Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He can stay as long as he doesn't get a new contract/raise. If chinar or the US want him even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The terrorists have won. Sad!

One of Sam Allardyce's friends was killed in the Manchester attack. Given the timing it was probably a factor in his decision to retire. Those bastards.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

julian assflange posted:

He can stay as long as he doesn't get a new contract/raise. If chinar or the US want him even better.

Nope, get rid of him. He's long past the point where he's of any real use to United and is often in fact a large detractor on the team. I don't care about the Glazers' money but I do care about Rooney making GBS threads up almost every game he gets to play in, and it's not like he's going to get better.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Navas, Clichy, and Caballero are all leaving City

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Blue Star Error posted:

One of Sam Allardyce's friends was killed in the Manchester attack. Given the timing it was probably a factor in his decision to retire. Those bastards.

Man that sucks, for Sam's sake I hope that the guy had switched agents already

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

ayb posted:

Navas, Clichy, and Caballero are all leaving City

Sagna as well.

Pep is clearing out all the olds.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
They had a ton of guys up on their contracts. City are going to splash so much cash on wages this summer.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

City are going to have to bring in what, ten players? They're letting five go, their squad wasn't exactly big to begin with, and they're consistently competing on four fronts.

This transfer window is going to be mental.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

EvilHawk posted:

City are going to have to bring in what, ten players? They're letting five go, their squad wasn't exactly big to begin with, and they're consistently competing on four fronts.

This transfer window is going to be mental.

Pep hates big squads, so they're not gonna buy that many players

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Suck it ABUs! We won the treble (Community Shield, League Cup, Europa League) :dance:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/kylewalker2/?hl=en

Seems like he's off?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Maybe he hates Mancs?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Trippier's a better footballer.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Apparently City are about to sign Bernardo Silva, all I really know about him is he turned Clichy inside-out in the round of 16 but then my grandma with a bad hip could do that so I'll just say he's the literal 2nd coming of David Silva and stick to that.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I'm going to be grumpy until we throw £200mil at Milan for Donnarumma.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
:qq:

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/868072541436424195

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

sassassin posted:

Trippier's a better footballer.

He has a much better cross and better close control. Only thing Walker has is speed.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's a shame Trippier wouldn't have got the game time to develop if he'd stayed with us, it still feels like a missed opportunity

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Blinkz0rz posted:

He has a much better cross and better close control. Only thing Walker has is speed.

That speed thing matters with how Spurs want to play though. You can't have a fullback/wingback that far up the pitch if they cannot make up the ground on the other teams wide players. Also think Trippier's crossing is a little overrated within the attack. The goal is probably to use a wingback to give a guy like Eriksen space to deliver a variety of passes, rather than hope Kane decides he wants to head in a bunch of crosses next season.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

:getin:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

gtkor posted:

That speed thing matters with how Spurs want to play though. You can't have a fullback/wingback that far up the pitch if they cannot make up the ground on the other teams wide players. Also think Trippier's crossing is a little overrated within the attack. The goal is probably to use a wingback to give a guy like Eriksen space to deliver a variety of passes, rather than hope Kane decides he wants to head in a bunch of crosses next season.

Trippier's first time delivery is really good so Kane won't need to be battling defenders for balls floated into a packed penalty area. His idiot savant box-foxery will get him plenty of goals from that side.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I think the problem is that plenty of teams do defend pretty deep against Spurs at this point. Against the teams that are already doing that, Trippier doesn't add a ton (Spurs are scoring plenty as it stands) and I think more often than not, with Rose on the pitch, Spurs will play to the left side anyway.

You clearly need 2 in Pochettino's system given the demands, but I don't really think I would want to be counting on him against the better teams. I think the Trippier over Walker is a bit of revisionism (at least when I see it coming from Spurs supporters), for most of the season everyone thought Walker was one of the best if not the best right backs in England. If Walker gets sold, Spurs need the #1 RB/RWB, not number #2 with Trippier taking over.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The Guardian is saying City have bought Bernardo Silvia for £43.6m. Silly season starting strong.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
So yeah...this is pretty funny

https://mobile.twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/868106613441384449

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Peter Crouch and Niko Kranjcar will follow shortly thereafter.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Don't forget Answer to Arsenal's Problems Big Chris Samba

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

The Guardian is saying City have bought Bernardo Silvia for £43.6m. Silly season starting strong.

It's a done deal

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/868163581686231040

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Transfers

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Transfers

lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Transfers

Unluckyyyy

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Transfers

:discourse:

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
good mod

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

West Ham are dooping mental

https://twitter.com/mediashaneburns/status/868181953090027520

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This seems like a reasonable transfer?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

blue footed boobie posted:

This seems like a reasonable transfer?

2 million for each league goal wow what a bargain!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
*Peter Crouch slides in like Kramer from Seinfeld*

"Iheanacho? Where?"

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

When the person who posts it doesn't even believe it

OGNigeria what a source

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Heard Cech got injured in training so Arsenal will have to play Ospina in the Final... Hahahahaha

• Locked thread