Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Did an 11 pull using the new continent's Lapis influx hoping to grab a Abel and a Grace.

Only got 1 of the banner units, Jean, a Zidane(my 10th), and the rest were the worst assortment of garbage you've ever seen: Lani, my 21st Rydia, Cyan, Firion, Clyde, Edgar and 3 golds in the form of Rosa, Mercedes, and Nine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
11 pull got me Grace and Jean and also another Ludmille(#17 or 18), Zidane #4, and Cecil #8.
1/2 pull was another Jean.

It'd be cool to get Wilhelm but chasing him would be dumb and I don't care enough to chase more Graces (though her TMR looks nice for Fryevia or any caster) so I think I might be done with this banner. Grace as an actual unit looks awful.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
What should I be looking at for TMRs for Aileen outside of her own TM? I'm aiming for something like this based on what I have for units and equipment:

Artisan
Genji Blade
Bracer
Champion Belt

Dual Wield
Blade Mastery
Quick Assault
Quick Assault

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ok, Xon it is. Might top off Firion, too. Managed to get Terra to 100, so now I have a second Ultima/Chaos Wave mage to pair with Trance Terra.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'm going to put my Trance Terra up for a while. She's geared out and ready to whoop some Wilhelm and his cronies.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Spent 6 tickets, 4 golds in a row. First was blue, then all the golds and I stopped when I finally got blue again. Only 1 banner unit, but it was Grace, which is the one I really wanted (only good gold too). Going to hope I get the 3* with the dagger off daily pulls but I may be done otherwise.

I'm tempted to do an 11x pull for Wilhelm, as WoL is one of like 3 golds I've never gotten. (Ling and the valentines event ones are the others I can think of). I already have 2x Orlandeau and Olive, 2x Emperors, Tilith, Y'shotola, Refia, and Luka so I have a good magic team, good physical team, and good healers. Just need a better tank than Cecil, and Rikku once she comes out.

Side note, an Emperor dual wielding his TM reward + several 30% MAG abilities is hilarious. If we ever get an event boss weak to magic again they are doomed.

VVVV: Would people prefer Emperor to TGC then? TGC has 999atk, and Emperor has 836mag

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 26, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

ZarathustraFollower posted:

If we ever get an event boss weak to magic again they are doomed.

The current event boss is weak to magic. Or at least his Physical Resist is high enough that it's worth using a MAG team.

kelefeh
Mar 16, 2007
kekaw
I lucked out like crazy last night trying to get an Abel. Spent five tickets and got Jean, Grace, Jean, Orlandeau, and then Wilhelm immediately after.

I'm ok with this.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

kelefeh posted:

I lucked out like crazy last night trying to get an Abel. Spent five tickets and got Jean, Grace, Jean, Orlandeau, and then Wilhelm immediately after.

I'm ok with this.

O.O 6 tickets spent today, all blue, did get Abel at least.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I put up a 780 MAG Emperor with a bit of HP gear so he doesn't keel over to a stiff wind (5k HP). He seems well-built for the Wilhelm fight.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

This game loves to troll the poo poo out of me sometimes..

So I bought myself a Wilhelm because the only tank I had was a Charlotte and a Snow. On the same pull as Wilhelm I get 2 Cecils. So yay for 2 Excalibur's in 5 months! At least I'll be able to start doing some of the trials now that I have real tanks.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I put up a 780 MAG Emperor with a bit of HP gear so he doesn't keel over to a stiff wind (5k HP). He seems well-built for the Wilhelm fight.

So is magic a better strategy for clearing Elite than using Setzer's double dice?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

fullTimeLurker posted:

So is magic a better strategy for clearing Elite than using Setzer's double dice?

From what I've read, they both look like valid strategies. I haven't had a chance to do the fight myself yet though.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Decided gently caress it, did an 11x pull for Wilhelm. First crystal, blue-> gold-> rainbow....reberta?!?! 3rd crystal also a rainbow, rem. Both new, because I didn't even do half price on their banners. I should just stop while I'm ahead.

