Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Automatonic Water posted:

I really enjoyed the scene (beginning of December) where the team explains how the plan went down to Joker/Sae/Sojiro. And then they immediately follow it up with several minutes of Akechi and Shido jerking each other off while engaging in two separate monologues about their storied relationship.

To be fair, I guess that's totally in-character.

Everyone complains about that scene but I liked it just because it was over the top. IIRC not too soon before that is when the SIU director literally says something along the lines of "Wow, I cannot believe how DIABOLICAL your plans are *evil chuckle*"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Which Persona itemizes into Apt Pupil? Or alternatively, gifts you the skill card? I want to slap it on the Black Frost I made with Charge/One Shot Kill/Miracle Punch.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Rangpur posted:

Which Persona itemizes into Apt Pupil? Or alternatively, gifts you the skill card? I want to slap it on the Black Frost I made with Charge/One Shot Kill/Miracle Punch.

If I'm reading this very useful website correctly, no persona itemizes to it, but Andras can give it to you in negotiation.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Huh. Well... anyone happen to remember which of the 77 floors of Mementos Andras spawns in?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
He's only like level 10 so the first part probably?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Rangpur posted:

Huh. Well... anyone happen to remember which of the 77 floors of Mementos Andras spawns in?

He's only level 10 and shows up in the later stages of Kamoshida's castle, so my guess is not too deep? If all the guys you're fighting are under level 10 then go deeper and vice versa.

The skill card is probably his rare item, but I expect you're friends with Bernie Sun-ders by this point so that should boost your odds.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Why not just use Gallows

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Mzbundifund posted:

The skill card is probably his rare item, but I expect you're friends with Bernie Sun-ders by this point so that should boost your odds.

Well they're in December, so there's a good chance they have Futaba's treasure scan as well.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Seems like negotiating for it would be faster? I have treasure skimmer and the auto knockdown skill from Tower 6.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Instant Grat posted:

Why not just use Gallows

Because random skill inheritance is a pain in the rear end.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Recall a Persona with Apt Pupil from the compendium -> Save your game -> Gallows it into your Black Frost -> If it doesn't learn Apt Pupil, reload your save and try again.

I feel like that'll be faster than bumping into shadows, hoping you find an Andra, and then hoping it'll give you the card before you run out of ammo and have to reload.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Because random skill inheritance is a pain in the rear end.

I'm having Persona 3 flashbacks.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

Recall a Persona with Apt Pupil from the compendium -> Save your game -> Gallows it into your Black Frost -> If it doesn't learn Apt Pupil, reload your save and try again.

I feel like that'll be faster than bumping into shadows, hoping you find an Andra, and then hoping it'll give you the card before you run out of ammo and have to reload.

I tried doing that with the NG+ Persona because I was trying to do a high crit Gun build and it took maybe like 15-20 minutes to get that one skill on him. I also spent like 20 minutes trying to get Charge and Trigger Happy on him, but I never got those on him and I gave up and went to fight the final boss instead. :negative: They're both awful grinds if we're being perfectly honest.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Here's an equally important question: does Makoto still get to ride her Persona after it evolves?

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Rangpur posted:

Here's an equally important question: does Makoto still get to ride her Persona after it evolves?

Nah

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
No, but it still does the Akira bike slide when she it comes in and then it transforms

I did not use Gallows or Lockdown once tbh

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Am I gonna gimp myself by allowing teammates to do what they wants instead of controlling them?

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

eleven extra elephants posted:

Am I gonna gimp myself by allowing teammates to do what they wants instead of controlling them?

Yes, a lot. Just control them yourself

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Moltrey posted:

No, but it still does the Akira bike slide when she it comes in and then it transforms

I did not use Gallows or Lockdown once tbh

Gallows is real good and I used it a lot but I only used the other functions exactly once for the achievement

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I used Lockdown a couple times to remove an elemental weakness from Pokémon that I'm especially fond of--the Fiends, mostly. Matador and Daijouso are my special boys. My precious skeleton boys.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Skeleton Squad is good. Put Hell Biker and Trumpeter in there too. Also, uh... Mother Harlot? And the four Riders.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Rangpur posted:

I just did this very same thing myself, and I don't recommend it.

Andras spawn on Floor 6 of Aiyatsubus. I found them to be a pretty rare encounter, and even then, the pack will be just one Andras accompanied by two Succubi. Often times the floor wouldn't have any Andras at all. Then when they did spawn, it took me drat well forever to get the card out of them. They kept chucking extinguish orbs instead.

That said, having the skill card is nice because, you can have Yusuke duplicate it so you won't have to do that slog again or Gallows roulette it when you want to put Apt Pupil on another persona later.

