Leviathans, Javelins, etc. should be in there and will give an idea of what to expect.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Pawl posted:

You don't need to be an expert to know 7th ed 40k is bad

I guess you are just seeing it from an AoS perspective.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Pawl posted:

Such a warm and inviting community you guys have developed here

I'd have thought you'd be right at home amongst people who enjoy telling others to get out.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I'd have thought you'd be right at home amongst people who enjoy telling others to get out.

That's a whoppah!!!!!!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
I wish the shirtless ork torsos weren't so expensive.

It'd be fun to kit up a bunch of warboys, but with boyz mobs' size, it'd cost an arm and a leg.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hixson posted:

I just hope they finally make my eldar good this edition.

oh they're gonna give it to ya I reckon

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

General Olloth posted:

Yesssss join ussss, hear the call of the Sky Mothersss! :cthulhu:

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Yesssss join ussss, hear the call of the Sky Mothersss! :cthulhu:

Odds are higher if I can run nids with them

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Lamenters have to be terrible or else I'm selling the ones I have.

If they ever stop being bad I'll buy those sad sacks off you and give them their forever home before bolstering them with Primaris.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The advantage of having a 6+ save on Orks was not having to muck around rolling armour

e: Astra Orruks

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Liquid Communism posted:

I wish the shirtless ork torsos weren't so expensive.

It'd be fun to kit up a bunch of warboys, but with boyz mobs' size, it'd cost an arm and a leg.

Are there any shirtless ork torsos?

E: Kromlech seems to have some.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
I'm looking forward to picking up cheap models once people giving 8th edition a chance figure out "game still bad" and sell their half painted models on ebay.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Indolent Bastard posted:

There is the Mek body in the loota box and I'm pretty sure there are Savage Ork Boyz in fantasy. Though I don't know whether they survived the transition to 40k lite. I have been thinking of running a themed unit of shirtless Orks. I'd have to give them all hair squig mullets tho.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Indolent Bastard posted:

Yeah, but a buck and change a piece plus shipping for just the torsos isn't really attractive when I'll probably need to do up 60 of them. :P

Gonna wait for the book before I start deciding what I need to fill out a list.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pawl posted:

Given the amount of AP3 and AP4 weapons we have seen so far, Iron Halo is really, really good.

I dunno about you guys but this seems like bullshit to me.

loving space marines get all the best stuff every goddamned time.

I guess we'll see what the points cost for these dudes is but seems pretty ridiculous.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I got a ton of ork bits from kromlech, they're good stuff. Just order a few different bits at once so you can cut down on the shipping cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
I'm close to finishing my Harlequin army (will post pictures when the last 3 jetbikes are done), but for 8th I guess I'll work on some Genestealer cult models I got for cheap if the rules turn out good aren't pure poo poo. edit: if they are, at least I have the Warpath rulebook to look at.

Zaphod42 posted:

I dunno about you guys but this seems like bullshit to me.

ummm I think you'll find marines needed more focus???

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 26, 2017

• Locked thread