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 26, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I uninstalled today. Game has gotten really stale for me so I'm gonna take a break. Maybe I'll come back down the road, maybe I won't.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

fullTimeLurker posted:

Double Dice are a fine strategy as well. You just need something to get around his 10% physical resist and butt load of DEF. I had Trance Terra and Dark Fina so it seemed a fine time to use them. At 3.5k HP they were perfectly able to take a hit from his sweep while Heavy Armor wearing Snow with 8k life was my Provoke tank. Only used 1 healer in Y'shtola, took Olive for Grapeshot to clear the way to the boss and a friend Noctis for Fire Flask(if you blind Wilhelm the only thing he does on his turn is remedy the blind) & Link. They were superfulous though. Keep Protectga up, keep provoke on, drop a dispel when needed. You'll be fine, very doable with 4 if you aren't lazy and really want that 15% MAG.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
What if I'm lazy and want that 15% Mag?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I just brought my Orlandeau, a Friend Orlandeau, stole his buff with Xon, and beat him to death over a few turns. Physical resist if you can Orlandeau chain doesn't seem all that consequential.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Would Terra, Trance Terra, and a friend Trance Terra tripling Chaos Wave do the job? I haven't tried that on anything yet, but just two Trance Terras ripped Bahamut apart, so a third on the stack should do some work.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Did all ELT missions in one go. Took Refia, Ling, Xon, and Olive. Olive had maneater materia and Diablos equipped, did a nice chunk of damage each turn and got me the LB kill fairly easily. Refia used embolden and healed. Ling kept ATK break up and Xon stole buffs. Xon was team MVP, I knew he would be a must pull when his banner came out.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
Pulled Tellah a while back but never did anything with him. Is he worth leveling or should I save my cactii for someone else?

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Just got beat ELT with all rewards cleared at once. My team was:

Ling, Wilhelm, Refia (and FissSA's 873 Mag Freyvia)

So thank you Fiss, your Freyvia was MVP in this fight.

My Wilhelm has 7200 HP and didn't drop below 5k once in the fight. It was pretty hilarious to watch 2 Wilhelm's beat the crap out of each other with nerf bats.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

jiffynuts posted:

Pulled Tellah a while back but never did anything with him. Is he worth leveling or should I save my cactii for someone else?

Tellah is a 3* base and therefore comparatively bad by default. The fact that he's 5* max at the moment just makes it worse. I'd hold your gigantaurs for something better but it really depends who else you have.

If you post your units here people will tell you which units you're better off raising.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Welp, did an 11 pull and got 1 of all 4 banner units. Sweet.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My 1/2 pull was the chick from the space marines in Aliens.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Wait, did we get a story update this maintenance too?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

AegisP posted:

Wait, did we get a story update this maintenance too?

Yup, new continent went active yesterday and the new FFBE event today.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Used a couple tickets this morning. Didn't get what I wanted, but did get Locke and that dude with Letters and Arms, so not all bad.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Yup, new continent went active yesterday and the new FFBE event today.

Man, I completely didn't notice the new continent. Probably because I'm still spending all my energy on the Mog King event.

But still, :toot: for more story lapis.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
8 tickets plus the daily. Got a single Abel. Only other good unit was Ludmille as I got hit with the holy quadrinity of Bedile, Shadow, Rakshasa and Russell.
I think that I'm done with tickets on this banner, I'll stick to dailies.

As for the event, Xon was really great for the elite fight. Twist of Fate is just so good.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

SereneCrimson posted:

8 tickets plus the daily. Got a single Abel. Only other good unit was Ludmille as I got hit with the holy quadrinity of Bedile, Shadow, Rakshasa and Russell.
I think that I'm done with tickets on this banner, I'll stick to dailies.

As for the event, Xon was really great for the elite fight. Twist of Fate is just so good.