(But I still think Gallows is less a pain in the rear end.)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I am playing through Persona 4 Golden and this part in Naoto's social link made me laugh.

Need to edit it with the Phantom Thief logo on the back.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

What level should I be going into Palace 7? My teammates suddenly started panicking in my latest meeting.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Giant Boy Detective posted:

I just did this very same thing myself, and I don't recommend it.

Andras spawn on Floor 6 of Aiyatsubus. I found them to be a pretty rare encounter, and even then, the pack will be just one Andras accompanied by two Succubi. Often times the floor wouldn't have any Andras at all. Then when they did spawn, it took me drat well forever to get the card out of them. They kept chucking extinguish orbs instead.

That said, having the skill card is nice because, you can have Yusuke duplicate it so you won't have to do that slog again or Gallows roulette it when you want to put Apt Pupil on another persona later.

(But I still think Gallows is less a pain in the rear end.)

Or, find Kodama on one of the early floors, and wait for it to summon Andras, which they'll do pretty quickly.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

No, not until endgame. I let them Free Action until I hit the bosses w/annoying resistances. It's a ton better than P3 and no one is casting Marin Karin instead of healing Joker.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

DalaranJ posted:

What level should I be going into Palace 7? My teammates suddenly started panicking in my latest meeting.

Palace 7 shadows are 50-65. But none of them are hard to deal with off the top of my head.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

There's one encounter that's pretty rude no matter what level though. It'll show as red with third eye, so be aware.

King Frost is ruuuuuude as poo poo.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

ChaosArgate posted:

There's one encounter that's pretty rude no matter what level though. It'll show as red with third eye, so be aware.

He used my curse dolls until I fused someone with Mudoon

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Touched a lever that brought up an enemy that ambushed me then juggled all my weaknesses instantly and wiped out an hour of progress. Cool game.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Touched a lever that brought up an enemy that ambushed me then juggled all my weaknesses instantly and wiped out an hour of progress. Cool game.

Would it make you feel better or worse if I told you that the game doesn't actually take control from you after pulling that lever and you can totally smack that enemy in the face to start the fight with neither side getting advantage, or just run away

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

If there's something I lack the resources to deal with, I just try to hit them with One-Shot Kill or Miracle Punch and shake them down for money or an item. (Or just recruit them if you maxed Sun.) No rules says you have to kill every shadow you encounter. Hell, that's how I dealt with the angels in Kamoshida's palace too.

So do you get any free time after 12/24? Because if not I'm gonna be pissed. I was one book away from the bookworm achievement and had like 3 confidants at rank 9.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Rangpur posted:

So do you get any free time after 12/24? Because if not I'm gonna be pissed. I was one book away from the bookworm achievement and had like 3 confidants at rank 9.

Enjoy NG+, sucker

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Shiiiiit. Well, it's not like I wasn't already planning to do it but :effort:

I'll see if I can make a Turbo Lupin in the meantime. The last treasure demons spawn in this palace, correct?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I just finished the first day at school and I already want to immolate everyone.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I hope they fix MC death in P6. I changed the setting after I died to a mob and had to clear the entire maze again.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

He's not as much of a threat if you have a drain/repel/nul ice as your default (i was rolling with Trumpeter, personally) and have Yusuke in and Ann out. With that said, he did kill my friend in one turn with a critical even though said friend was strong vs ice.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Rangpur posted:

Shiiiiit. Well, it's not like I wasn't already planning to do it but :effort:

I'll see if I can make a Turbo Lupin in the meantime. The last treasure demons spawn in this palace, correct?

It just occurred to me that you can pass the strongest physicals down because physicals are all proportional cost. That's gonna be pretty crazy.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

You're effectively limited by only being able to pass down 4 skills at a time, but that's the plan, anyway. I'm hoping to at least get One-Shot Kill and Apt Pupil on there. I could give him Debilitate too, but you'd basically never get to use it with your lowly SP totals in the early game. Do you get to keep anything for NG+ besides money, social stats and the compendium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Rangpur posted:

You're effectively limited by only being able to pass down 4 skills at a time, but that's the plan, anyway. I'm hoping to at least get One-Shot Kill and Apt Pupil on there. I could give him Debilitate too, but you'd basically never get to use it with your lowly SP totals in the early game. Do you get to keep anything for NG+ besides money, social stats and the compendium?

You get all your gear, including accessories. So your SP bandages get equipped right away, and your end game weapons and armor are in.

I summoned a sigfried and turbofucked everyone in Kamoshida's place. Sp items mean infinite Dia too so you can do it in one go.