Is there seriously an uptake in Russels lately? I've gotten 3 of him in the last week, which is about as many as I've pulled since I started playing. :psyduck:

drat if I'm not tempted to do an 11 pull on this banner. I'm planning on getting that $12 bundle at some point, but that would still leave me with less lapis than I'd like after a 5k pull. Mostly I just want Abels for that TM, so I'm not even chasing Wilhelm. I'm still cautious because I did two 11 pulls and about 20 tickets during the player's choice banner, and never got a single Zidane.

hamburgers in pockets fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 26, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Welp. Threw a ticket at the Willhelm Scream banner, and got Ripley Jean instead.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

If I have 5 Xon's, is it worth it at all to bring all of them to 6 stars just for the increased rare drop rate? I read on Reditt that the effects stack, but it's really expensive to 6 star them. Not sure if it's worth it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

AegisP posted:

I just brought my Orlandeau, a Friend Orlandeau, stole his buff with Xon, and beat him to death over a few turns. Physical resist if you can Orlandeau chain doesn't seem all that consequential.

OP combo shockingly still OP.

fullTimeLurker posted:

If I have 5 Xon's, is it worth it at all to bring all of them to 6 stars just for the increased rare drop rate? I read on Reditt that the effects stack, but it's really expensive to 6 star them. Not sure if it's worth it.

If you're looking to farm the T4 enhancement mats then no? maybe? yes? Otherwise it seems you want Locke. I'd assume his skill is the same 7.5% each that Locke's is. I guess it comes down to how hard the mats are for you to get versus how much time you want to spend in the Vortex.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yY0DuB0PrUUe6q0uNxZwE1MluM9jx4waJlvtavR-Vzk/edit#gid=2110432825

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 27, 2017

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

If you're looking to farm the T4 enhancement mats then no? maybe? yes? Otherwise it seems you want Locke. I'd assume his skill is the same 7.5% each that Locke's is. I guess it comes down to how hard the mats are for you to get versus how much time you want to spend in the Vortex.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yY0DuB0PrUUe6q0uNxZwE1MluM9jx4waJlvtavR-Vzk/edit#gid=2110432825

Ugh, this game is so opaque.

This is the second set of data that seems to indicate that Locke actually reduces your chance of T4 crysts.

But we aren't certain if More Xon =Better

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

suuma posted:

If you post your units here people will tell you which units you're better off raising.

I think I raised Tellah to 4 already, but I have tons of those mats anyway so no biggie. Here's my roster so far. Pulled a Zyrus and Xon the other day. All the super color swirly guys are rank 6 already, Sazh and Ingus are maxed out at 5. Fina I maxed out before I realized she was a pretty meh healer. Served her purpose early on though.

Not sure who to level next. Xon? Zyrus?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Zyrus is a good mage with rare elements. Xon is a thief that's good for farming. Both are great to level.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Zyrus is a pretty good mage to have. Up there with Exdeath. Xon just makes life easier for a lot of events, and if built right he can perform light "tank" duties, so always nice to have him around. Bartz is useful to have as a mana battery since you have Refia to full-life him. Minfillia makes a lot of fights easier because of her huge amount of buffs.

Personally I'd go in order of:

Minfillia
Xon
Bartz
Zyrus

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
Awesome. Thanks guys! I'll probably start on Zy and Min soon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kheldarn posted:

Welp. Threw a ticket at the Willhelm Scream banner, and got Ripley Jean instead.

Jean is pvt Vasquez. :colbert:

fullTimeLurker posted:

Zyrus is a pretty good mage to have. Up there with Exdeath. Xon just makes life easier for a lot of events, and if built right he can perform light "tank" duties, so always nice to have him around. Bartz is useful to have as a mana battery since you have Refia to full-life him. Minfillia makes a lot of fights easier because of her huge amount of buffs.

Personally I'd go in order of:

Minfillia
Xon
Bartz
Zyrus

NOTE: If you lack the materials from the FFXIV raid needed for Minfilia's 6* form then don't level her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot
Welp, I'm ready for goon friends. Try not to be overwhelmed by the power of my level 52 Zyrus. :downs:

024 069 106

• Locked thread